Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 20th, 2016, 07:38 AM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart
Help me with a 3 x 500 Marro

Assuming I wanted to play a Marro themed event with 3 teams, figureheaded by the following "figureheads"

Su Bak Na

Tor Kul Na

Wo Sa Ga

I dont have multiples so much of the commons any more, but i can "quasi Proxy" ie use different marro units and pretend they are all dividers etc

what I actually have is

2 Marrden Nagrubs
2 Marro Drudge
2 Marro Hive
2 Marro Stingers
1 Marrden Hounds
1 Marro Dividers
1 Marro Drones
1 Marro Warriors
1 Me-Burq-Sa
1 Ne-Gok-Sa
1 Kee-Mo-Shi
1 Tul-Bak-Ra

I will use the hives as some kind of scenario based objective or spwan spot, and terrain, ie not specifically as its normal unit

If anyone has any ideas and has a few minutes to spare I'd be happy to see how you might divvy up into 3 (or 4) armies that could face off on a giant Hive laden swamp (at the same time, so no using the units in more than one of the armies for example)
Old September 20th, 2016, 08:13 AM

Re: Help me with a 3 x 500 Marro

I threw together a bunch

1 Su-Bak-Na
2 Marro Stingers
1 Kee-Mo-Shi
1 Marro Dividers
1 Marro Drones

1 Tor-Kul-Na
2 Marrden Nagrubs
1 Marrden Hounds
1 Ne-Gok-Sa
1 Marro Warriors

1 Wo-Sa-Ga
2 Marro Drudge
1 Me-Burq-Sa
1 Tul-Bak-Ra
1 Dund

realised I was short of a few Points so i threw Dund in since he had nowhere to go. This leaves 510, 510 and 525 Point armies, and at least all of them have something ranged as well as the big hitter.

Anything stand out as horrible?
Old September 20th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I'd say the second one looked quite a bit stronger.

You say you're happy to proxy---this will make for more fun armies, I think (the Drones, especially, are no fun without lots of them).

Su-Bak-Na: 170
Ne-Gok-Sa: 90
Drones x5: 250
Total: 510pts, 18 hexes.

Tor-Kul-Na: 220
Nagrubs x3: 90
Dividers x4: 200
Total: 510pts, 23 hexes.

Hounds x3: 270
Stingers x4: 240
Total: 510pts, 30 hexes.

I figure the last makes up for the lack of a focal hero in sheer numbers and sprawliness (and that you're not worrying about a 24 hex limit).

The downside here is that some fun units don't hit the board and maybe seeing them all in action is one of the aims?
Old September 20th, 2016, 11:25 AM

Thanks for the input anyway. Yeah I've no problem pretending different Units are all dividers / drones etc but it would be bad if wo Sa ga wasn't involved at least and preferably some of the other unique heroes. Also smaller hex coverage would be appreciated in terms of ease and speed of play, and then just making sure each army at least had a bit of a chance
Old September 20th, 2016, 11:28 AM

In the short term this will start to become a kind of adapted P500 with a set of separately bagged armies that aren't too huge but each feature a focal point big bad ass perhaps a sidekick or two and one or two squads each with 2 or 3 sets at most. Not tournament worthy but themed-ish, fun and not do unbalanced that it's boring i.e. Try to get s variety of unit types
Old September 23rd, 2016, 10:46 AM

Alright, I've boiled it down to this,

Army 1
Tor-Kul-Na
Marro Drudge
Marro Drudge
Marrden Hounds
Kee-Mo-Shi
(it boiled down to KMS or Tul Bak Ra to get the points spread as evenly as possible)

Army 2
Su-Bak-Na
Tul-Bak-Ra
Marro Stingers
Marro Stingers
Marro Dividers
Marro Drones
(this is the most flexible army since it can pretend to be any combination of Stingers, Dividers and Drones by proxy, ie I can pretend all 4 squads are Drones for example)

Army 3
Wo-Sa-Ga
Marrden Nagrubs
Marrden Nagrubs
Grok Riders
Ne-Gok-Sa
Me-Burq-Sa
Marro Warriors
I figured WSG was the weakest of the 3 "big guys" leading an army, so she needed the help of the grubs and has a wider array of helpers.

anything stand out as horrible? (should I swap KMS with TBR in those 2 armies?). This way I use all the stuff I own and make 3 unique armies out of it for a Marro smackdown this weekend or next

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion