Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 25th, 2018, 05:51 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Pirates 'Scape

I went all in on the second tide kickstarter. That was after I bought all of season 1 at retail. Each base crew is 35 figures. 24 deckhands 6 bosuns and 5 heroes. I easily have over 400 pirates. Ive been wanting to totally make scape cards for them. The second tide cards even have abilities names and all that can just be converted over. There isnt any defence in that game though. Im also going to use them for frostgrave ghost archipelago. Ill post some pics soon.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 26th, 2018, 01:16 AM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I went all in on the second tide kickstarter. That was after I bought all of season 1 at retail. Each base crew is 35 figures. 24 deckhands 6 bosuns and 5 heroes. I easily have over 400 pirates. Ive been wanting to totally make scape cards for them. The second tide cards even have abilities names and all that can just be converted over. There isnt any defence in that game though. Im also going to use them for frostgrave ghost archipelago. Ill post some pics soon.
Sounds really cool! I look forward to seeing the,!
Old March 2nd, 2018, 01:04 AM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for all the interest guys!

So here's an actual named character: the ones the Pirates screenwriters refer to as the "beacon of hope for humanity," Mr. Joshamee Gibbs.

It's hard to hate Gibbs. Gibbs appears in every movie, and never betrays anyone ever. He's the only guy you can really count on in a film series flooded with back-stabbery.

Now, perhaps it's odd that the first character I'm showing off is Gibbs of all people instead of... ya know... Jack.

I have a design and Army Card for Jack... but alas, the figure is in the mail still! Gibbs is a figure I already had... a Black Scorpion Pirate.

So here he is! Mr. Gibbs!

And here is the Army Card for Gibbs. His usefulness is as a First Mate to spur on your crew... and he does that very well!

So what do y'all think!?
Old March 2nd, 2018, 01:24 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The mini looks great and is spot on for gibbs. How Id do my pirate minis cards will be a touch different even though yours have a pirate feel to them. From an artists point of view the card template feels like multiple pieces thrown together. It doesnt flow too well. It would look super cool if it were framed in a bit better. I like where your going with this piratescape thing. Perhaps if you were to frame in the card with a rustic border, perhaps a rustic metal border. Totally keep the scroll. It rocks. Ive always been a fan of graphic art for the character, just something to frame it in. I like what youv'e done with the opacity overlay for the text abilities. Perhaps a lighter color with a rustic nautical theme like an old map. With my rum and bones games figures there are different factions. I will most likely be using their crew colors and symbols to represent on their cards. In addition to all crews there are also mercenary heroes that have the mercenary logo but fight with any crew. No doubt that capn jack, gibbs, and all these pirate heroes fight with different crews from time to time. Perhaps if I get a moment Ill post up what Im thinking in photoshop format. Love what your doing here.

Old March 2nd, 2018, 10:28 AM

Thanks a lot!
I can see how it's a bit of a jumble, but it's a thematic jumble XD. I might try a metallic border for kicks tho, seeing as there's a lot of cloth and paper textures on the card and not a lot of metal (printed out at a small scale like we have them tho at 4.66 inches, imperfections aren't too big a deal.)
As for factions, I personally am not adding markers and won't be as overt as Rum and Bones would likely be (seeing the very bright colors they're cast in.) The only difference on mine will be the Brown, which will shift to a Dark Blue for Barbossa's crew, Green for Davy Jones, etc. I look forwards to seeing what you come up with for the Rum and Bones faction crews!
Old March 2nd, 2018, 08:52 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Ooh, framing the card in pirate sabers would be cool.
Old March 4th, 2018, 12:38 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like what you have done here. You should check out the Jack Sparrow card we did in the Heroes of Fiction here https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...38&postcount=7 also check out my pirate custom hero. She would do well with your squad. She is in the Aquilla section of my classic customs.
Old March 4th, 2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
I like what you have done here. You should check out the Jack Sparrow card we did in the Heroes of Fiction here https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...38&postcount=7 also check out my pirate custom hero. She would do well with your squad. She is in the Aquilla section of my classic customs.
Thank you kindly JC! I've actually seen the HOF Jack! Mine bears some simmilarities to him, but functionally plays a very different role (so as to keep things interesting.) I'll look at your pirate hero shortly!
Old March 11th, 2018, 01:06 AM

So I've begun work on a rather ambitious terrain/character piece: The Black Pearl herself!

Not quite so refined as our old RockTroll's repainted MegaBloks, this monster is actually scratch built, using a template I found for a 6mm scale ship I blew up 250% (I can post it here if there is interest.) Thoughts?

I Hear there be one... nigh uncatchable...

Poor Mr. Cotton... Walkin' the plank, he is!

I used a Wonder Woman with a skirt sculpted on for the prow.

Weigh anchor, Bilge Rats!

Rear view of the old tub...

The deck!

A look from the upper deck

Penny for yo thoughts, gov?
Old March 11th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Freakin' awesome!!

Please post that file!

I have always had a soft spot for ship to ship battles.

"Lash 'em together men. We are taking them down with us."
Old March 12th, 2018, 11:09 PM

http://wargaming.info/wordpress/wp-c...icle_plans.pdf

here is the link to the template
Old March 12th, 2018, 11:23 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSFREAK View Post
So I've begun work on a rather ambitious terrain/character piece: The Black Pearl herself!

Not quite so refined as our old RockTroll's repainted MegaBloks, this monster is actually scratch built, using a template I found for a 6mm scale ship I blew up 250% (I can post it here if there is interest.) Thoughts?

I Hear there be one... nigh uncatchable...

Poor Mr. Cotton... Walkin' the plank, he is!

I used a Wonder Woman with a skirt sculpted on for the prow.

Weigh anchor, Bilge Rats!

Rear view of the old tub...

The deck!

A look from the upper deck

Penny for yo thoughts, gov?
Looks great. Ive seen some guys do the same type of thing for rum and bones. Ive only made up smaller boats for ghost archipelago.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards