Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old August 18th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape Dungeons and Dragons!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids View Post
Quote:
Speculation, beyond what you already know about next year and after, is just wasted energy.

Instead of "Your source for all things 'Scape!," I think this quote should go under the Heroscapers.com header.
Then what the heck would we spend all our time talking about?

*shuffles off back to the custom forums ...*
Talk about whatever you want. I'm just saying that speculation about known releases is one thing but specualting about other releases may just be empty speculation. Which is fine too.
It's not just fine, it's pretty much a tradition around here. But my shuffling was more that I've said my peace on the issue for now than anything.
This set looks OK, but it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for and it makes me worry that we might not see more original flavor Scape anytime soon, if at all. And that's something I want.
But, I'm just rehashing things I've said many times before, which is why ...

*shuffles back to custom forums*

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 18th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Speculation, beyond what you already know about next year and after, is just wasted energy.

Instead of "Your source for all things 'Scape!," I think this quote should go under the Heroscapers.com header.

Talk about whatever you want. I'm just saying that speculation about known releases is one thing but specualting about other releases may just be empty speculation. Which is fine too.
It's not just fine, it's pretty much a tradition around here. But my shuffling was more that I've said my peace on the issue for now than anything.
This set looks OK, but it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for and it makes me worry that we might not see more original flavor Scape anytime soon, if at all. And that's something I want.

Just to crank it up further, it's not just fine it's potentially a lot more productive. Speculation about existing figures that we don't know the details about won't change anything; discussion of stuff that is not set in stone could potentially alter what happens in the future.

I hope we get more figures from the non-DnD heroscape universe in the future.
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Don't get me wrong. I realize that uncertainty makes folks uncomfortable. I am used to it, or immune to it or something because I really am not emotionally invested in the sense that I don't really care if Heroscape stops being released or if there is nothing but D&D for a while. The only thing I care about in all this is that the core gameplay is protected. If that happens that everything else is gravy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just to crank it up further, it's not just fine it's potentially a lot more productive. Speculation about existing figures that we don't know the details about won't change anything; discussion of stuff that is not set in stone could potentially alter what happens in the future.

I'm not convinced of this. There was never this huge outcry of folks begging for a D&D expansion, and yet it came. There was no huge outcry of folks begging for re-used sculps..and yet it came.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not convinced of this. There was never this huge outcry of folks begging for a D&D expansion, and yet it came. There was no huge outcry of folks begging for re-used sculps..and yet it came.
Keep talking we're not listening and will do what we want. Thanks WoTC.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. I realize that uncertainty makes folks uncomfortable. I am used to it, or immune to it or something because I really am not emotionally invested in the sense that I don't really care if Heroscape stops being released or if there is nothing but D&D for a while. The only thing I care about in all this is that the core gameplay is protected. If that happens that everything else is gravy.

So read this statement, and read it again.

DnD scape was brought to us buy the people that LOVE scape. Really? I'm not so convinced.
Now my confidence is even lower.

Sorry if this ends up a double post.

Old August 18th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

[quote=clancampbell;899486]
Quote:
Quote:

There's alot behind this statement. Read it at least 5 times.
So DnD scape is brought to us buy the people that love scape, read the above statement one more time, and convince yourself that its true.

Quote:

Keep talking we're not listening and will do what we want. Thanks WoTC.
That would be a wrong assumption as well. You are making it sound like WOTC is some headstrong child. In reality, they would probably love to do everything to make everyone happy, but alas they do what they do and what they are known for, nurturing business relations they have had for years and attempting to grow their brand. It is neither cold nor calculted to delight or disappoint. It is just an avenue of exploration with the time and resources available.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:

So read this statement, and read it again.

DnD scape was brought to us buy the people that LOVE scape. Really? I'm not so convinced.
Now my confidence is even lower.

Sorry if this ends up a double post.
Well there is a long time between now and February. Your confidence is likely to wax and wane many times between now and then. What else would you have me say? That I have a crystal ball and can see the future?

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

That would be a wrong assumption as well. You are making it sound like WOTC is some headstrong child. In reality, they would probably love to do everything to make everyone happy, but alas they do what they do and what they are known for, nurturing business relations they have had for years and attempting to grow their brand. It is neither cold nor calculted to delight or disappoint. It is just an avenue of exploration with the time and resources available.[/quote]

Fair enough. However how is that supposed to be taken. Maybe I'm jaded, but I see that as DnD is what we love and you'll love it too or you'll get nothing.
I could be wrong but this futhers the "myth"?? that Wotc loves DnD and Magic to the expense of all others.

Old August 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:

Fair enough. However how is that supposed to be taken. Maybe I'm jaded, but I see that as DnD is what we love and you'll love it too or you'll get nothing.
I could be wrong but this futhers the "myth"?? that Wotc loves DnD and Magic to the expense of all others.
Why are you drawing any conclusion at all is what I am asking? The only thing I see from any of this is that there will be three D&D themed releases next year. Beyond that, is is all a huge unknown.

EDIT: My rational side tells me that this is an attempt to carry the product more successfully in both FLGS and Big Box. Just a hunch. Hasbro never really was able to get into FLGS. If the game can be available in both then I see that as a win for everyone.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Quote:
Quote:

Why are you drawing any conclusion at all is what I am asking? The only thing I see from any of this is that there will be three D&D themed releases next year. Beyond that, is is all a huge unknown.

Your right, it is unknown. However, I'll probably get good odds in vegas that DnD scape is all we'll ever see again though. I'll leave our conversation at that.

Old August 18th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Your right, it is unknown. However, I'll probably get good odds in vegas that DnD scape is all we'll ever see again though. I'll leave our conversation at that.
I would bet against you on that. But I am of the belief that Heroscape has reached classic status and that it will be recirculated many times throughout our lives.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 18th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would bet against you on that. But I am of the belief that Heroscape has reached classic status and that it will be recirculated many times throughout our lives.
Re-issues yes, I agree. I'm talking about new "original flavor" scape. Kyries, Marro, Agents, soulborgs, things like that.

As to getting to big box again so FLGS' and big box can share the wealth. Hasbro couldn't get the game into FLGS' because Wal-mart has much more buying power.
The owner of my FLGS, whom I have a good relationship with, told me he couldn't carry scape in the past because Wal-mart sold it much cheaper than he could.
I appluad WoTC's efforts to make this more FLGS friendly. However, I fear that if it goes back to big box en mass again, FLGS' would run into the same problem all over. Why would people buy scape at their FLGS when they can ride to the big box down the street and get it for 3 to 4 bucks cheaper per pack.
Maybe an across the board price for everyone, but volume discounts still exsist and FLGS can't buy as much as big box.
Big box is driving all the little people out in this manner, not just relavant to scape, but to everyone.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News