Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old July 13th, 2009, 05:09 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Unofficial "Not an Exclusive" figure contest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
Call me old fashioned, but personally I think that those who have a horse running in this race should tread carefully when criticizing entries in public during the judging phase of the contest.
You're old fashioned.

Seriously, though, I criticize out of admiration for the customs I mentioned. I didn't mention customs I considered badly flawed, uncreative, or simply uninteresting to me. I would be happy with any of the nine I mentioned emerging as the winner of the contest. (And a few others, too - that wasn't an exhaustive list.)

Unfortunately, I didn't check this thread on the 10th, or I would have been making these suggestions to bee then. I did make a few suggestions on Albertic to Megasilver.

I certainly understand where you're coming from. People should indeed tread carefully when criticizing other entries (as I have tried to do - you can be the judge of how successfully). But as long as people are constructive and positive, as opposed to slamming other customs and openly politicking for votes, I see continued discussion of these customs as a good thing.
Old July 13th, 2009, 06:17 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Call me old fashioned, but personally I think that those who have a horse running in this race should tread carefully when criticizing entries in public during the judging phase of the contest.
You're old fashioned. (And correct)

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old July 13th, 2009, 08:03 PM

bee is surprisingly tart

HAY EVRY!1 VOTE 4 MAI CUSOTMS!!

Seriously, though, I really appreciate the criticisms, and the chance to help others try to perfect their own submissions, even after the "end" date. But I'll sit tight until the judging is over out of respect.
Old July 14th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
You're old fashioned.

Seriously, though, I criticize out of admiration for the customs I mentioned. I didn't mention customs I considered badly flawed, uncreative, or simply uninteresting to me. I would be happy with any of the nine I mentioned emerging as the winner of the contest. (And a few others, too - that wasn't an exhaustive list.)

Unfortunately, I didn't check this thread on the 10th, or I would have been making these suggestions to bee then. I did make a few suggestions on Albertic to Megasilver.

I certainly understand where you're coming from. People should indeed tread carefully when criticizing other entries (as I have tried to do - you can be the judge of how successfully). But as long as people are constructive and positive, as opposed to slamming other customs and openly politicking for votes, I see continued discussion of these customs as a good thing.

And I would like to say thank you for helping me with it.

MegaSilver
Old July 14th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

We are currently judging the sixth entry.

Old July 14th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey come check out my niche - customs thread inspired mostly by this competition.
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:31 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Please send your popularity votes to taeblewalker@yahoo.com
Please include the following in the subject line: <Vote_Contest.>

Please include ONE vote (the unit name and 'Scaper name) in the body.

Thanks!

And I'll be checking to see who votes more than once! Very nasty things await you if you do.

Old July 14th, 2009, 05:45 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Do entrants get to vote?
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:51 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Is there some thread or something that has a list of all the Customs all in a single post
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
Is there some thread or something that has a list of all the Customs all in a single post
Entry thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Do entrants get to vote?
Yes!

Old July 14th, 2009, 05:56 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

There isn't a Masterlist though right, as opposed to having to click through 9 pages?

Is it right to assume we cannot vote for our own entry?
Old July 14th, 2009, 06:05 PM

panheadman1995 is surprisingly tart

Can we vote for our own entries?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games