Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 20th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
Change the cost structure of common cards so that the cost goes up the more you take of something
(i.e. cost of 4th Mass = 60 + 5x where x is number of 4th mass squads you take)
That sounds like a great idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
I wish that molten lava was a less deadly to make it worthwhile to occasionally risk going on it.

Perhaps something like if you're figure moves onto a molten lava piece, roll the d20 and take 0, 1 or 2 points of damage depending on what you rolled.
Although molten lava is extremely deadly in real life, and lava in Heroscape is kind of like a void that can be shot across/flew across.
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:46 PM

Nivik23 is surprisingly tart

I would change the ability of flyers to be able to ignore all elevation. Seems a bit off to me that they can fly 6 spaces forward cruising over flat land...or...moving up 50000 levels of elevation.

Would change it to some multipler of their movement such as: when flying over elevation, you can move up & down 3x your movement.

Not really a "core rule" but...it's the one rule that bothers me most.
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:56 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivik23 View Post
I would change the ability of flyers to be able to ignore all elevation. Seems a bit off to me that they can fly 6 spaces forward cruising over flat land...or...moving up 50000 levels of elevation.

Would change it to some multipler of their movement such as: when flying over elevation, you can move up & down 3x your movement.

Not really a "core rule" but...it's the one rule that bothers me most.
It is kinda the same for ranged units. Your range is 5 hexes, but the target can be 10 hexes up. I think Pathogoras gave a lecture on this topic.

Swamp water does have a special use though. It is water so it triggers any water based powers, however you don't have to stop your movement.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:55 PM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker

Mine would be for terrain on ice

I like the one space counts as two for snow, but Ice should be different. We play a house rule where ice counts for what we call "slippery ice" when you place your figure on an ice space you have to automatically slide your figure to the end of the ice. So lets say you have three ice tiles in a straight line, he would move through all three ice tiles and then have to stop movement at the end, even if he has movement left.
This some times benefits so like you can slide into a figure when you don't have any movement left, but some times hurts say sliding past hex tiles that you rather want to get to, or sliding off of a cliff.
Makes ice more fun in my opinion.

I agree with Height, advantage on large figures, this should be changed some how, but height advantage against non adjacent is necessary for ranged units, therefore the adjacency rule shouldn't be changed.

Road makes sense to not use with flying figures.

And I think Swamp tiles need to have some type of use rather than just being swamp tiles. Like sinking or sticky swamp or something. But I don't like how some tiles have extra rules to them and others don't
like water, stop movement
lava, roll for death
swamp nothing
ice, move two ?
even shadow allows some figures to not be seen, even though i just think shadow tiles should have been made so that no figures have ranged hit zones, since their in the shadows.
Old September 20th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Partial Cover House Rules by Hextr1p

THIS!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 20th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

I was always curious why a figure gets a movement bonus on road but not on asphalt or concrete.

The same could be argued for the dungeon tiles which are, in reality, stone cave floors. Of course you could say that they are rough, uneven and full of loose stones and therefore you wouldn't get any kind of movement bonus. But the same can't be said of asphalt or concrete.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion