Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 19th, 2017, 12:02 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs I'M BACK

Hey taf, I like the scorpion figures, very neat. Here's some pennies on your latest. Comrade Scorpio, grip and sting is thematic with the pincers and stinger bit. Peoples rebellion is pretty good for those huge point guys. It almost punishes your opponent for picking crazy high point guys. How much have you tested that one? It might be worth a few more points depending on the situation just from looking at it. Its thematic that they don't like figures that don't fit the communist mold though.

Comrade Braznyy
Outer shell seems fun. Thematic enough for a figure with a carapace. Peoples poison is essentially poison weapons but lower by 2 and you could do it up to 6 times on one figure. I like the idea, but I would make it harder to get, at least in line with poison weapons or charge more for braznyy.
Overall very cool designs. I'm getting back into doing my own customs again also.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 19th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TAF's Customs I'M BACK

Thanks for the feedback TREX.

Sad to say, playtesting has been limited on these two (as usual). I will say that although their "Peoples'" powers aren't likely to affect too many specific enemies in games, they could still be wildly overpowered depending on how the faction grows. They're supposed to be little bonus powers, not make them counter-draft units. So I'll make sure to playtest them alongside every new Communist I make.

~TAF, theoretically

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 6th, 2017, 06:45 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Re: TAF's Customs KYRIE

Hi again everyone, I'm back with another trio of customs: this time some Kyrie.

Valhalla's winged warriors seem to get more difficult to design with each subsequent wave, only so many ways of buffing allies out there. So two out of these three are a bit more focused on just being Heroes over cheerleaders. How will they turn out? Let's find out.

Character Bio: Peri is an odd, almost ethereal being. Although she lacks the demeanor of many of Sigyn's headstrong troops, and even lacks a weapon to take into battle, she nonetheless deserves her spot amongst her Valkyrie's ranks.

Peri exudes a strange aura in battle that invigorates those around her, said to be part of her own spirit. It pushes warriors to fight harder, and even puts them into a mad frenzy. Although turning standard troops into berserkers is quite the asset in a fight, it also drives enemy troops mad with rage. Even though Peri herself is unarmed and reserved, she has a knack for turning battles into bloodbaths.

Peri the Kyrie Warrior gives your melee figures Battle Frenzy with her aura, save for those who already have Frenzy powers. While this is immensely powerful in the right circumstances, your opponent will also gain Frenzy when they attack Peri herself thanks to Incite Fury, even their ranged units. As such you'll need to work extra hard to preserve her and make the most out of her potent aura.

Character Bio: There is a legend in Valhalla, originating from a remote village in the far northeast. A legend of a Kyrie who once served under Utgar, then Jandar, then no one. She is said to have defended that town alone from an entire army, using the flaming bow of legend Ichaival.

Ichaival was once wielded by Odin himself, a weapon guised as a normal bow until revealed in a brilliant burst of fire. A single arrow can fell a dragon. Every Valkyrie General would sacrifice a legion of troops to have this weapon to use on their front lines. But to their disappointment--and to the relief of countless disenfranchised Kyrie across the continent--its owner has no allegiance to any faction in this war.

Phoeta is a glass cannon to say the least. Although every figure with Flying and Range is good in my book, 2 Defense leaves a lot to be desired. Luckily wounds are welcome with her Blaze Bow Ichaival 21, which can easily one-hit KO most units with height and a good roll. The odds of it working only go up with damage. She can also handle Squads as well under pressure with Reflex Shot, which grants an extra move and attack when engaging squaddies. The longer you can manage to keep Phoeta alive, the more damage she can do.

Character Bio: Zelafer sends the word of Ozirael, of God, to all: be it messages to his allies or arrows to his enemies. His trained Valhallan falcon Legel always accompanies him into battle, circling the skies and spotting enemies for him to pick off. It's more of a vulture than a falcon. Whenever the bird flies down low near a soldier, they may as well be marked for death.

Another Kyrie archer, Zelafer has a few neat tricks. With Ferry Orders, his trusty bird companion can move Order Markers from his card to an ally's once per round, as well as put his own X OM onto an enemy for a boost with Falcon Mark. As an Ozirael figure, Zelafer can also reap the bonuses of the Inner Circle's buffs, making him an immensely powerful and versatile archer, even if he's limited to one attack per OM.

Well that's all for now. What do you think of these guys? Too strong? Too complex? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. I'll keep at uploading the index and see you all around later.

~TAF

(figures used:
Peri = Pathfinder Peri
Phoeta = Pathfinder Erinyes
Zelafer = Warhammer Knight-Venator)

Old March 6th, 2017, 07:25 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: TAF's Customs KYRIE

Nice work on these Kyrie, TAF! I recently acquired that Peri figure and have been trying to figure out what to do with her. You've given me some ideas. I like Blaze Bow a lot -- I would switch the 2nd and 3rd sentences, but that's not a big deal. Zelafer gives you some interesting OM choices, and works against "reveal XOM" figures like Siege. I sort of want something about taking your XOM back at the end of the round (if you put it on an opponent's card) but it's there by implication.
Old March 6th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Wow, I really like them! Great set!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 6th, 2017, 08:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback; I'll fix the wording if I reupload these after playtesting patches.

~TAF

Old March 7th, 2017, 02:20 AM

Arrow Re: TAF's Customs KYRIE

Extra Unit time!

Originally I was split between making this most recent wave a Kyrie-themed wave or an Archer-themed one. The last Archer was a little too Customy so I sided with the Kyrie. Still, it's only one card's difference so I suppose I can give you guys a little bonus with the last Archer: Nathalya Silvershield of the Maidens faction. Here you go:

Character Bio: Nathalya strings an arrow, a bright orange ribbon with Sigyn's emblem tied to the tip. She never misses. Many of her shots do not strike enemies, but she never misses.

The bolt is loosed, arrow zipping right past the Horned Skull Brute's face and sinking into the outpost wall behind him. It alerts all of Valkrill's troops there, all eyeing the fog beyond them. The ball is in their court. They might not have known this was Sigyn's territory. It's only fair to let them know what kind of fight they're getting into. It's their chance to leave alive.

Instead the orcs and bugbears roar at the mist, banging their weapons together and demanding battle. Taking this outpost was easy enough, after all.

Nathalya draws another shot, "As you wish."

Her next arrow pierces the eye of an orc, pinning his skull to the wall. The other Fusuna knights charge forth into the fray, Sigyn's loyal Apaches right behind them. Enemies demanding a battle is a chance to go wild. The orange ribbon on the warning arrow only seems to grow brighter as the wall around it is drenched in dark crimson blood.

Nathalya is an archer with a simple but powerful ability: Sigyn Tactical Warning Shot 1. By forfeiting your attack, Nathalya can fire an arrow onto an empty space and turn it into an Attack Beacon for all friendly Sigyn units. This can be immensely helpful in Sigyn-centric armies when fighting over contested ground or objectives. However, it costs you your first turn. Since it affects friendly figures in addition to ones you control, it can also be handy when playing with teammates using Sigyn figures, since they won't have to sacrifice their turn. Other than that, Nathalya is a decently-hardy archer for the price tag.

Customy, yes, but this is a Customs forum. What do you think? A bit much or just right?

~TAF, a little amused than none of the three archers could use the Archer class

(figure used = Pathfinder Grey Maiden Archer)

Last edited by TheAverageFan; March 23rd, 2017 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Changed Nathalya to accommodate glyph
Old March 7th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Wow! I actually really, really like her. Something really different and interesting - you're on a roll right now, TAF.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 7th, 2017, 03:17 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nathalya Silvershield
She's pretty customy alright but you could probably tweak the power to work in a more traditional way (see the spoiler below if you are interested). Is the intention that no figures can stop on the space with the Order Marker? Can they move through it? Stats alone she's actually pretty tough for a ranged figure for her points. It would depend on the match and your other Sigyn figures, but dropping that boost could be a cool way for you to finally break through an opponent's entrenched position.

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 7th, 2017, 03:48 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

The Kyrie are great, but I really like the ingenuity of the Silvershield archer!!

I like Ixe's idea of a object or glyph-style marker that is placed on the board. You could use a yellow Marvel glyph or possibly a treasure glyph that is 'temporary.' Maybe Nathalya has a quiver of 3 'arrows' to use in the game.

But overall - fantastic idea!! thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Nathalya Silvershield
She's pretty customy alright but you could probably tweak the power to work in a more traditional way (see the spoiler below if you are interested). Is the intention that no figures can stop on the space with the Order Marker? Can they move through it? Stats alone she's actually pretty tough for a ranged figure for her points. It would depend on the match and your other Sigyn figures, but dropping that boost could be a cool way for you to finally break through an opponent's entrenched position.

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 7th, 2017, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the recommendations. From my experience it's not terribly difficult to have an Order Marker share a space with a figure, but you're right a Glyph of some kind would make it a lot less awkward or Customy. I'll work on that.

~TAF

Old March 7th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I dig the Kyrie, but the archer is just amazing. What an idea. I know Soundwarp came up with Sigyn, but I'm very impressed with what you've done with that general in particular.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards