Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 19th, 2009, 11:10 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Hexes in Texas - NHSD Wrap up Thread - 2009

We had our biggest event so far here in the North Texas area. We drew in players from Louisiana, Oklahoma, San Antonio, Houston, Temple and really just all over Texas.

This thread is for wrap ups, Battle reports, pictures, etc....

We had 54 people turn out for this 5 round event. The 2 undefeated, Dignan and DrLivingston, played an additional game for the championship with DrLivingston winning.

Here are the final standings with the player's record and what they played. Still some blanks to fill in

1.) DrLivingston ; 6 - 0 ; Zelrig, 5xStingers, Isamu
2.) Dignan ; 5 - 1 ; 4xStingers, 2xReavers, ROTV Raelin, Krav
3.) Luke ; 4 - 1 ; Knightsx4; Gilbert ; Finn ; Eldgrim
4.) BroInLaw ; 4 – 1 ; Grimnak, Ornak, Nerak, 3xHeavy Gruts, Marcu
5.) R˙chean ; 4 – 1 ; Grimnak, ROTV Raelin, 3xBlade Gruts, 3xStingers
6.) AnubianWolf88 ; 4 – 1 ; 3xMinions, Atlaga, MWs, Marcu, Isamu
7.) Fenix ; 4 – 1 ; 2xMinions, 3xStingers, 2xReavers, Marcu
8.) Velenne ; 4 – 1 ; 6xZombies, SOTM Raelin, Marcu
9.) Podwest ; 4 – 1 ; 3xMinions, Atlaga, 2xReavers
10.) Jonathan ; 4 – 1 ; VenocWarlord, Venocsx6, Armoc, Murphy
11.) Jwsanders ; 4 – 1 ; 2xReavers, Micros, Krav, Guilty, Otonashi, MWs, Isamu, K.Awa
12.) Piherculis ; 3 – 2 ; 3xRomans, MDG, Valguard, Atlaga, MBS
13.) Wisinger ; 3 – 2 ; 4xReavers, Skahen, Laglor, Krav, Otonashi
14.) Kirk ; 3 – 2 ; Tarn, MWs, TBR, Nakita, Krav, 2xDivders
15.) PearHeadedMan ; 3 – 2 ; 3xSentinels, Concan, Atlaga
16.) Tmac2200 ; 3 – 2 ; 4xToth, MDG, Syvarris
17.) Nathan D ; 3 – 2 ; 3xReavers, ROTV Raelin, Q9, 2xStingers
18.) Ikari ; 3 – 2 ; Nilhiem, Krav, ROTV Raelin, 2xReavers, MWs
19.) Carter ; 3 – 2 ; 3xReavers, Q9, Cyprien, Sonya
20.) Fencerjared ; 3 – 2 ; VenocWarlord, 4xVenocs, Krav, K.Awa
21.) Templar Fury ; 3 – 2 ; 3x10th, 2xKnights, Gilbert, Guilty
22.) GladDragon ; 3 – 2 ; currently unknown
23.) Charles ; 3 – 2 ; Zelrig, Q9, 3xReavers
24.) Dissolutio ; 3 – 2 ; Nilfhiem, 2xVenocs, 3x10th, Isamu
25.) Swetle ; 3 – 2 ; 2xAFB, Migol, Q10, MWs, MBS
26.) Rym ; 3 – 2 ; 4xAFB, Braxas, Isamu
27.) DrWeirdscaper ; 2 – 2 – 1 ; NGS, SBN, 5xDivders
28.) Juliana ; 2 – 3 ; ROTV Raelin, Atlaga, 3xMinions
29.) Panopticon ; 2 – 3 ; 4xMohicans, BraveArrow, 2xReavers, ROTV Raelin, Isamu
30.) Beau H ; 2 – 3 : Iskara, Rechets, MWs, Q10, 10th, Tarn
31.) Rodriquez ; 2 – 3 ; Nilfhiem, Q9, Guilty, Car
32.) killergoat72 ; 2 – 3 ; 2xKnights, 2x4th, Gilbert, Aliaster
33.) Jay Cain ; 2 – 3 ; Cyprien, Sonya, Laglor, Q9, Isamu
34.) Cheddarlimbo ; 2 – 3 ; VenocWarlord, 2xVenocs, Theracus, 3xMRT, BraveArrow
35.) Rachel; 2 – 3 ; 3xRepulsos, 3xSnipers, ROTV Raelin
36.) vertigosmooth ; 2 – 3 ; Braxas, 3xAnubian Wolves, MWs, Isamu
37.) BooDog ; 2 – 3 ; Kato, 3xHarq, 3xYari
38.) BuddyLee ; 2 – 3 ; Isamu, Shiori, Kumiko, Moriko, Otonashi, NotNW, Krav, Marcu
39.) eMCee ; 2 – 3 ; Minions, Protectors, AubrienArchers, Cyprien, Sonya, Isamu
40.) Sweetcurse ; 2 – 3 ; Migol, 2xAFB, Isamu, 4xStingers
41.) Albert ; 2 – 3 ; Cyprien, Sonya, AE, 4xStingers
42.) Larry L ; 2 – 3 ; Krav, ROTV Raelin, Minions, Skahen, Theracus
43.) Kingsfoilscaper ; 2 – 3 ; Templar, Dupuis, Concan, 2x4th
44.) Mommyfox ; 1 – 3 – 1 ; 2xReavers, Atlaga, 3xProtectors
45.) Nancy Cain ; 1 – 4 ; Sentnels, ROTV Raelin, Syvarris, 2xSnipers, Isamu
46.) [PIT]KraK3n ; 1 – 4 ; ROTV Raelin, Q9, MWs, Nilfhiem
47.) Stacysensei ; 1 – 4 ; Tagawa, Kozuke, Izumi, 2xSamArchers, Monks, Isamu
48.) Ryan 2 ; 1 – 4 ; Ulginesh, Arkmer, Gwyn, Chardris, Jardawn, Emiroon, Otonashi
49.) Kevin Paul ; 1 – 4 ; Grimnak, Ornak, Krug, 2xBlades, Heavy Gruts
50.) Sonlen Master ; 1 – 4 ; 2xKnights, Finn, Krav, Q9
51.) Tmac’sDad ; 1 – 4 ; Gwyn, Chardis, Jordawn, Arkmer, Emiroon, Ulginesh, Isamu
52.) Ryan 1 ; 1 – 4 ; currently unknown
53.) Jared ; 0 – 5 ; Krug, K.Awa, Arrow Gruts, Brave Arrow, Reavers, MRT
54.) Alex D ; 0 – 5 ; SOTM Drake, 2xKnights, Nilhiem

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 22nd, 2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hexes in Texas - NHSD Wrap up Thread - 2009

Congrats to Dr. Livingston.

I'm going to be honest, I didn't think he was much of a player after reading his old Battle Reports at Dignan's. Good to see he does have some skills, maybe it was soberness that helped.
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:19 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Me and my friends drove 5 and a half hours to play and it was worth it. Lots of fun and a good learning experience. I dont feel so bad for being completely decimated by Luke C's knights now considering his ranking ha.

Dustin
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:20 AM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Congrats to Dr. Livingston.

I'm going to be honest, I didn't think he was much of a player after reading his old Battle Reports at Dignan's. Good to see he does have some skills, maybe it was soberness that helped.
I am pretty sure he was drinking yesterday, too.

I look at it like this: you take beatings long enough against solid competition, you eventually get better. It took DrL a little longer than most but he certainly is getting the last laugh now!

He had a pretty good idea that the field would be common squad heavy, and of course it was. There were also quite a few maps that allowed for Zelrig to bomb start zones on turn one. DrLivingston picked a good army for this event and played it well.

We all told him that Zelrig wouldn't get the job done over the course of 5 to 6 games. Well, we were obviously wrong.

Old October 19th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I've been saying for awhile that Zelrig is pretty awesome paired with solid hero killers which don't care as much about height advantage, like Stingers.

Grats Dr. L!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; October 19th, 2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Geez, that's a lot of rats!
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:02 PM

Panopticon knows what's in an order marker Panopticon knows what's in an order marker

Thanks R˙chean and everyone else who helped in organizing this tournament.

It was a blast and well worth the crazy long drive.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Can't wait until the next tournament.

My army was:

MRT x4
Brave Arrow
Deathreavers x2
Raelin
Isamu

Last edited by Panopticon; October 19th, 2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:08 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I sucked.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:11 PM

I updated the rest of the list. There is still a couple I didn't have info for on their army or I couldn't match up the index card with the player.

Props to BuddyLee for playing all ninjas and managing to scratch out 2 wins with it.

stacysensei went all Samuria
Templar and Sir Dupuis were in the mix

I think we had a pretty solid field of armies representing lots of different kinds of builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
I sucked.
Your army looked pretty solid; the dice must have let you down!

Old October 19th, 2009, 12:45 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Try this, I rolled a 1 on Stinger Drain 4 times in a row on two different games. Ha ha ha, I kept saying, "there's no way I'll get a one again." Right.

Add to that losing all my dwarves and Migol to a couple of frenzied Aurbiens and you have a recipe for disaster.

I had fun though, so no complaints. I also walked out wit two boosters thanks for Charles. So I was cheered up. I'll report my battles later.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:52 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was pretty floored when I got there and saw how big the crowd, prize table, and floorplan were. Without a doubt or biggest and best tourney setup to date.

In the metagame, I recognized early how melee-friendly the map pool, glyph pool, and the game itself had become. I just couldn't get away from that idea as I went through various armies in my head. I knew going into it that I didn't want to do anything I'd done before (which ruled out orcs, minions and dragons) and that I'd do melee.

Luke C and I share the same collection, allowing us to maximize it without it becoming too much of a financial burden and guarenteeing that we'll always have a Scape buddy to play with. Since he picked Knights first, that left me with a few options.

I eventually settled on Zombies. For starters, I loves me some zombies. We only have more than 3 sets of a few squads (knights (cuz we needed an extra pack to repaint a Hawthorne), venocs, rats, and zombies) but there was a time when my Zombie Island scenario was our favorite thing to do with Scape so we have lots and lots of them! I also think they're highly underrated.

I can say after practicing and preparing for this tournament that the ability to regenerate squad members and move 6 units a turn, while possibly attacking with 3 more, is an incredibly huge advantage.

With 6x Zombies, SotM Raelin, and Marcu, I went 4-1 against the following:

Quote:
vs Juliana on Invasion; 3x Minions, Atlaga, RotV Raelin = 0-1
Narrow areas kept me from using the combined zombie attack. 7-10 move minions with 8 defense is tough to overcome. I had my chances, but it wasn't meant to be. To add insult to injury, I was the one that suggested this army to her...
Quote:
vs Alex on Breach; Nilfheim, 2x Knights, SotM Drake = 1-1
Alex was a young player who spent a bit too much time attacking me with his knights, allowing me to surround Nilf and drop him while the knights went back and forth with my 4-defense zombies.
Quote:
vs Charles on Can't See the Jungle; Zelrig, Q9, 3x Rats = 2-1
I had little hope when I sat down and realized this is about the worst army I could possibly hope to face. But the dice weren't kind to Charles, who decided to lead with his two heroes instead of hiding them behind a screen. Some choice zombie positioning allowed me to minimize my losses and get enough attacks to bring them down. I consider this my best win of the day.
Quote:
vs PearHeadedMan on Ignition; 3x Sentinels, Atlaga, Concan = 3-1
My closest game of the day had me futilely clawing against those Sentinel's shields after coming out strong and pushing the battle back to my opponent's starting zone (8-move zombies is wicked!). It came down to 3 zombies vs a 2-wound Concan and a very great time to roll 5 skulls on my special attack. One more dead zombie and that might have gone the other way. Closest match of the day for me.
Quote:
vs Ikari on If You Can't Take The Heat; Nilfheim, Krav Maga Agents, RotV Raelin, Marro Warriors, 2x Rats = 4-1
I had no business winning this. This map was the most range friendly and I had to take considerable risks just to put myself in any position to win. My Raelin managed to avoid 3 consecutive rounds of lava damage, while his poor Nilf -held down by 3 zombies- seemed to take every one. Again, I managed to hold both the defense and move glyph the entire match while keeping my Raelin tall and in the center of the board. This screen was enough to keep him in his start zone but he positioned his units very, very well and I wasn't able to reach him with many special attacks. After I took out Raelin 1.0 the hard way, it was downhill for him.

Last edited by Velenne; October 19th, 2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: i can haz grammar...
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:53 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dang I've given out too much posrep in the last 24 hours. Oh well, I'll get to you all in time.
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:23 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

PHOTOS

Shot 1 or Room 1.

Shot 2 of Room 1

Shot 3 of room 1

Shot 1 of Room 2

BroInLaw versus Rym in a round 1 match. Rym had been saying he wanted to play BroInLaw in the first round and he got his wish.

Rym's Braxas taking out several orcs in BroInLaw's start zone, but it wasn't enough and the orcs eventually won out.

The eventual champion in a first round matchup.

Two Heroscapers heavyweights Jonathan and BuddyLee got paired off in a first round match.

Buddy's "Island of Ninjas" trying to hold off the swarm of Jonathan's vipers.

CheddarLimbo making a huge tactical blunder.

Podwest taking some time to read the nutritional facts on his DrPepper bottle mid-game.

Piherculus watching his Romans get off to a great start at this year's event.

Wisinger looking very dapper in his LSU knit cap.

CheddarLimbo's lovely wife and dice tower maker.

CheddarLimbo modeling his aforemented dicetower.

A rare photo catches DrL not shrieking like a little girl. I don't expect anyone to believe that this photo has not been heavily altered.

A fourth round match of undefeateds (BroInLaw vs Piherculus) saw a classic battle of Romans versus Orcs.

Luke in the middle of a great showing for his knights. I would play him the following round and in a very tough match.

R˙chean manuvering Grimnak around Ignition while he's careful not to knock his Dicemaster custom dice box off the table.

Brooke (one of the many ladies who did very well at the event) taking on CheddarLimbo on Raknar's Raging Rift of Really Rioutous Rapture.

Velenne leading his zombies to victory on Can't See the Jungle.

A crowd gathers around the semi-final match between DrL and BroInLaw. The crowd would eventually balloon to easily twice this size before the match was over. Easily the best game of the day.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports