Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 1st, 2007, 04:45 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Heroscape Tarot Deck

I Googled the site and couldn't find this topic brought up before, even though it seems like a natural...

Has anybody ever tried to put together a Tarot Deck using Heroscape army cards? I don't know that it can be done all the way through, but I'll take a crack at it. Anybody with any ideas?

EDIT: I'm trying to include everyone's ideas as we go along, so that's why there is more than one unit for some cards...

The Fool = Marcu/Guilty McCreech/Taelord/Su-Bak-Na
The Magician = Morsbane
The High Priestess = Kelda/Raelin
The Empress = Empress Kiova
The Emperor = Kato Katsuro
The Hierophant = Sonlen
The Lovers = Zettian Guards/Cyprien & Sonya
The Chariot = Theracus
Strength = Krug
The Hermit = Dund
Wheel of Fortune = Anubian Wolves
Justice = Sir Denrick
The Hanged Man = Guilty McCreech
Death = Sudema
Temperence = Kyntela Gwyn
The Devil = Taelord
The Tower = Fortress Door
The Star = Raelin
The Moon = Braxas/Win-Chiu-Woo/Kelda/Runa/Khomasat
The Sun = Concan/Sujoah
Judgement = Templar Cavalry
The World = Charos/Jotun

SWORDS
King = Kaemon Awa/Sgt. Drake/Alastair MacDirk
Queen = Runa/Iskra/Raelin
Knight = Sir Gilbert
Page = Shiori/Sir Denrick
9 = 4th Massachussetts Line

STAVES
King = Acolarh
Queen = Kyntela
Knight = Syvarris
Page = Sonlen

COINS
King = Agent Carr/Major Q9/Taelord/Hulk
Queen = Charos
Knight = Laglor
Page = Major X17

CUPS
King = Guilty McCreech
Queen = Shiori
Knight = Hatamoto Taro
Page = Isamu
Old November 1st, 2007, 04:50 PM

Mycophycophyta Woo who?
I would have thought Guilty would have been the hanged man because he was just about to get hung when Einar saved him.

Old November 1st, 2007, 04:58 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Good Idea! I'll change it...
Old November 1st, 2007, 07:42 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
I'd go with Jotun for The World since he's very earthy (maybe even go with elves for this one). The Lovers should obviously be Cyprien and his worman (yes, there is an 'r' in there). Sun= Concan, Moon= Runa, Fool= maybe Su-Bak-Na since he was betrayed by Ne-Gok-Sa, I'm trying to think up someone for Star, but I'm getting nothing. I'll think about it for a while.

Edit- Charos would also be good for The World
King of Swords, Kaemon Awasome obviously
Knight of Swords, Sir Gilbert
Queen of Swords, Runa could also work here, maybe Iskra or the girl ninja
Page of Swords, Shiori since she hasn't finished her training
Marcu could be The Fool since he's been betrayed too
Old November 1st, 2007, 07:44 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
You know, I read Tarot and I never even thought about doing this.
I will give it some thought tonight and get back with this post tomorrow.

What a neat idea!!! I think the minor arcana will be a little more difficult to do then the majors though. Most cards are "scenes", and symbols. The Heroscape cards don't really have that.

It is interesting though.
Old November 1st, 2007, 07:44 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
King of Coins should be Taelord...FINALLY!!! He gets some positive recognition for his high cost!!!!!

EDIT: A more serious effort might be the Hulk since he is currently the highest cost figure in the game.

2ND EDIT: For Queen of Cups you could just use the most....developed female in the game.

That'd make it a little weird for the King of Cups though...
Old November 1st, 2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
I'd go with Jotun for The World since he's very earthy (maybe even go with elves for this one). The Lovers should obviously be Cyprien and his worman (yes, there is an 'r' in there). Sun= Concan, Moon= Runa, Fool= maybe Su-Bak-Na since he was betrayed by Ne-Gok-Sa, I'm trying to think up someone for Star, but I'm getting nothing. I'll think about it for a while.

Edit- Charos would also be good for The World
King of Swords, Kaemon Awasome obviously
Charos as the world is a better suggestion. The world represents cycles, as in all things come full circle. Charos being both old and wise would be a good representation of this as in a fictional sense has "seen it all" and remains grounded.

I like your other suggestions except for Runa as the moon. The moon in the sense that she may be concealing secrets and living in shadows, but the moon should be one of the units that would expose lies and deception. I would actually pick Kelda for this.

The Star I would put on Raylin because she is a guiding light and a healer. Being a strong leader she points the way!

Anyway... I got to get going, but I will definitely like to get involved in this tomorrow.
Old November 1st, 2007, 07:56 PM

SoulfulKillingMachine has disabled reputation
The Wheel of Fortune = Anubian wolves
The Judgment = Templar cavalry

I'm sorry, I don't speak emoticon.
Old November 1st, 2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane
King of Coins should be Taelord...FINALLY!!! He gets some positive recognition for his high cost!!!!!

EDIT: A more serious effort might be the Hulk since he is currently the highest cost figure in the game.

2ND EDIT: For Queen of Cups you could just use the most....developed female in the game.

That'd make it a little weird for the King of Cups though...
lol,

The king of coins is so not either of those.. but I see what you are saying.
The queen of cups is not about how endowed she is either,, but I get your joke.

The Queen of cups would be the character that has the most compassion and love. Kind and soft... One of the less agressive of females.. Saylind comeds to mind.. heh

The king of coins is like a CEO type. Very smart and wise with his wealth. Also very "earthly". In otherwords he makes decisions based on what is proven and known, not taking unneeded risks. I would have to go with Agent Carr on this one. Wealthy, wise, and been around the world.
Old November 1st, 2007, 09:10 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Going off of what bad_calvin said, I think Kelda would be adequate for the Priestess, since she is a healer, and have Raelin for The Star, since she protects people (much like the belief that certain stars protect you). I can totally see why you said no to Runa being the Moon, and I agree with you now that I think about it. I think Braxas could be the moon. She's pretty mysterious, very sleek-looking, and is probably not as vicious as she looks (she's a queen, after all). Kyntela could be the Queen of Cups just as well as Saylind (even though she has man hands).
Old November 1st, 2007, 09:11 PM
GW Bush's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
The king of coins is like a CEO type. Very smart and wise with his wealth. Also very "earthly". In otherwords he makes decisions based on what is proven and known, not taking unneeded risks.
That doesn't sound like a CEO at all.
Old November 1st, 2007, 09:35 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Going off of what bad_calvin said, I think Kelda would be adequate for the Priestess, since she is a healer, and have Raelin for The Star, since she protects people (much like the belief that certain stars protect you). I can totally see why you said no to Runa being the Moon, and I agree with you now that I think about it. I think Braxas could be the moon. She's pretty mysterious, very sleek-looking, and is probably not as vicious as she looks (she's a queen, after all). Kyntela could be the Queen of Cups just as well as Saylind (even though she has man hands).
The moon is Win-Chiu-Woo. He's a monk, and he's a mystery. Assuming Aquilla is from the Moon Tribe, it makes sense for her ambassador to be the Moon.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion