Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 13th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Rocket Raccoon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like the different Unique Heroes part of the OM placement y'all have been working with here as a fun echo of Ragtag Tactics. Not sure on the dead OM placement thing.

Here's a riff:

I HAVE A PLAN
If all of your Order Markers are placed on different Unique Heroes, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on another card in your Army, before taking a turn with that card, you may reveal an Order Marker on this card. If you do, either move each other Unique Hero you control with an Order Marker on its card 3 spaces, or take an immediate turn with Rocket Raccoon. If he attacks during this turn, add one automatic skull to his normal attack.

Basically going with the auto-skull theme from Attack Plan and Secret Attack Plan and making it more about Raccoon jumping in when the time is right to pile on to what someone else is doing.

Probably need a line in there about engagement with the movement too.
I quite like that.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 13th, 2018, 12:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If you guys want more 'wow' power, this is what I came up with last night while trying to go to sleep.

OVERWHELMING ASSAULT
If each of your Order Markers are placed on a different Unique Hero card you control, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on any card you control and after taking a turn with that figure, if no other figure also took a turn you may immedietly reveal the X Order Marker on this card. If you do, you may take a turn with every card that has a revealed Order Marker on their card in which they may only attack, and you may take a turn with every card that has an unrevealed Order Marker on their card in which they may only move. You may decide in which order to take these turns.

I still like the idea of gaining something from spreading out the OM's when playing the GotG so they function as a team rather than just one figure loading up on OM's and running around doing everything, the first line also has the nice side effect of keeping Loki out of a Rocket build so you can't double up on X's. Second part about only taking a turn with the figure you revealed an OM on addresses the issue of bonding figures like Luke Cage being on the team, and the X reveal keeps Ozy from being a great partner. Then comes the 'wow' factor, you will be able to move or attack with 4 figures at once in what ever order you want to, who gets to attack and who gets to move is determined by your OM placement. Big move early in the game, but as the game goes on it may become less effective as figures with OM's on their card get KOed and then it doesn't work at all once you are down to 3 or fewer unique heroes.
Old August 13th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That’s really cool! Is there a possible Ozy + Temporal Defense or Attack Plan exploit there?

That has me liking a Star-Lord/Robot/Cap/Rocket grouping.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 13th, 2018, 01:04 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I'm loving that latest idea YK! It's interesting and keeps the OM distribution which I agree is the nicest feature.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 13th, 2018, 01:16 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Rereading Ozy’s restrictions, I don’t think my concern is valid.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 13th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Wow! That's really cool. I'm a little concerned it could be OP, though. Also, I'm not sure I like that he needs to have the X, meaning he gets no normal activations each round - I feel like he should be one of the most active members, not least. Perhaps it triggers after revealing an OM on his card normally and taking a turn with him normally?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 13th, 2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Wow! That's really cool. I'm a little concerned it could be OP, though. Also, I'm not sure I like that he needs to have the X, meaning he gets no normal activations each round - I feel like he should be one of the most active members, not least. Perhaps it triggers after revealing an OM on his card normally and taking a turn with him normally?
He could certainly be activated on another figure’s OM though if they have the right powers to allow it.

Old August 13th, 2018, 02:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I was thinking that if you had an unrevealed OM on Groot, he would move first and carry Rocket into position for his attack. Or if you have a revealed OM on Star Lord, he would use his covering fire first and potentially move Rocket up into position for his attack. Plus Rocket's defensive power should keep him moving around the board for free quite a bit. I imagine he may become a high priority target with this power and only 4 life. That being said, I too had considered letting the X be revealed on any card last night but never settled on if that was too much or not, the power already has a lot going on in it.

OVERWHELMING ASSAULT
If each of your Order Markers are placed on a different Unique Hero card you control, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on any card you control and after taking a turn with that figure, if no other figure also took a turn you may immedietly reveal the X Order Marker on any card. If you do, you may take a turn with every card that has a revealed Order Marker on their card in which they may only attack, and you may take a turn with every card that has an unrevealed Order Marker on their card in which they may only move. You may decide in which order to take these turns.
Old August 13th, 2018, 02:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Nope. Said up front that he couldn't fill the same exact niche. If anyone's the Guardians OM dump, it's Mantis.

I just think it would nice if after drafting Star-Lord, the next card I wanted to reach for was Rocket instead of Robot. Don't think the current write-up is there.
I’d throw Robot out there for the most undercosted C3G card debate right now, frankly, so that might be a tough bar. If anything, if you can achieve next pick after Robot, you’re doing well.
++ to that. Robot+Star-Lord is such a power combo that trying to outshine it is probably a bad idea. (As an aside - at Gencon we had a similar discussion and Diablo came up in the undercosted sweepstakes discussion. He's less obvious, but 140 points for passive turn-killing and some annoying defensive abilities is really good.)

FWIW I think we're going to discover that Star-Lord + Nebula is a fantastic combo as well. Star-Lord can just pelt a high-defense figure with his special attack on his turn. Free movement to get Nebula and others into place. If he hits the big baddie, then sweet, I did damage to a high-defense figure. If not - Nebula time.

(I feel a little bad for Drax and Gamora; they don't even make it onto my matrix of figures to combo with Star-Lord. They're not bad by any means, just not particularly synergistic with S-L.)

Quote:
I HAVE A PLAN
If all of your Order Markers are placed on different Unique Heroes, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on another card in your Army, before taking a turn with that card, you may reveal an Order Marker on this card. If you do, either move each other Unique Hero you control with an Order Marker on its card 3 spaces, or take an immediate turn with Rocket Raccoon. If he attacks during this turn, add one automatic skull to his normal attack.
I like this version. Strong but safe. There are currently no "X" powers on other Guardians, are there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
OVERWHELMING ASSAULT
If each of your Order Markers are placed on a different Unique Hero card you control, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on any card you control and after taking a turn with that figure, if no other figure also took a turn you may immediately reveal the X Order Marker on this card. If you do, you may take a turn with every card that has a revealed Order Marker on their card in which they may only attack, and you may take a turn with every card that has an unrevealed Order Marker on their card in which they may only move. You may decide in which order to take these turns.
That's... wow. I'd need some time to process that one. My first thought was actually Commander Rodgers, so I could give him OM1 or OM2, and then do OM shennanigans before turn 3 to set up a big multi-attack. This is even easier to pull off with Doctor Manhattan (you might want to restrict the OMs and turns to unique heroes!).

There's also the possibility of Star-Lord with a bunch of long-range bombers, with or without Rodgers/Cap America. Just something like SL+Deathstroke+Cable+Merlyn+Rocket. All in all this version scares me quite a bit. I'm not saying it's broken but in the right situation it feels REALLY strong.
Old August 13th, 2018, 02:10 PM

Hmm, do we have precedent for powers where figures take turns and can only attack? That cancels out before/after attacking powers, right? But it does allow for normal or special attacks, right?

I'd prefer your having to either put the "X" on Rocket for this to work or at least have one of the OMs on him. Seems odd otherwise for him to do it without necessarily having to have an OM on his card at all.

Edit: dok with other concerns

Old August 13th, 2018, 02:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Ah, yes I would certainly want to require at least 1 OM on Rocket for the power to work, and would certainly limit it to Unique Heroes only. Hadn't considered rearranging your OM's after placing them, but as long as each hero only has 1 OM on their card I'm not overly concerned about that.
Old August 13th, 2018, 02:29 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I don't think there's any discovering needed on Nebula making a good combo with Star-Lord, that was intentional, and she was tested with it several times. I wanted her to be a tie-in with the Guardians, which means you have to make her appealing to Star-Lord, but still stand out on her own for army building.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library