Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

View Poll Results: On a scale of 1-10, how is my army?
1 (Poor) 2 28.57%
2 0 0%
3 2 28.57%
4 0 0%
5 1 14.29%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 1 14.29%
9 0 0%
10 (Excellent) 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old August 10th, 2008, 01:53 AM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart
Wink My Nazi-American Army

Don't yell at me for the title, it's because it involves red skull (In the comics he was Hitler's right hand man) and Captain America. My army is:

1x Red Skull
1x DW9000
1x Zettian Guards (They're never used enough!)
1x Captain America
1x 4th Mass. Line
1x Raelin RotV
1x Finn the Viking Champion

As you can tell my army is themed. It's supposed to be red skull and his german war machines, and the American team, mainly because of the 4th Mass and Captain America. My Idea was to send in my nazi's first, keeping the zettians close to DW9000 for the range enhancement (and since this is being played on the Genotech Battlefield in the marvel rulebook, they would have a view of almost anywhere. Red skull can help me coordinate attacks with the DW9000 and keep the opponent guessing, with his master manipulator ability. I could also slowly move Capn' America up (When my enemy was expecting either red skull or DW9000) so I could flank them. I would keep Raelin close the the 4th Mass, so they would have good defence, and the Capn' close to the 4th mass, to increase attack and defence too. I'd use Finn as a suicide bomber, so His spirirt armor could be used on either the zettians or 4th mass, depending on the situation and locations.
I don't intend on changing my army, just tell me what you think of it, and what it's weaknesses it may have, I like to play them out with the weaknesses in mind to see if it's a competitive army or not, and to see if I can hide the weaknesses. Theres a 1-10 poll too so please rate, and be honest, if it sucks, I'm cool with it.

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Old August 10th, 2008, 03:06 AM

Sphere knows what's in an order marker Sphere knows what's in an order marker
Re: My Nazi-American Army

Even with the explanation, the title makes me very uncomfortable. Too much so to take part, I'm afraid.
Old August 10th, 2008, 07:07 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHRULER View Post
Don't yell at me for the title, it's because it involves red skull (In the comics he was Hitler's right hand man) and Captain America. My army is:

1x Red Skull
1x DW9000
1x Zettian Guards (They're never used enough!)
1x Captain America
1x 4th Mass. Line
1x Raelin RotV
1x Finn the Viking Champion

As you can tell my army is themed. It's supposed to be red skull and his german war machines, and the American team, mainly because of the 4th Mass and Captain America. My Idea was to send in my nazi's first, keeping the zettians close to DW9000 for the range enhancement (and since this is being played on the Genotech Battlefield in the marvel rulebook, they would have a view of almost anywhere. Red skull can help me coordinate attacks with the DW9000 and keep the opponent guessing, with his master manipulator ability. I could also slowly move Capn' America up (When my enemy was expecting either red skull or DW9000) so I could flank them. I would keep Raelin close the the 4th Mass, so they would have good defence, and the Capn' close to the 4th mass, to increase attack and defence too. I'd use Finn as a suicide bomber, so His spirirt armor could be used on either the zettians or 4th mass, depending on the situation and locations.
I don't intend on changing my army, just tell me what you think of it, and what it's weaknesses it may have, I like to play them out with the weaknesses in mind to see if it's a competitive army or not, and to see if I can hide the weaknesses. Theres a 1-10 poll too so please rate, and be honest, if it sucks, I'm cool with it.
1.) Could you of named this thread something else? I understand you're going with a good & evil theme, but does it REALLY have to be named "My Nazi-American Army"? Before entering this thread, I honestly thought it was created by a Neo-Nazi.

2.) You're probably going to face an opponent who's going to pick Marvel units, becuase you have some Marvel yourself. The puny attacks of the Zettians is a waste.

3.) The Deathwalkers always seem to have a glassjaw. Going up against the Hulk isn't going to help that.

4.) Suiciding Finn is a waste. A good rule of thumb is to draft him for the bonding, the spirit is secondary. However, suiciding Eldgrim is okay becuase he's only 30 points and won't kill anything anyways.

5.) Only 1 squad of 4th Mass? I can understand wanting to collect everything first, but can't you at LEAST proxy in a few more squad(s)?!

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old August 10th, 2008, 08:14 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

It's kind of hard to rate your army, since I've never heard of a "metagame" where you play with 2 Marvel figures and a total of over 500 points.

You probably should change the name...

Like what Para said, against other Marvel figures, like Hulk and Venom this army won't do well with just 1 squad of 4th Mass. The Zettians fail a lot with only 2 members.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old August 10th, 2008, 11:32 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I gave it a three...and I think I was being pretty generous. I'm going to ignore whatever metagame or potential opponents you might be up against and just discuss the army as you've listed it:

1) As was already mentioned, only one card of any common squad is going to be sub-par. That's just the inherent mechanics of common squads in general. Nine times out of ten, they aren't worth their points if you've only got one card. 4th Mass, especially, needs to have multiple cards because of the Wait Then Fire ability. Either rearrange the army to get more of them, or get rid of them altogether.

2) Red Skull can be a very powerful unit essentially allowing you to play without OM's, but Captain America is the only strong offensive hero in your army. Without more Unique Heroes I don't think he'll be utilized very well. Speaking of which...

3) You mention that you'll use Captain America to boost your one squad of 4th Mass... Umm...No. No, that's a bad strategy. At 220 points, he's too powerful a Hero to be put on babysitting duty.

4) Zettians + Eldgrim is still cumbersome. If you want them to move 5, then put Warden 816 in your army instead. At least then you'll have another viable Hero figure instead of having to destroy Eldgrim to get the spirit.

5) As to your theme...I don't get it. If these are opposing factions, why are they in the same army? Thematically it's weird. Also, if you want to have an "American" aspect, why not pick some of the great American soldier units? Either Drake or the Airborne Elite are terrific cards, and would bring a lot to this army.

6) Finally, on the name... I'm having a really hard time believing that this wasn't designed to be inflammatory. You go so far as to say in your post "Don't get angry at me". So, my question is this: If you know you're about to post something that is likely to get people worked up, then why do it? It shows not only poor judgment in general, but a specific and deliberate disregard for what you clearly know is the better decision. I suggest, as others have, that you change the name of the army.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion