Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 14th, 2022, 01:28 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think an overlooked part of why a lower buy-in is so useful in a campaign is that so often you can get people to do the initial buy-in as an impulse buy and then a lot of them will convert to the higher amount over time by spending more time around the campaign, whereas if the initial buy-in feels too high, they'll have more of an ability to just walk away.
Definitely. I bet there's a number of people on this site that have Heroscape collections worth upwards of $5,000. They got there one wave or a few expansion packs at a time.

Expandable games like this will creep up on you financially way more than the typical board game which has 0-2 expansions available. I call them "lifestyle games".

That's got to be the ultimate goal of a relaunch of Heroscape to tap into the longer term potential and not just profits from a campaign like this. I'd be surprised if they didn't adjust the rules of the campaign some if it looked close in the final week or so.
Old October 14th, 2022, 01:57 PM

randum is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
Yes lots of extra figures but there will probably be a good secondary market for them, I assume anyway.
Seems like a good opportunity for people to discuss splitting pledges to get exactly what they want/need for a price that’s more budget friendly.

As an example, I could care less about the hex terrain. I have enough to build a summer home on lake Texoma. All I really want are 2 of the factions, and some walls.

There doesn’t seem to be much incentive for people with a ton of terrain to purchase more than 1 set.

I may be willing to split some costs to get only the terrain, because I have none since I gave my whole collection to a friend a long time ago.
Old October 14th, 2022, 02:25 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by randum View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yes lots of extra figures but there will probably be a good secondary market for them, I assume anyway.
Seems like a good opportunity for people to discuss splitting pledges to get exactly what they want/need for a price that’s more budget friendly.

As an example, I could care less about the hex terrain. I have enough to build a summer home on lake Texoma. All I really want are 2 of the factions, and some walls.

There doesn’t seem to be much incentive for people with a ton of terrain to purchase more than 1 set.

I may be willing to split some costs to get only the terrain, because I have none since I gave my whole collection to a friend a long time ago.
See this is more of what we need. All of the people who aren’t backing it because they don’t want all of it, could band together and get the portions they want or need, and split the price burden.

I’m interested, but I do want walls if I can get them from somebody who doesn’t want them.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 14th, 2022, 02:44 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, if there happens to be someone who doesn’t need anymore jungle pieces i’d be very interested in helping split the costs
Old October 14th, 2022, 02:56 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by randum View Post
Quote:
Quote:

See this is more of what we need. All of the people who aren’t backing it because they don’t want all of it, could band together and get the portions they want or need, and split the price burden.

I’m interested, but I do want walls if I can get them from somebody who doesn’t want them.
https://ibb.co/9rM3nFC

Don't know how many people on the Facebook page signed up for this. It was pretty buried and I barely remembered it after you guys staying taking about this idea. Might be easier to get him to post the links here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1901...35144/?app=fbl

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...a09Hl9G1FLHYpk

Upset City Baby.
Old October 14th, 2022, 03:20 PM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think an overlooked part of why a lower buy-in is so useful in a campaign is that so often you can get people to do the initial buy-in as an impulse buy and then a lot of them will convert to the higher amount over time by spending more time around the campaign, whereas if the initial buy-in feels too high, they'll have more of an ability to just walk away.
Exactly! This! I've never been part of a kickstarter, but I was surprised when they offered only the one huge chunk of product. Thought going by tiers was a given. Having different offerings would maybe encourage some (like myself) to purchase more of certain offerings, and thereby show AH which are more popular.

I don't even have all of the original Heroscape (everything minus some of Zanafor's and, of course, freakin' Aquillia's Alliance), but I backed more sets in hoping to help Heroscape come back. I don't collect/play other miniature games (besides X-wing and Armada) and Heroscape holds a special place in my kid heart.
Old October 14th, 2022, 03:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

With the mini picture/painting guide on the reverse (basic) side, this seems much better than what was first shown to us.
Old October 14th, 2022, 03:43 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

1. You can't be a Captain and a First Officer--it makes no sense.

2. Better symbols, but the Movement one still throws me. How about a Foot?

3. The Point symbol means nothing to me. Bubbles? Coins? (Neither of which are used in the game).

4. Swashbuckler wording: must the second attack go on the same figure as the first? (If not, change "an" to any adjacent figure). If yes, change to that adjacent figure.
Old October 14th, 2022, 03:46 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

2. Better symbols, but the Movement one still throws me.

3. The Point symbol means nothing to me. Bubbles? Coins?
Totally agree with your first point.

Also, is this our first look at the new Utgar symbol? Am I the only one that sees a bird head when I look at it?
Old October 14th, 2022, 03:53 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Also, is this our first look at the new Utgar symbol? Am I the only one that sees a bird head when I look at it?
Well it’s all I see now.
Old October 14th, 2022, 03:58 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post

With the mini picture/painting guide on the reverse (basic) side, this seems much better than what was first shown to us.

YES, I really like this. Moving the picture to the other side allows them to have more space on the advanced side for text, while also retaining the classic card shape.

I hope they continue with this design

Edit: Based on discord it appears a picture will be included; I hope it's fairly small so that the extra space for elaborating on abilities can be retained
Old October 14th, 2022, 04:08 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

2. Better symbols, but the Movement one still throws me. How about a Foot?

3. The Point symbol means nothing to me. Bubbles? Coins? (Neither of which are used in the game).

4. Swashbuckler wording: must the second attack go on the same figure as the first? (If not, change "an" to any adjacent figure). If yes, change to that adjacent figure.
1. If the person running the ship is an Admiral you can...waste of talent but feasible.

2. 'Tis a weak symbol but a foot would mean less to me.

3. Why even have a symbol for points? Just a number would be fine.

4. I think that's readable enough...you can attack the same figure but only if that figure is adjacent. Wording can always be improved.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 14th, 2022 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Bit of a stretch for number 1 I will admit...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion