Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 6th, 2022, 01:25 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Help With Wurdz

There were trebuchet cards kicking around here a long while ago that may be a good reference for these.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 6th, 2022, 10:11 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

I've been working on DOs like this as well, a 2 space boat and a cannon, and for ownership I went with the idea all destructible objects are ownerless even if drafted into an army. To use a power on a DO, you had to meet certain requirements, such as no opponents figures can be adjacent to the DO or the figure using it. This way you don't need to have an ability on the card defining when ownership transfers.

Also keeping OMs off DO cards helps show that anyone can use it and keeps them from wasting OMs should your opponent capture the DOs

Here's my DOs
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 13th, 2022, 01:36 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I don't know if you're still doing this but I thought I would swing by anyhow. I'm not looking for the most official or "compatible" wording, just the clearest to the reader.
LIFE LINK
Before the game starts, pick one friendly hero Army Card to be Quiella's Life Link. At the start of Quiella's turn, you may transfer a wound marker from that Army Card to this Army Card, if possible.

SMITE EVIL
At the beginning of the game, choose an Army Card that follows Utgar or Valkrill. Against figures from the chosen Army Card Quiella rolls two additional attack dice and one additional defense die.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 13th, 2022, 09:27 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The second sentence in Smite would look better if you reversed its two component parts: “Quiella rolls two additional . . . against figures from the/that chosen army card.”

Looks good otherwise. Life Link seems to be quite powerful but you know that already. Particularly so if Quiella bonds.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 13th, 2022, 10:51 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
The second sentence in Smite would look better if you reversed its two component parts: “Quiella rolls two additional . . . against figures from the/that chosen army card.”

Looks good otherwise. Life Link seems to be quite powerful but you know that already. Particularly so if Quiella bonds.
Thank you! Since they start with the same clause, I made the wording match there too. She can also heal herself. But she has other limitations and all of this healing requires activating her. She should be quite good in dungeon crawl scenarios. I'm not as sure about tournament-style games. Have a look in the thread in my signature for the full card.

--
--
--

--
Old August 13th, 2022, 05:13 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Copying the sentence structure like that was too clever by half. I prefer my way but do what you please. Thanks for sharing!

= =
Old August 13th, 2022, 09:28 PM

I think you misunderstood me? In one power I had "before the game starts" and in the other I had "At the beginning of the game." They mean the same thing and the latter sounds more in line with other cards, so I made them match it. I didn't see you comment on that part of the text at all.

--
--
--

--
Old August 13th, 2022, 10:02 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ah. I did misunderstand you. I thought you were trying to keep some weird sentence structure parallel inside the power.

Regardless, the point of writing is to be in service to the reader. Make it as helpful as possible to your readers, with all other considerations being lesser priorities.

= =
Old April 13th, 2023, 12:39 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Anyone around who can help me with this? I’m mostly trying to figure out a cleaner way to say ‘once this ability succeeds, he’s done using it for the turn’ to prevent weird stuff from happening

Quote:
PROTECTIVE REPOSITIONING 13
Whenever a Medium friendly figure adjacent to ~ is targeted by a normal ranged attack from an opponents figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, switch ~ with the targeted figure and the attacking figure must target ~. Once ~ has been moved by this power, you may not roll for it for the rest of the turn.
Old April 13th, 2023, 12:46 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Do you want it restricted to the card or player turn?
I think you can just say: This power may only be used once per turn.
You just may need to designate which as I do not remember what the default is in classic.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 13th, 2023, 01:02 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Anyone around who can help me with this? I’m mostly trying to figure out a cleaner way to say ‘once this ability succeeds, he’s done using it for the turn’ to prevent weird stuff from happening

Quote:
Whenever a Medium friendly figure adjacent to ~ is targeted by a normal ranged attack from an opponents figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, switch ~ with the targeted figure and the attacking figure must target ~. Once ~ has been moved by this power, you may not roll for it for the rest of the turn.
Let me try my hand at it.

First, Protective Repositioning is a power name that already exists in VC on the Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands. So if that matters to you, you'll need to change the power name. Second, only medium? Not the typical "small and medium"? Third, a "normal ranged attack" isn't a thing.

I cribbed a lot of the wording from the Warforged Soldiers' Tactical Switch.

Quote:
When an opponent's unengaged figure attacks a friendly medium figure adjacent to [NAME], before rolling attack dice, you may switch [NAME] with the defending figure. After switching spaces, the opponent's figure must attack [NAME], if possible, and cannot attack any other figure this turn. Figures moved by Protective Repositioning 13 never take any leaving engagement attacks. [NAME] may only be moved by Tactical Switch once per turn.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old April 13th, 2023, 01:46 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Let me try my hand at it.

First, Protective Repositioning is a power name that already exists in VC on the Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands. So if that matters to you, you'll need to change the power name. Second, only medium? Not the typical "small and medium"? Third, a "normal ranged attack" isn't a thing.

I cribbed a lot of the wording from the Warforged Soldiers' Tactical Switch.

Quote:
When an opponent's unengaged figure attacks a friendly medium figure adjacent to [NAME], before rolling attack dice, you may switch [NAME] with the defending figure. After switching spaces, the opponent's figure must attack [NAME], if possible, and cannot attack any other figure this turn. Figures moved by Protective Repositioning 13 never take any leaving engagement attacks. [NAME] may only be moved by Tactical Switch once per turn.
Huh. I’ve been gone too long. I’ll think of a different power name, totally blanked on small figures existing and forgot that ‘ranged attack’ wasn’t a thing lol I’m rusty

I like your version, although I think I’ll change the triggering text to “targeted by a normal attack from a non-adjacent opponent” that’s found on the Nakitas.

Thanks for your help!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards