Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 8th, 2013, 10:11 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played Alcatraz: The Scapegoat tonight. We all lost due to too many guards, although we messed a rule up.

Legendary was played. We fought Magneto with 5 X-Men heroes. We used the Marvel Civil War plot, where if the Hero Deck runs out, you lose, and each Scheme Twist KOs all 5 Heroes in the HQ. We had an empty Hero Deck and the last 3 cards in the HQ when we killed Magneto the fourth time.

King of Tokyo was played twice. We're loving this one a ton!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:31 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Played Seasons for the first time today over lunch. I like it, but I need a few more plays to form a better opinion.
IOW "Stephen kicked my butt."
You would think, since it was his job to take home, learn it, then teach it to me. The student, however, became the master.

We actually didn't get to finish, but I was up by 6 or 7 crystals and had decent prestige in my tableau cards in year 3 spring. It probably could have gone either way.
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Last night my 20 year-old daughter and I played Agents of SMERSH and defeated Dr. Lobo. She actually really liked the game, with the theme and story telling like encounters.

Today, I took her to visit my mom (65 years-old ) and my grandma (90 years-old) and played a couple games of Incan Gold (which I had just picked up from my friend's house on the way, since he had included it in an order for me) and 1 game of Love Letter.

After dinner, my twins wanted to game with their older sister and me, so we started with 1313 Dead End Drive, then played Hey That's My Fish and then finished with 3 games of Incan Gold.

My oldest goes back to Albany, NY tomorrow, so it was great having some fun gaming on her last couple days here.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:36 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Nice Hahma! Gotta love a family day of gaming.

-----

Busted out Gary Gouda last night, the one game my 4yr old got for Christmas. She's always wanting to get in on the games that I play with the two older kids, but she's too young to praticipate most of the time. So when this one came out she was in her glory. It's a neat memorization game where you're moving a mouse around an apartment all while collecting cheese tokens. But each token you pick up you place under the mouse making him 'fatter' and if you push it too far he won't be able to fit through the door openings in the apartment (a 4x4 labrynth-like set-up). If that happens you lose all the cheese you collected, but if you make it to your assigned end space you keep the cheese which is also your victory points. A kids game all the way (for ages 4+).

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; January 9th, 2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Last night we played Love Letter followed by Kill the Overlord. Didn't win either one, but had fun. Before those two games the four of us played several games of SpaceTeam on our Ipads. It's a humorous "Starship bridge simulation" game that has everyone yelling orders to each other while your ship falls apart around you.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played Legendary solo last night and lost to Loki using Hulk, Thor, and Spiderman as my heroes. Spidey didn't pull his weight. He was a mistake with high point card heroes.

On a related not, Legendary is on sale today at Coolstuff.
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Thought I'd pop in to mention that Miniature Market has a 50% off coupon code for Mayfair Games valid 1/9 through 1/16.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

As odd as it sounds, my parents, younger sisters, and I have been playing a few games of Poo for the last few days. It's a card game that's really simple and deals with a funny topic the little ones snicker at: monkeys flinging you-know-what at each other. Even better, I picked it up for $5 on sale at a local game store.
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

So, I didn't do a full 2012 game played thread like I had hoped to (or did last year)--life has just been far, far too busy--but I thought I'd still share what we played at the Mmirg household, for whatever good it may do anyone, in 2012.

This was a different year. From August to November all of our Scape was boxed up and inaccessible so we had a lot of months where Scape didn't reign supreme in our house. That was a new experience. Plus, we got a lot of excellent games and have begun to really find some real favorites, I think.

--

A few notes:

I'm going to put "small" games in italics, just because it isn't really the same thing to play Rat-a-Tat-Cat or Uno as it is to play Risk Legacy or Dungeon Command or Last Night on Earth. Basically, games in italics take under 15-20 minutes (often much less).

Also, a note, a few games (such as Dominion and Ticket to Ride) I have listed the total number of plays of the game under the base set (for T2R, that's Europe, for us), while I also list each individual set, because I'm tracking that, out of my own curiosity. So the other sets are in parentheses.

But most games, Heroscape, Carcassonne, Dungeon Command, etc. just have one entry and the various expansions are played and mixed in such that I don't keep track of which sets are seeing play. Just how I have done it.

So when it says we've played 1337 games this last year, that number is a bit high, since Dominion's 39 games are being counted twice. But, then again, I know there are more than a few times where I forgot to mark a game we played, as well--and I know there are games, like Mice and Mystics, that is just plain wrong since something went wonky when I was recording some of those and game plays were lost, but I didn't know which.... Anyhow, 1337 is at least a reasonable placeholder.

--

On to the list:

Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie 84
UNO: Marvel Heroes 47
Dominion 39
Rat-a-Tat Cat 35
Reiner Knizia's Amazing Flea Circus 32
Set 32
UNO: Harry Potter 32

Disney Pixar Cars 2 Sorry Sliders: World Grand Prix Race Edition 28
Castle Keep 27
Sorry! Sliders 27
(Dominion: Hinterlands 26)
Dungeon Command: Heart of Cormyr 26
Connect Four 23
King of Tokyo 23
Pokémon Trading Card Game 23
Simply Suspects 23
7 Wonders 20
Chess 20
Castle Panic 18
Risk Legacy 18
Star Wars: Jedi Unleashed 18
Coloretto 17
Fairy Tale 15
The Hobbit Card Game 15
Jack and the Beanstalk 15

Loot 15
Ticket to Ride: Europe 15
Kingdom Builder 14
Knock Your Blocks Off 14
Summoner Wars 14
Tsuro of the Seas 14
(Dominion: Prosperity 13)
Minotaurus 13
Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game 12
Join 5 Turn 12
Smash Up 12
Family Fluxx 11
Heroica: Fortaan 11
The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow 11
1313 Dead End Drive 10
(Dominion: Cornucopia 10)
Drakon (third edition) 10
Imaginiff: 10th Anniversary Edition 10
(Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 1 - Team Asia & Legendary Asia 10)
Forbidden Island 9
Lords of Waterdeep 9
Mancala 9
Straw 9
Toss Up! 9

(Dominion: Intrigue 8 )
Frog Juice 8
Saboteur 8
Sleeping Queens 8

I break off here, since (A) this list is too long and (B) the average number of plays was 7.5, so we just hit the "below average" point--which also includes the "a lot of these are games we don't own and so we played only a few times at someone else's house or at the Dice Tower Convention" line.

Spoiler Alert!

I was surprised to see Heroscape still claimed first place so dramatically, even being boxed up for a third of the year. Can't say I'm sad though.

Dominion remains a favorite for us. Disney's Sorry Sliders is sort of a Pitch Car-esque game the kids really like. Dungeon Command has become a real hit for us. King of Tokyo has been a blast. Pokemon made a resurgence (didn't see that coming). 7 Wonders sees lots of play. Chess came back and we played a lot. Castle Panic had a crazy spurt, but has quieted down more recently. Risk Legacy is a great, great game. I could go on, but those certainly are all games well worth mentioning from this list.

Last edited by 1Mmirg; January 11th, 2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:01 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ever since Christmas it's been all about Mage Wars and Star Wars X Wing. I'm afraid X Wing may be my new addiction. We've got 13 ships so far with another 9 pre-ordered for wave 2. I guess the good part is there can't be too many many ships left to be produced.
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:32 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Ever since Christmas it's been all about Mage Wars and Star Wars X Wing. I'm afraid X Wing may be my new addiction. We've got 13 ships so far with another 9 pre-ordered for wave 2. I guess the good part is there can't be too many many ships left to be produced.
There's a million more they can do. They haven't even touched the Clone War era yet.
Here are just a few: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_starfighters

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Depends on how much they want to expand.
B-Wing
V-Wing
Naboo Starfighter
Droid Tri-fighter
Vulture Droid
ARC-170
Z-95
Jedi Starfighter
Jedi Interceptor
V-19
... and a whole lot more that I'm sure I'm missing.

I used Christmas money to buy into the X-Wing game, too. I haven't played much yet, but I really enjoy it. I've got the 4 upcoming expansions on pre-order.

--------------
As a family we've been playing alot of Fluxx. Really fun and the kids love it. Just bought several of the theme decks.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; January 11th, 2013 at 06:43 PM. Reason: ninja'd about X-Wing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games