Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:56 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Forum Conduct Please Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus View Post
WOW.
What an awesomely detailed, expansive, well-thought-out and well-written statement that gives members an idea of what this site is trying to do.

MAJOR kudos to everybody involved - this is something that (IMO) this community has needed for 2 years now - glad to see a liveable, breathable set of expectations detailed by the Mod crew.

And I thought 1st/last/nth post was when someone starts a thread and says "First post here yadda yadda" or "This is my last post here yadda yadda" or "This is my 1000th post! Wooot me!"
I agree with this reapersaurus, this needs to be on this site for noobs to access. Now we just to need to add a proper grammer clause and we'll be good as gold.
Grammar.

Jim

Couldn't resist!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus View Post
WOW.
What an awesomely detailed, expansive, well-thought-out and well-written statement that gives members an idea of what this site is trying to do.

MAJOR kudos to everybody involved - this is something that (IMO) this community has needed for 2 years now - glad to see a liveable, breathable set of expectations detailed by the Mod crew.

And I thought 1st/last/nth post was when someone starts a thread and says "First post here yadda yadda" or "This is my last post here yadda yadda" or "This is my 1000th post! Wooot me!"
I agree with this reapersaurus, this needs to be on this site for noobs to access. Now we just to need to add a proper grammer clause and we'll be good as gold.
Grammar.

Jim

Couldn't resist!
How many times now has someone misspelled Grammar as Grammer?

Oh..Ok... thanks Kelsey.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I always love it when people quote banned members for their excellent advice on forum conduct.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
I always love it when people quote banned members for their excellent advice on forum conduct.

JCB couldn't have said it any better than that Rev. <evilgrin>
Old October 2nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:

JCB couldn't have said it any better than that Rev. <evilgrin>
UD might be able to, but nobody would be able to decipher it.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I thought using the "reapershrug" animated icon was a nice touch, one worthy of a SuperAtheist.
Old November 25th, 2008, 10:03 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

Sorry to revive this thread, but I think I'm going to start recommending this thread to anyone I welcome to this site. Is that a good idea, or does it come off as rude?

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old November 25th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I thought using the "reapershrug" animated icon was a nice touch, one worthy of a SuperAtheist.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old December 17th, 2008, 06:32 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I get frustrated when threads devlove into bickering over forum ettiquette (whether it be about using proper english, the search function or whatever). Is there any way the moderators could encourage folks to PM ettiquette violators instead of hi-jacking any particular thread?

I figure that 95% of the folks reading any given thread already understand the rules (both unspoken or otherwise), so I don't see any significant reason why posters need to be called out in the middle of a thread that might otherwise be interesting. I suppose some people may not check for PMs, but it would be nice if that would be the first route before taking it to the middle of a potentially interesting discussion.

Anyway, just a suggestion.
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:59 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
Lightbulb Re: Forum Conduct Please Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
I get frustrated when threads devlove into bickering over forum ettiquette...
I don't see any significant reason why posters need to be called out in the middle of a thread that might otherwise be interesting.
I agree with you. This topic has actually been on my mind a little bit lately. I work with allot of junior aged folks, both professionally and personally. Most of the time when I see someone that I judge to be between 12-15 on this board chances are they are being hounded by people that neg rep for imperfect grammar, age appropriate (for a youngster) conversations and asking rookie questions.

I don't want to post a neg-rep magnent but it bothers me and I think these practices are unnecessary. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for people with higher language skills than myself. I even appreciate being challenged. But do we really need to be so abrasive?

I guess what I'd like to say is that you don't need to like every thread. If you don't want to have a conversation that seems to be of middle school mentality, then don't participate. I happen to enjoy conversing with youngsters. But In the past few weeks I think several newer members have been run into the red in such a manner.

I was even thinking about starting a new thread to discuss it on but hopefully this thread will generate some dialogue on the subject.

Peace
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:40 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
I get frustrated when threads devlove into bickering over forum ettiquette...
I don't see any significant reason why posters need to be called out in the middle of a thread that might otherwise be interesting.
I agree with you. This topic has actually been on my mind a little bit lately. I work with allot of junior aged folks, both professionally and personally. Most of the time when I see someone that I judge to be between 12-15 on this board chances are they are being hounded by people that neg rep for imperfect grammar, age appropriate (for a youngster) conversations and asking rookie questions.

I don't want to post a neg-rep magnent but it bothers me and I think these practices are unnecessary. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for people with higher language skills than myself. I even appreciate being challenged. But do we really need to be so abrasive?

I guess what I'd like to say is that you don't need to like every thread. If you don't want to have a conversation that seems to be of middle school mentality, then don't participate. I happen to enjoy conversing with youngsters. But In the past few weeks I think several newer members have been run into the red in such a manner.

I was even thinking about starting a new thread to discuss it on but hopefully this thread will generate some dialogue on the subject.

Peace
New members are easy marks here at times. From what I have seen, The brand spanking new members are negged by the "just got the wet off their ears" members who have gone through the criticisms of new membership and are looking to get some payback.

The hang out is supposed to be a place for the newer members to learn the ropes but they often stray into the shark infested waters chumming with their improper grammar. The more experienced members do offer multiple warnings. Some choose to heed those warnings and some defy the warnings and are negged accordingly for the most part.

Mostly I think there is abuse of neg power amongst new site supporters. Members always have the ability to PM an administrator with a problem and a post can always be reported using the button. People simply do not do this or have ignored this thread.

I whole heartedly believe in what you are saying. The site members need "Father/Mother" like qualities first and that is hard to come by in a fourteen year old.

</IMG>
Old April 26th, 2009, 02:07 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyvarrisX View Post
What exactly does woot mean?
Nothing unless there's another woot after it.

woot = meaningless
woot woot = an interjection of joy

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online