Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old July 3rd, 2009, 10:19 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!
GenCon 09 Fantasy Heroscape Game

This is the OFFICIAL Fantasy GenCon thread. Make sure to read all of the rules to ensure that your team is valid.

So you think you are good at picking the winning horse? Do you fancy yourself a fantasy sports guru? Test your mettle against other 'Scapers in the 2009 HeroScape Fantasy Draft!

Prizes Still working on these. I will update the list as details become available.

Race For the Galaxy Expansion (from spider_poison)

Player List
These values are based upon what I know about that players skill/past performances and what I know about them playing in the Championship. This list will be added to from the GenCon attendee list. Values will fluctuate based upon the popularity of each player.

YOUR TOTAL TEAM VALUE MUST BE LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO 60 POINTS

Name Value
  1. Arcus 5
  2. bbearz 5
  3. bbearz_bro 5
  4. Billy Boom 5
  5. BloodyBaroness 5
  6. brain of morbius 5
  7. brandon 5
  8. Brownsfan82 20
  9. Buddy Lee 15
  10. Bunjee 15
  11. butchflannagan 5
  12. butch's nephew 5
  13. C.L. 5
  14. ChaosChild 10
  15. Clarissimus 25
  16. Cleon 25
  17. Cleon's Dad 15
  18. cough_drops 5
  19. Darkmage7a 10
  20. Darkmantle 15
  21. Darkness1717 5
  22. Darkness1717's Dad 5
  23. Dignan 25
  24. dillerbocker 5
  25. djnayr 5
  26. Drumline3469 15
  27. Eirikr 15
  28. Elstree 10
  29. ET86 10
  30. fomox 10
  31. gamjuven 20
  32. GaryLASQ 10
  33. GaryLASQ's son 5
  34. GreyElephant 5
  35. GromBloodboy 5
  36. Gulp 15
  37. GuyGG 5
  38. Hahnarama 10
  39. haplo 5
  40. Happyjosiah 15
  41. Harlax 10
  42. Harlax's Son 5
  43. Hendal 20
  44. jacob_j_p 20
  45. Jdtenor 10
  46. jeremy 5
  47. Jexik 30
  48. Jim 10
  49. Jormi_Boced 0
  50. Kaboomboomboom 20
  51. Kahrma 0
  52. Kathy (Taeblewalker's Fiance) 10
  53. kildawabit 10
  54. klomp 5
  55. klomp's dad 5
  56. Knight_of_Einar 5
  57. Lafleurhero 5
  58. LilNewbie 15
  59. malicain 5
  60. ManTrainChooChoo 30
  61. Matthias Maccabeus 35
  62. MattserTruckRally 25
  63. mecha frog 20
  64. Menchi 5
  65. Mi-Go 13 5
  66. Momo_the_Monkey 25
  67. Moxilla 5
  68. Mr Migraine 15
  69. Mr. Bistro 15
  70. Mrs. theGuru 5
  71. Nicktheant 10
  72. NinJas wife 5
  73. ninthdoc 15
  74. no, david, no 10
  75. Onion Knight 20
  76. "Other" 10
  77. P_J_Keller 10
  78. P_J's cousin Brian 5
  79. Paradox22 15
  80. Patricula 5
  81. Retlaw 15
  82. Revdyer 20
  83. Ronin Valentina 10
  84. Rosco 5
  85. R˙chean 25
  86. Skyknight 30
  87. spider_poison 40
  88. stay_golden_PONYBOY 15
  89. stubobj 10
  90. SuperflyTNT 15
  91. Switty111 5
  92. SWNinja 20
  93. Tablewalker 20
  94. The Whisper 5
  95. theGuru 15
  96. thrud62 5
  97. thrud62's son 5
  98. Tiny Timmy 5
  99. tom 15
  100. Tomcollins2000 5
  101. Truth 20
  102. Utgarsrage 15
  103. warmonger321 5
  104. warmongers mother 5
  105. warmongers younger brother 5
  106. wdgrant 10
  107. weesel99 20
  108. Worldturtle 10
  109. Worseley 5
Scoring
  • You will pick a team of 5 'Scapers who are playing in the 2009 GenCon Indianapolis Championship and earn points based upon the performance of all of the members of your team. Points will be earned on both Day 1 and Day 2 of the tournament.
  • On Day 1 you will earn 10 points for each victory a member of your team has in the tournament and a bonus of 10 points for each member of your team that has a winning record in Day 1.
  • For example, if your team consists of players A (4W-1L), B (3W-2L), C (2W-3L), D (3W-2L), and E (2W-3L) your team would have a combined record of 14W-11L and would have 3 players with winning records. You would earn 170 points for Day 1 even though it is likely that only player A will have made the cut for Day 2.
  • The players who make the cut for Day 2 will earn points based when they are eliminated from the tournament upon the following scale:

1st Place 100 pts
    2nd Place 80 pts
    3rd Place 60 pts
    4th Place 45 pts
    5th – 8th 25 pts
    9th – 16th 15 pts

One (1) of your players may be an “Other”. No – not on a movable desert island from a popular television show. An "Other" will represent the field of players in the tournament who are not listed on the Master Eligibility List. However this player will not earn points on Day 1 and only the top finishing “Other” participant is eligible to earn points. Furthermore that player will have his points divided in half again after normal scoring rules have been applied. For example, if player A above was an “Other” he would only be worth 30 points for all those who selected him (assuming he is the highest finishing “Other”) and would have earned no points on Day 1.

Rules
  • Only memebers who join the site before July 1, 2009 are eligible for prizes.
  • Rosters must be comprised of 5 people selected from the Master Eligibility list.
  • You must have a team value of less than or equal to 60 points.
  • Players point values will fuctuate up and down based upon the popularity of that pick. There is no gurantee that your picks will play in the Championship Tournament.
  • All PMs will be processed for the day AFTER pont values have been adjusted from the previous day. If this causes a roster to become illegal, the person will be notified as soon as possible.
  • All entries must be submitted via PM by Monday, August 10h 2009 Only one entry is allowed per person.
  • A confirmation PM will be sent to inform you that your team has been accepted. After the deadline has passed, rosters and player division factors will be released to the general public.
  • All participants may change their roster ONE time throughout the duration of this contest using the most recent values associated with each pick.
  • No team is allowed to be exactly the same as another. In the event that identical submissions are made, the first to make that submission will be given that roster and any subsequent submissions will be voided and the individuals making said submissions will be contacted via PM informing them of the voided entry.
  • If you choose, you may list your army publicly after you have received your confirmation PM.
  • Ties, although unlikely, will be broken by the locked in total team value where lower is better. If there is still a tie a d20 will be rolled.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE

Last edited by damja; August 5th, 2009 at 10:51 AM. Reason: updated values
Old July 3rd, 2009, 11:09 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon 09 Fantasy Heroscape Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damja's confirmation PM
You are first. Approved.
The only sense in which I'll be first in this competition, most likely.

Here's my entry:

Tom
Cleon
Onacara
Darkmage 7a
Kildawabit

The five highest NERVers in the Championship.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

The points make things interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; July 3rd, 2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:44 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This year I've had a lot more tournament experiance, so I'm going to go with people who I've seen do really well at tournaments, and people who've won near me.
  1. Cleon
  2. Taeblewalker
  3. Onacara
  4. tom
  5. the Guru
Taeblewalker has beaten me every game we've played, so I figure I might as well go with him. Cleon one the Battle at the Border. Onacara always places well. Tom is a force on the Eastern PA/Maryland scene. He usually places pretty well in them or even wins them. the Guru is just there because I had no good choices left that I had seen in my area tournaments, so I just picked someone who I recignize on scapers.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:46 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

1. Mantrain
2. Dignan
3. Tom
4. Fomox
5. Utgar's Rage

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; August 4th, 2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Dropped Karhma for Mantrain
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:51 PM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
The points make things interesting.
Keeping things fresh. :P

I am considering getting rid of the divisor at the end (number of people that picked that person) for score due to the points this year, but I'm not sure yet.

I figured it is easier to take a stipulation at a later date than to put one in.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:51 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Darkmage7a - 5
Kildawabit - 5
Cleon - 15
Matthias Maccabeus - 25
Retlaw - 10

-insert signature here-
Old July 3rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

and here they are

skyknight 30
mr bistro 10
grungebob 5
the guru 10
superfly tnt 5

quick question, if values fluctuate do we need to repick our teams?
Old July 3rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Sorry guys I will have to pull out due to some unforseen family stuff.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 01:46 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Bunjee 10
GaryLASQ 10
Hahnarama 10
Truth 20
Cleon's Dad 10
Total: 60

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Last edited by iceman3317; July 4th, 2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Sorry guys I will have to pull out due to some unforseen family stuff.
So you can't make gencon? That's a shame.

Damja, I'm going to have to change me army.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

You picked too many iceman, only a 5-person roster allowed.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games