Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 27th, 2014, 02:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: HyGroundTiles- 3D printing custom terrain

Keep your head up Brease. I just read about how the Coolest (just raised $10 million + on KS) failed to make their first KS goal. So come back around with a second try.
Old August 27th, 2014, 09:14 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

With the KS window half over, and the total not even at 10%, I think this round is a wash. Other than the new Ogre, HeroScape and BattleTech, I don't know of any miniatures games that use a hex grid, and I'm afraid those markets are rather small.
Old August 31st, 2014, 03:17 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brease View Post
Great point! Right now we are offering the cobblestone bridge that can be used over the chasm mat and the rope bridge will be a stretch goal or done in the future since it will take a few molds to create.
Hmmm ... that's unfortunate. I don't particularly care for the cobblestone bridge, and, even if I did, I don't have any need for 19 cobblestone tiles. Next time around, I think you should try to work the rope bridge into a package with the chasm mat. I'd be willing to pay for that package, and I think a lot of 'Scapers would be enticed by this, as it's exactly what we need to integrate HyGround with existing 'scape tiles.

Quote:
Don't worry, we will not give up!
Good! Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
With the KS window half over, and the total not even at 10%, I think this round is a wash.
Agreed. Next round will be the one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 1st, 2014, 02:57 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

DCM also failed in their first Kickstarter attempt, but are just now closing their second, more successful run and getting ready for Round 2. So I have full confidence that things'll pan out eventually.
Old September 1st, 2014, 10:24 PM

Brease is surprisingly tart

[QUOTE=Xotli;1966159]
Quote:
Great point! Right now we are offering the cobblestone bridge that can be used over the chasm mat and the rope bridge will be a stretch goal or done in the future since it will take a few molds to create.
Hmmm ... that's unfortunate. I don't particularly care for the cobblestone bridge, and, even if I did, I don't have any need for 19 cobblestone tiles. Next time around, I think you should try to work the rope bridge into a package with the chasm mat. I'd be willing to pay for that package, and I think a lot of 'Scapers would be enticed by this, as it's exactly what we need to integrate HyGround with existing 'scape tiles.

We love that idea and we will work on doing that! Are you already a part of our private google plus group. Let us know if you would like to join and give more input for a next time around. We are heading to Comic Con SLC this week and hoping to drum up some more excitement!!!
Old September 4th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Are you already a part of our private google plus group. Let us know if you would like to join and give more input for a next time around.
No, I haven't done that yet. I should probably do that now, eh? Okay, PM on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 6th, 2014, 12:41 AM

Brease is surprisingly tart

We love hearing all your comments everyone! Kickstarter has 1 week left. Keep the pledging coming (remember if we don't reach our goal you will not be charged, one of the great parts of kickstarter! Backing us will help us keep in contact with you and let you know our next plans through updates.) We know we are far from our goal but all your comments and suggestions are giving us a lot of ideas if we re-launch. Maybe a lower goal and organizing pledging differently next time around.

We want all of you to know that this is just the start and have been working for years on a game to go along with hyground tiles. A future heroscape replacement with characters and all kinds of awesome things. We just decided to start with the terrain first! Any questions please let us know! We are considering offering the game with the tiles in our next re-launch. Any thoughts on this would be great! It would incorporate new miniatures and heroscape miniatures would also be able to be used in the game.

We love hearing from you! If you still want to be a part of the private google plus group just pm me your email and we will get you added and you can be a part of the planning more.

We are also at Comic Con Salt Lake City Saturday. If you are in the area please stop by our booth #804! We have a huge set up going and even have some tiles for you to touch and play with. Tell us you are a heroscappers.com friend and we will give you a little something fun!

Brease
Old September 6th, 2014, 06:40 AM

highacorns is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The waterfall is astounding. I also like the design of the lava. The stylized, Seussian trees are fun, but I prefer the look of the stretch goal tree. I'll pledge for one set and a few add-ons. I hope that you succeed. (I really want to get my hands on that waterfall.)
Old September 6th, 2014, 11:09 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

My gut says adding a game to the mix might not be the right idea... A lot of people are interested in the terrain. A well-made and attractive game could draw in a lot of people, but not necessarily the same people. Your original plan for a modular approach sounds better to me.

But I am excited and curious to see what this game might look like. I would definitely be interested in more information.

But I'm just a random dude. I make no claim to expertise or special knowledge about the best approach.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 6th, 2014, 09:17 PM

Tigerscaper Woo who?

Since everybody else is giving their opinion, I figure I'll jump in too.
First, I think the product looks amazing. Well thought out; attractive; in many ways, they seem much better than the original tiles. Too bad it's not 100% compatible with Heroscape's existing tiles, but I do understand the copyright issues and restrictions. If you ever go into mass production, I'll probably be first in line ordering them (assuming that they're at a reasonable cost). Unfortunately, despite how great (and clever) of a game Heroscape is, I don't know if you'll get the numbers needed to make this venture profitable or even cost effective. Heroscape has a loyal following, but I'm not too sure if it's growing; and you'll need a continuously growing customer market to continue buying products (because eventually even the diehard fans will max out on buying terrain). I'm not too sure how many other games use a similar hex-base terrain, but clearly you would have to appeal to gamers of other hex-based games to make HyGround feasible. I don't mean to sound too negative; I really do hope you can make HyGround Tiles a reality; but there are some difficult obstacles to make it financially viable. Good Luck.
Old September 9th, 2014, 11:26 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just thought I would give this thread a much needed bump.

I was able to attend Salt Lake Comic Con and stop by and see HyGround in person. The tiles are absolutely stunning! All of the pictures don't do them justice.

You can check out my blog for some more pictures.

Also there is only 3 days left on the Kickstarter. If you pledge and they don't reach the goal you will not be charged. If you do pledge you will be able to receive updates from them on the relaunch.
Old September 10th, 2014, 10:13 PM

Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker

I'm not sure if I've posted this before, but I think there would be a lot of support for a pledge level that could substitute for the combination of tiles in a Rise of the Valkyrie set.
For instance, the 6 Grass and 2 Rock 24-hex pieces would not have to be single pieces shaped like those in Heroscape, but there would just need to be the right combination of Hyground tiles to make those shapes.
This would be a 359 hex set (maybe around $95 using the per-hex price of the $70 pledge level).
I haven't seen how well they'd look together yet, but the standard Heroscape terrain expansions could be assembled with this Hyground set to build many of the popular maps.
And/or maybe do a smaller pack that could substitute for a smaller terrain expansion like Road to the Forgotten Forest (17 Cobblestone tiles, 4 small trees, 1 four hex tree, and a couple walls) or Volcarren Wasteland (25 hexes total).
For the most part, my group doesn't free-build maps, we use the ones that are shared here and have been well-tested for fair, interesting games. We wouldn't easily have that option with the combination of tiles offered in the different pledge levels.

EDIT: Sorry, I did post it last month, but I explained it a little more here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion