Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 20th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
If Looks Could Kill... 10th & Wolves

I've been excited about various units before...

I've been impressed with the looks, poses, and designs of various units before...

But I've never been so IN AWE of the deadly beauty of an expansion combo as I am of the 10th Regiment and Wolves.

The pictures online simply don't do them justice! I just opened my newly purchased wave 8 and sit here amazed. The 10th Foot were wonderfully done, with great detail and inspiring poses that just demand respect on the field of battle!! I can't wait to behold a dozen or more of these guys in formation in the field, fighting for the glory of the king and queen!

And the Wolves simply look MENACING!! Menacing is truly the best word to use. They look like something to be feared. They're low to the ground, rippling with muscles, and blend with the shadows... And I must say, the paint job I see for their razor sharp teeth blow my mind. Each individual tooth stands out in stark contast to the dark abyss in it's death-filled maw...

There's so much to be excited about in wave 8. New powers, new combos, renewed interest in previous releases... but what's captivated me is the aesthetic component. Kato is amazing. Ulginesh is iconic. Sir Dupois is a freeze-frame of fury... but the 10th and Wolves, in my humble opinion, stand forth as the new benchmarck for WotC to continue to aim for.

Bravo!! Encore! Encore!!

OK, I'm done. Just had to give acolades to the designers, where acolades were so richly deserved.

SW8K.... eagerly awaiting "gameday" Sunday to take wave 8 for a spin...

Carry on...

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old June 20th, 2008, 11:27 PM

KevinWC Woo who?
Re: If Looks Could Kill... 10th & Wolves

Indeed the figures are marvelous. I only wished I had ordered doubles of the commons.

A KC Heroscaper who is Not in Kansas Anymore...
Old June 21st, 2008, 12:18 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Kato Katsuro is definitely my new favorite sculpt. His armor is so detailed and his pose is so commanding. I'm almost tempted to mimic it as I send forth squads of Ashigaru, swarming the enemy with spears and bullets.
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:21 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000
The pictures online simply don't do them justice!
I sure hope so. The pictures I saw of all the new wave 8 units really dissapointed me. The figures looked like they were made of clay and kind of rough around the edges. But after reading your description, I'm excited to see how they look in person!
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:28 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Kato Katsuro is definitely my new favorite sculpt. His armor is so detailed and his pose is so commanding. I'm almost tempted to mimic it as I send forth squads of Ashigaru, swarming the enemy with spears and bullets.
I'm not a fan of samurai armor. It looks TOO detailed.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:30 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

Trust me. They're the best. And even though the british and wolves are awesome, (I just got mine today) Dupuis in my opinion, is by far the best sulpt in the game.
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:46 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar Gen. View Post
Trust me. They're the best. And even though the british and wolves are awesome, (I just got mine today) Dupuis in my opinion, is by far the best sulpt in the game.
Wow, now I'm psyched to see him when my shipment comes in. He's possibly the figure I'm most excited for, so I'm glad to hear his "sulpt" is so impressive.

Now then, aren't you more impressed with Gurei-Oni's sculpt? I've only seen Truth's photos after the first shipments arrived, but he went to the top of my Great Sculpts list very quickly. I love the cape and the polearms strapped to his back. I guess I'm a sucker for the detailed sculpts. I love Kato's look, too.
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:56 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I've been looking forward to Gurei-Oni since before I saw that pic... but man, that sculpt looks like icing on the cake. In fact, it's like another cake on top of the cake, making a super cake!

...me wantee order. Me wantee monies.
Old June 21st, 2008, 09:03 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Man Am I glad I ordered 3 10th & wolves! I got mine a yesterday, and you are right! Totally awesome! Only criticisms- Wolves are a little too purplish, but too awesome to care!! 10th are torture to get out of the pack!!!

Oh, and Guri-Oni is sweet looking (though mine has a little too dark wash) Zelrig is just awesome, truth's pic does him 0 justice, and Sujoah is awesome!

~EP, eager to get the rest of the wave.
Old June 21st, 2008, 09:08 PM

Sk8erScaper Woo who?

Quit bein too picky. You asked for new figures. Now you have 'em. We're all winners!

Originally Posted by truth
I AM Heroscape!!!

Pleeeeeeease Pm me if you got an extra Skahan.
Old June 21st, 2008, 11:38 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's Puppy
Oh, and Guri-Oni is sweet looking (though mine has a little too dark wash) Zelrig is just awesome, truth's pic does him 0 justice, and Sujoah is awesome!
Gurei-Oni is the one figure in the large heroes pack that I think looks pretty dumb. What makes me say that is his eye. Just looks sort of "cartoony". Also, Sujoahs wings could have been done a bit better but, aside from that he looks really cool(bizarre, but cool). Everyone else looks beautiful as far as I can tell(I don't actually have any wave 8 packs and am just making these judgements based off photos so you might think I'm abitfor saying a figure looks dumb without actually seeing it). Zetacron will go through the standard procedure though of getting his blue parts painted black. I did this to the Omnicron Snipers and they look wicked awesome!
Old June 21st, 2008, 11:57 PM

Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker

Gurei-Oni is the winner of the release for me on the looks department followed closely by Sujoah. I just love how her wings shimmer!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units