Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 22nd, 2022, 02:54 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
I understand this reasoning but unless every future release is a $250 or more mega master set, this isn’t really a true test of current or future interest in the product.
Not at all. Once they have the first release, they will have a much better idea on market. They will be able to sell the whole initial set in smaller pieces. They will be able to sell terrain sets. They will be able to pay for the production for common sets which will have potential to give higher margins.
They’ll only have an idea of how many $250 sets they sold in 45 days. No information on future interest other than x number of people probably won’t be buying any more of these 5 factions.

Why not expand the offerings now and take in more money from more people? They would have a much better idea of how much to produce going forward if they allowed more options now.

That’s the not taking the money from us idea. And it only seems to make sense if they want to increase the initial print run size to help bring down cost. Sell as much to as many as possible. The one size fits most approach has sold 2700 copies and seems to be piddling out.
Old October 22nd, 2022, 03:28 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I’m curious what folks would be expecting in a potential smaller offering. I’m not saying there’s shouldn’t be one, but from everything I’ve either watched or read from AH, it doesn’t sound like we’d be happy with that either. I hear $100 or $125 levels being thrown around. What would that look like? To me sounds like it might be a couple squads and maybe 2 heroes and barely enough terrain to set anything up. I don’t base that on any knowledge I have on the inner workings, but I’m not convinced there would be enough to get the ‘Scape experience.’

If we’re talking figures only or terrain only levels, that’s great for existing players or fans of other games that want the terrain. But they’re trying to launch a full product, giving it out in halves, I’m not sure does that.

-insert signature here-
Old October 22nd, 2022, 05:59 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I’m curious what folks would be expecting in a potential smaller offering. I’m not saying there’s shouldn’t be one, but from everything I’ve either watched or read from AH, it doesn’t sound like we’d be happy with that either. I hear $100 or $125 levels being thrown around. What would that look like? To me sounds like it might be a couple squads and maybe 2 heroes and barely enough terrain to set anything up. I don’t base that on any knowledge I have on the inner workings, but I’m not convinced there would be enough to get the ‘Scape experience.’

If we’re talking figures only or terrain only levels, that’s great for existing players or fans of other games that want the terrain. But they’re trying to launch a full product, giving it out in halves, I’m not sure does that.
Right. Launching a game period without all the materials and content you need to play it out of the box is a great way to ensure you survive long enough to release more stuff.
Old October 22nd, 2022, 06:10 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

2 mil is a lot to ask for a game that’s been dead for 12 years. if the campaign even makes it to half its backer total i’d call that a success for a product with such a premium cost. I do think hasbro could make this IP profitable but I think they shot themselves in the foot if they thinking 8000 people would randomly pick up a $250 game they never heard of before. I wonder what they’ll do if this doesn’t make it to market though, the Haslab has shared so much info already.
Old October 22nd, 2022, 06:11 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

They’re offering 46 army cards and a master set of terrain along with a jungle pack and what amounts to a castle pack. So in my mind, significantly less than that at a moderately less price. Say enough units to build two 400 point armies (that could be as little as 10 of the 46 available units) and enough terrain to build a playable game (leave out the jungle and the ruins/castle).

This also showcases what a value the $250 set is, but it gives those who don’t want to jump into the deep end a starting point and births a future customer who if they’re like us, is going to want it all later.
Old October 22nd, 2022, 06:17 PM

CapAp knows what's in an order marker CapAp knows what's in an order marker CapAp knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
For me it would have been a terrain-only pack. I’m not interested in the new figures, but I would have pledged up to $100 for just terrain. I’m genuinely shocked such an option wasn’t offered.
Old October 22nd, 2022, 11:51 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I never owned the D&D master set. How playable was that on its own? I believe that had 10 miniatures and very limited terrain included.
The second master set was certainly enjoyable on its own. With 24 figures and enough terrain for various campaign maps, there was a lot of fun to be had. It does make me wonder how something that size would be priced as as lower tier.
Again, I acknowledge that the lower tier most likely will not happen - just adding to the discussion.
Old October 23rd, 2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
I never owned the D&D master set. How playable was that on its own? I believe that had 10 miniatures and very limited terrain included.
The second master set was certainly enjoyable on its own. With 24 figures and enough terrain for various campaign maps, there was a lot of fun to be had. It does make me wonder how something that size would be priced as as lower tier.
Again, I acknowledge that the lower tier most likely will not happen - just adding to the discussion.
It was playable because it included scenarios that told a continuing story through 4 chapters, entering the underdark, rescuing your wizard companion, fighting some drow, and ending with a young dragon boss battle.

Definitely different than the first two sets in how it played as a stand alone set, but different theme and by the time it released most were probably not being introduced to the game with that set unless they were coming in as big D&D / WotC fans.
Old October 23rd, 2022, 08:44 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Some of us bought multiple sets, so we could set up all the rooms at once on the table, and move smoothly between them without any set up or tear down. They also posted a bunch of official extra DND scenarios here onsite.

While some Scapers didn't like DnD for many reasons, most of us just enjoyed, eventually mixing it with the earlier Scape. The DnD figures show up quite regularly in our games now! If AOA funds, I expect the same thing to happen with it.

Last edited by chas; October 23rd, 2022 at 10:06 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2022, 09:07 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I liked D&D. More Hero focused. Treasure glyphs were fun.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 23rd, 2022, 09:23 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Uncommon Heroes and Shadow Tiles were both great additions to the game.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 23rd, 2022, 12:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

In addition to what the last 3 posts stated, I also liked the rock outcrops & Dungeon Tiles. Even though we technically already had the Rock Outcrops via the Tundra set, it was new to me as I believe I didn't buy my first TT set until after I had the D&D set. THen I still use the Dungeon Tiles with the Marvel Set to make more urban looking maps. So the D&D set on it's own was a fine addition to the game. It was the D&D only expansions/boosters that grew stale. Mixing D&D monsters & character boosters in with historical/sci-fi/modern unit boosters would have kept the game going longer IMO. I know some people stopped buying boosters once it went all fantasy all the time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion