Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old November 20th, 2023, 04:24 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Poison Ivy (Pamela Isley)

Poison Ivy (Pamela Isley)

Card PDF

Quote:
NAME = POISON IVY
IDENTITY = PAMELA ISLEY

UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
SPECIES = METAHUMAN
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = OBSESSIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 175

MOTHER NATURE
This space and all land spaces within 1 space of Poison Ivy are considered nature terrain in addition to their other terrain types. Allies have +1 Defense while adjacent to 1+ figures with the Nature keyword.

PLANT ANIMATION 12
Instead of Poison Ivy’s attack phase, you may roll a d20 for each enemy within 2 clear spaces of 1+ figures with the Nature keyword that are within 6 spaces of Poison Ivy. On a 12+, that enemy takes 1 wound.

TOXIC LOVE 12
At the end of Poison Ivy’s activation, you may roll a d20. On a 12+, choose 1 adjacent figure to take 1 Toxic wound, or heal 1 wound from Poison Ivy or an adjacent figure with the Nature keyword.

FACTION = BIRDS OF PREY
PUBLISHER = DC
KEYWORDS = Arkham, Nature
SYMBOLS = TOXIC RESISTANCE
WINTER 2024: A genius scientist and meta-human with hybridized plant DNA, Poison Ivy uses mutant plants, will-bending pheromones and toxins from plants and her own bloodstream for her criminal activities.

Resources and Rulings
• The suggested figure for this unit is a Heroclix figure: Batman #034 / Poison Ivy
• See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!

Credits
• Legacy design: Arkham
• Card art: Arkham
• Comic creators: Robert Kanigher, Carmine Infantino, Sheldon Moldoff

Updates
• N/A

Last edited by IAmBatman; February 2nd, 2024 at 05:25 PM.
Old November 20th, 2023, 04:27 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Poison Ivy (Pamela Isley)

1.0 design
•Personality potentially changing (not sure what to go with there)
•Toxic Love wounds and heals in the same turn, rather than either. No grass terrain requirement due to making grass.
•Mother Nature now makes a small area of nature terrain around Ivy, to help provide the movement buff on maps that aren't grass heavy.
•Add to Birds of Prey faction. Arkham, plant, and science keywords.
Old November 20th, 2023, 04:28 PM

Re: Poison Ivy (Pamela Isley)

Happy to go with what Arkham wants here, have essentially just thrown all the discussed ideas together. Have no preference on whether to keep the terrain making or not, though I do think it'll help make that part of the power see more use.
Old November 20th, 2023, 04:33 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Poison Ivy (Pamela Isley) - Design

Hmm, pretty decent buffs, will be interesting to see how that feels in practice.

Plant Animation may need some wording TLC, I think it lacked a little clarity in 1.0 on if you could target the same figure multiple times if it was near multiple trees. (I've always played it as not being able to.)

Do we feel like most Ivies want the Science keyword? She's one where I could definitely see specific versions having it, but I'm not sure it's a "baseline" thing for her? (As in she absolutely has the skills, but I don't think most incarnations of the character are science-ing very hard.)
Old November 20th, 2023, 05:00 PM

Yeah the Toxic Love change is what Ark wants. The terrain making is what I suggested. Not something I'm desperate to keep but if people like it I'll leave it in.

Plant Animation could probably just have a "once" inbetween d20 and for to cover that right? I've always played that power the same way you have.

I could see dropping Science. Not sure what version would have it, but it's worth noting she does than get the boosts from Fitzsimmons if we add it here.
Old November 20th, 2023, 05:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I also only rolled once when a figure was inside the aura to 2 different trees. Had the same question about the science keyword as well.

I'm in favor of the nature aura concept, will make her play more evenly if she can heal no matter what kind of board she's on. It would mean she always gets +2 move though right? So maybe drop the move number on her card down to 4, for a total of 6 move.

I think I prefer just leaving the d20 ability being a tactical decision, heal or attack. What was the thinking about making both happen on one d20 roll?
Old November 20th, 2023, 06:05 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I thought she was maybe a hair over costed, so rather than drop points, letting her do both hurt and heal with that roll. Requires adjacency. Can be picked apart at range. If someone's up in her face, most likely she's not living very long. But if those who have also played her feel otherwise on that tweak, it's not something I'm adamant on.
Old November 20th, 2023, 06:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Don't have the experience with her to say she's over or under costed. I just like the decision making aspect of it from a game play perspective.
Old November 20th, 2023, 06:27 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

My experience with Ivy in 1.0 was that she felt like she had potential, but she struggled to have good builds to fit into? She calls out a specific subset of figures (ostensibly non-SS, non-Flying peeps) but then also has the Nature callouts, which are fairly map-dependent. Obviously factional stuff will help with that, especially once we have some BoP framework.

I think the changes here are neat, just significant. Notably, the terrain speed boost still pretty niche on maps that have no grass whatsoever, but it's still a boost from 1.0. If I were to pitch some more intensive changes, I might go with something like this?
Quote:
MOTHER NATURE
Allies without Super Strength have +1 Defense while adjacent to a nature object or figure with the Nature keyword. If an ally without Flying starts its activation adjacent to a nature object or Nature figure, you may place that ally on any space within 1 space of its current placement.
Like Ivy is summoning vines to move them around or whatever. I dunno, totally just spitballing and I'd get if we didn't want to go for something that extreme. But no matter what, I feel like figures getting the bonuses for standing next to Ivy would be neat?

(Pretty shameless little Bat Ally Harley tie-in there too, where she gets an extra chance to trigger her bomb.)
Old November 21st, 2023, 12:08 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

From a game play perspective I like the aura idea so she’s less map dependent and it similar to what we’ve done on other figures in the past such as JL Aquaman

I enjoyed her in 1.0 so if she was overcosted it wasn’t glaring to me but she definitely wasn’t undercosted I know that. I’d say we are still in sanity test range I’d guess.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 21st, 2023, 04:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Make sure to post links to these in the main.

As long as one Ivy has the Science keyword, I'm OK if both don't. She's been shown as more metahuman controlling plants at times and more as "master botanist" at others.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 21st, 2023, 08:42 PM

I'm down to sanity test whatever we settle on here. Just would prefer not to go into full testing. I've not really played her but on paper I feel either letting Toxic Love do both options, or her making terrain, is probably enough? I lean more towards terrain making as Toxic Love being a "choose 1" feels a bit more dynamic, and makes her stand out a bit more from other plant based characters who all also have auto wounding be there thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I think the changes here are neat, just significant. Notably, the terrain speed boost still pretty niche on maps that have no grass whatsoever, but it's still a boost from 1.0. If I were to pitch some more intensive changes, I might go with something like this?
Quote:
MOTHER NATURE
Allies without Super Strength have +1 Defense while adjacent to a nature object or figure with the Nature keyword. If an ally without Flying starts its activation adjacent to a nature object or Nature figure, you may place that ally on any space within 1 space of its current placement.
Like Ivy is summoning vines to move them around or whatever. I dunno, totally just spitballing and I'd get if we didn't want to go for something that extreme. But no matter what, I feel like figures getting the bonuses for standing next to Ivy would be neat?

(Pretty shameless little Bat Ally Harley tie-in there too, where she gets an extra chance to trigger her bomb.)
I like it, feels like a pretty big change that more figures benefit from though. I do like the idea of Ivy giving out the bonus too. I also think we could go the route of her giving out +1 Move to figures starting adjacent to Nature keyword or on nature terrain. Smaller buff but more applicable, and provides the move buff mostly the same way that the defense buff is given out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Make sure to post links to these in the main.

As long as one Ivy has the Science keyword, I'm OK if both don't. She's been shown as more metahuman controlling plants at times and more as "master botanist" at others.
Pretty sure I did post these in the main discussion thread unless I posted in the wrong thread?

I guess it just depends which Ivy right now, if any, feel like the science one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database