Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 13th, 2012, 09:43 AM

DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Raelin the Kyrie Warrior

Quote:
How exactly does a game designer tell the entire population of people who bought HeroScape how much she will be now be priced at? Quite frankly, if I had never found this site, I would have never seen her as overpowered. She was merely another 80-point option.
Games like this issue erratas all the time. It sucks, but it's better than allowing broken and overpowered units. Seeing Raelin listed as an option in every discussion page is boring. It makes the game stale seeing her so much. Costing her so low was a mistake, she's too good for too cheap.

I don't know what to tell you about the fact you couldn't tell she was overpowered before you came to this board. I could tell as soon as I opened the box and read through all the cards. Then again I've played other games like Star Wars Minis, Heroclix, etc so maybe I've developed an eye for these things.
Old August 13th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZMagus View Post
I could tell as soon as I opened the box and read through all the cards. Then again I've played other games like Star Wars Minis, Heroclix, etc so maybe I've developed an eye for these things.
Not a very good super power. Now if you had known before you opened the box, that would be something.

I just don't use Raelin anymore. Simple as that. It is hard when everytime I go to a tournament and she is there. It's like a bad breakup. Although lately, I have had good luck against her.
Old August 13th, 2012, 10:39 AM

Overlord Hikash is surprisingly tart

I've never played in a tournament. I've gotten used to too many little home rules to survive in a tournament setting. In my own games, Raelin sees daylight about 30% of the time. We don't draft figures because of how good they are. We draft figures that we want to use, or those that fit into a theme.

I draft her only in particular settings. If we're playing a castle scenario, yeah, I'll snatch her up. Otherwise, it's not a mad scramble on who gets to draft her first.
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord Hikash View Post
Otherwise, it's not a mad scramble on who gets to draft her first.
Multiple players can draft her (if you have more than 1 figure, of course).

Yeah, I don't like Raelin much, either...she pretty much is the Metagame all by herself (okay, maybe Q9 too). I think some armies, like greenscales and Nilf/Braxas wouldn't even be viable without her inclusion

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; August 13th, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:32 PM

Overlord Hikash is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord Hikash View Post
Otherwise, it's not a mad scramble on who gets to draft her first.
Multiple players can draft her (if you have more than 1 figure, of course).

Yeah, I don't like Raelin much, either...she pretty much is the Metagame all by herself (okay, maybe Q9 too). I think some armies, like greenscales and Nilf/Braxas wouldn't even be viable without her inclusion
Well, in my gaming group, my brother and I are the only ones with constant access to the game. No-one else owns it. One Raelin (Well, two if you count the SotM one), one card. Both Raelinb and Q9 see use, but they aren't the end-all of Heroscape in my group. We use ewhat we want, without needing to make the "best" army.
Old August 13th, 2012, 03:31 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've never seen Raelin as the be all and end all of armies. I certainly don't see her as a Broken unit.

Her defense is all right but the target she carries is brutal and tough to get past without using annoying (rats) counter units.
In our games (aside from a few - which is true with most of the units), she's never truely contributed to an abnormal outcome.

Of course once someone takes the ROTV Raelin, it's normally countered with the SOTM Raelin (sometimes as a ROTV proxy).

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 13th, 2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Abnormal outcomes = AMIS winning a game!
Old August 14th, 2012, 05:04 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
I've never seen Raelin as the be all and end all of armies. I certainly don't see her as a Broken unit.

Her defense is all right but the target she carries is brutal and tough to get past without using annoying (rats) counter units.
In our games (aside from a few - which is true with most of the units), she's never truely contributed to an abnormal outcome.

Of course once someone takes the ROTV Raelin, it's normally countered with the SOTM Raelin (sometimes as a ROTV proxy).
It's true that she's not broken, but she is incredibly important in many armies. I've played 3x Warforged Soldiers and Raelin many times, and let me tell you, the auto-shield plus 4 to 5 DFS (depending on height) is almost unbeatable. I find it's usually easy to stay within her aura, as it has an 8-space radius. So maybe she doesn't break the game, but she makes literally any army much more effective.

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old August 14th, 2012, 05:24 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplodingCheez View Post
Quote:

It's true that she's not broken, but she is incredibly important in many armies. I've played 3x Warforged Soldiers and Raelin many times, and let me tell you, the auto-shield plus 4 to 5 DFS (depending on height) is almost unbeatable. I find it's usually easy to stay within her aura, as it has an 8-space diameter. So maybe she doesn't break the game, but she makes literally any army much more effective.
Fixed.
Old August 14th, 2012, 05:45 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplodingCheez View Post
Quote:

It's true that she's not broken, but she is incredibly important in many armies. I've played 3x Warforged Soldiers and Raelin many times, and let me tell you, the auto-shield plus 4 to 5 DFS (depending on height) is almost unbeatable. I find it's usually easy to stay within her aura, as it has an 8-space diameter. So maybe she doesn't break the game, but she makes literally any army much more effective.
Fixed.
thx. Should've remembered my 5th grade math.

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old May 17th, 2013, 02:13 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm playing a game right now, and a dispute arose. Charos is half-in, half-out of Raelins bonus. Does he get the full affect of Defensive aura?

Thanks!

~JS
Old May 17th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
I'm playing a game right now, and a dispute arose. Charos is half-in, half-out of Raelins bonus. Does he get the full affect of Defensive aura?

Thanks!

~JS
Yes.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; May 17th, 2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: How's that for a quick answer...
Old May 17th, 2013, 02:15 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post

Thanks!

~JS
Yes.
While I believe you, my opponent wishes as to where you have acquired this information.

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; May 17th, 2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: He doesn't think the card is specific enough, and we can't find it in the rules...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units