Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 17th, 2018, 11:32 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New 52 And DC Rebirth Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I don稚 think the DC Universe Mini will work for this. (Just my guess, could be wrong.) However, since this new Clix set is Rebirth themed, I知 almost sure they値l have him in there.
You'd hope so

I wanted to throw the design out if nothing else

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old November 17th, 2018, 11:32 PM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Any thoughts on the design tho?

Old November 17th, 2018, 11:59 PM

NAME = BATMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = THE RED DEATH

SPECIES = NIGHTMARE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PSYCHOPATH
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 12
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

SUPERSPEED

Batman may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Batman, if he did not use his Chronal Infection special power , he may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

CHRONAL INFECTION

Instead of attacking, you may choose one figure the Red Death moved through this turn. Roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 4 if it is a Unique Hero. On a 15 or higher, destroy that figure.

FIGHTING FOR CONTROL

At the start of Batman's turn, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 2 or lower, Batman may not move, attack, or use special powers for the remainder of the turn.

SPEED DODGE 4

When Batman defends against an attack, and you roll at least one blank, Batman takes no damage and may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

Old November 18th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Quote:
I don稚 think the DC Universe Mini will work for this. (Just my guess, could be wrong.) However, since this new Clix set is Rebirth themed, I知 almost sure they値l have him in there.
You'd hope so

I feel confident that the Dark Knights will be in, but as chases (which are super rare and expensive).

Heroclix almost always makes the chases alternate versions of classic characters; the chase themes from the last four DC sets have been Superfriends, JL as gods from Darkseid War, Bizarro JL, and Dark Knight Returns characters. Plus WizKids loves Batman, for good reason: Batman moves minis. Hard not to see the Dark Knights as the low-hanging fruit for Rebirth chases.

I think there's some hope of getting The Batman Who Laughs in non-chase form (eventually in a later set if not the Rebirth set), since he seems to be sticking around. I'm betting most of the others will be relegated to chase rarity, though.

Should that be the case, I wouldn't want to implement The Batman Who Laughs as being dependent on the others. Don't want to have to make a >$200 commitment in order to be able to use him.

More thoughts on the actual designs later, but I wanted to bring that up. It's just educated guesswork on my part, but it's something to keep in mind.
Old November 18th, 2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You'd hope so

I feel confident that the Dark Knights will be in, but as chases (which are super rare and expensive).

Heroclix almost always makes the chases alternate versions of classic characters; the chase themes from the last four DC sets have been Superfriends, JL as gods from Darkseid War, Bizarro JL, and Dark Knight Returns characters. Plus WizKids loves Batman, for good reason: Batman moves minis. Hard not to see the Dark Knights as the low-hanging fruit for Rebirth chases.

I think there's some hope of getting The Batman Who Laughs in non-chase form (eventually in a later set if not the Rebirth set), since he seems to be sticking around. I'm betting most of the others will be relegated to chase rarity, though.

Should that be the case, I wouldn't want to implement The Batman Who Laughs as being dependent on the others. Don't want to have to make a >$200 commitment in order to be able to use him.

More thoughts on the actual designs later, but I wanted to bring that up. It's just educated guesswork on my part, but it's something to keep in mind.

To be fair, he's hardly dependent on them- he just grants an extra move for them. His other three powers would make him a pretty hard to kill dude in his own right.

Old November 18th, 2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You'd hope so

Also does that mean I can't make the Darkseid War JL God designs I wanted to make?

Old November 18th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I do like the Knightmare turn here, because it reflects the event very well (and as an Event Hero that's kind of good to have ). But... I don't think it would hurt to cut it, if only because I think TBWL is going to be a pretty recurring character going forward and the rest of the evil Batman aren't. So he's going to be acting independently in the future.

Also, I'm a bit rusty. The "Crow...bar" attack is essentially siccing the Robins on the enemy, right? Not sure if the Robins really warrant their own design... that's a tough one.

For the Solution power, I'd honestly boost it a bit. Start with three markers, you may place one after attacking a figure, and if there's a marker on there, you can roll the d20 to negate a power. He's an Event Hero and warrants the extra power, particularly on rolling a 20, and anything that requires you to attack a figure three times and THEN roll well on the d20 is gonna be too hard to see in a usual game.

AND... I really like the Nth Metal callout but I'd also tag some sort of "equipped with the Nth Metal Batarang glyph" or something, too, because it only makes sense to have one for Batman eventually.
Old November 18th, 2018, 01:44 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
To be fair, he's hardly dependent on them- he just grants an extra move for them. His other three powers would make him a pretty hard to kill dude in his own right.
Army-building wise, though, are you ever gonna wanna take the current version without other Dark Knights?

Quote:
Also does that mean I can't make the Darkseid War JL God designs I wanted to make?
No. Most of us just tend to steer away from using super-expensive minis because we don't want to drain our own wallets.

I've used at least one pretty expensive mini for one of my own designs (Red Lantern Supergirl).

My general guidelines for expensive minis are:
1) It's generally deemed more allowable for Event Heroes and suchlike
2) Don't count on anyone else to get mini photos for you
3) Keep the expense in mind when designing the unit

In keeping with point 3, my suggestion for the Darkseid War JL would just be to let them work well as stand-alone designs, or designs with synergy that's more easily attainable. Make sure each design works in some context other than "Other Darkseid War JL figures". (I haven't read the story and don't know whether or not that would be a design concern anyway)

If I just splurge on one of those figures, I'd like to be able to actually use it without having to wait to be able to afford all the rest, y'know?
Old November 18th, 2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Army-building wise, though, are you ever gonna wanna take the current version without other Dark Knights?

He's a Tormentor, so you could place him as part of a Horror army if nothing else.

I'll consider altering the rules once we've confirmed how pricey Dark Knights figures'll be, but for the moment I'd like to leave him as is.

Old November 18th, 2018, 02:03 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
I'll consider altering the rules once we've confirmed how pricey Dark Knights figures'll be, but for the moment I'd like to leave him as is.
That's totally fair. I just wanted to advise you that 'super expensive figures' is a possibility you might want to watch out for.
Old November 18th, 2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
That's totally fair. I just wanted to advise you that 'super expensive figures' is a possibility you might want to watch out for.

Yeah, understandable

Curse the shackles of figure availability

Old November 18th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Would it make more sense to have Barbatos be the one who really ties them together as a faction? From my understanding, he was the real leader behind the Dark Knights, with Chuckles as his sub-commander. Kind of a Prof X/Cyclops dynamic. Am I wrong in that?

I think their species should be either Human or whatever it actually is (Cyborg, Metahuman, etc), instead of Nightmare. You know more than me, but I thought they were all just Batmen modified in some way, not some sort of non-human entities. I think tying them together by class would make way more sense. I also think their Secret Identities should be Bruce Wayne, except for the one that should be Bryce Wayne.

Speaking of which, has a discussion ever been had about how gender-swapped characters would work in-game? Bryce is a female version of Batman. It would be really weird to me if the Dark Knights named Bruce couldn't work with regular Batman, but the female one could, just because of a technicality.

I think it would be cool to have the crazy Robins as a Unique Squad that tied closely into BwL. The Dark Knights, the Robins, and Barbatos could make a really cool high-cost faction.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy