Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 7th, 2024, 12:35 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

They do show all of that stuff on the packaging for the Battle Box though, including an army card: https://hasbropulse.com/collections/...ainted-edition

It looks like Order Markers, Wound/Round Markers, Glyphs, and the Dice are unchanged, including the Marro skulls on the Combat Dice. The Powder Markers probably have a new color, like we've seen before for other special abilities.

Interestingly, among all the talk about card complexity, they chose Ewashia's card to show on the box art. Maybe they are trying to go in that direction to show its a serious game?
Old March 7th, 2024, 01:14 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ooh, a dozen glyphs between the two boxes?
For ordinary glyphs, we already have 20/26 alphabet letters
covered. Wlth an obligatory pair of Brandar glyphs, we could have the final 6 letters and still have four slots for repeats, or even Treasures remaining.
Or do we already know?

Edit:
Yes, from the beta rulebook, four more normal letters are covered:

Glyph of Fellaron (Glyph Removal)
Remove any other glyph from the battlefield.

Glyph of Haukeland (Healing)
When one of your figures stops here, you may remove up to 3 wound markers from any of your
army cards.

Glyph of Quillivon (Extra Movement)
Choose any 3 of your figures. You may move each of the chosen figures up to 6 spaces.

Glyph of Yadulkia (Disengage)
Your figures are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Plus the vines that may or may not count:
Glyph of Xenithrax Vines (Vines)
If a huge figure moves onto this glyph, this glyph is immediately removed from the battlefield
and that figure may continue its movement. Figures standing on this glyph roll 1 fewer attack
die and 2 fewer defense dice. When a figure on a Xenithrax Vines glyph moves off of the glyph,
roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, that figure takes one wound. Remove this glyph from the
battlefield after a figure moves off of it, or at the end of the round if a figure is standing on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Last edited by Nukatha; March 7th, 2024 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Didn't realize the beta rulebook existed.
Old March 7th, 2024, 11:54 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

It never left.

I have expressed my admiration of and gratitude for those who have not only kept Heroscape alive for over 10 years (since it was officially discontinued) but exponentially enriched it. Renegade 'Scape is a pale reflection of what has gone before in the halls of C3V/SoV and C3G. I have no wish for it to fail, but I see no need to purchase any of it. Copying the cards, and proxying the figures and terrain, or 3D printing all of it, are all doable, especially for the Gang (note: my opinion, not speaking for the other members).

As I sit here in my Island fastness (the ideas flowing from my mind like Minerva, full born, from that of Zeus, and refined in the molten fire of those dedicated to both the preservation and positive evolution of Heroscape) creating customs and playing 'Scape, while countless others do the same, and much more, Renegade's success or failure, its quality or lack thereof, is but a tiny blip on the radar, compared to all that has gone before, and all that is being created even as we speak, by this Community.

Hail Heroscape!

Old March 7th, 2024, 12:00 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

For home use, 3D printing can work and frankly I'm not sure it's anything that can be prevented. But for anyone that tries to 3D print the figures in the BB or Master Set and sell them on ebay for instance... I'm guess Renegade's Cease and Desist department will be quite active.

-insert signature here-
Old March 7th, 2024, 02:05 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
They do show all of that stuff on the packaging for the Battle Box though
Yeah, I saw that too. Just thought it was weird that none of it is on the master set, which would be the starting point for (lots of? most?) people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
they chose Ewashia's card to show on the box art. Maybe they are trying to go in that direction to show its a serious game?
I just assumed it's because she's the featured character on the front of the box. Which is natural, since it's the tallest and most unusual mini in that set. They probably didn't even think about card complexity when choosing which band member to put on the front of the album cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
for anyone that tries to 3D print the figures in the BB or Master Set and sell them on ebay for instance...
I don't think Kolakoski was suggesting that; just pointing out that when a product overall doesn't grab people's interest as a must-buy, then some of them will naturally homebrew just the individual elements they care about. I would certainly predict seeing people designing and 3D printing their own wall pieces: it should be pretty easy to do given their simple geometries, affords much more design creativity, and overcomes the economic roadblocks in the products currently offered. Namely, that the $125 set features a ton of plain, standard terrain most of us already have plenty of, but only a handful of wall segments (looks like the terrain-spanning ability of probably a bit more than a pair of RotV ruins, assuming you get 3 longs + 2 shorts + 2 broken ends). I've seen people talking about buying multiple sets for the walls, but I wonder if they yet realize they could spend $500 and still not have enough segments to make anything near as big or interesting as the simplest FotV castles.

And while I'm opining about the new walls, I like how they are designed to stack, but can you place land tiles between/atop the layers to make multiple floors? It doesn't look like they're designed for that the way FotV walls were. (I kinda forgot all the details of the Haslab failure, so I don't remember whether it addressed this.) Maybe eventually there will be some kind of topper/adapter.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; March 7th, 2024 at 02:29 PM.
Old March 7th, 2024, 03:15 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation

Hey all. Apologies if this has been addressed already, but I haven’t been perusing the boards in very long time. I watched the recent live stream and signed up to be a renegade play tester for Heroscape. I went through all the necessary steps, but I am still waiting to be cleared and given access to, the renegade tester thread. Does anyone else have experience doing this? Has anyone else been admitted as of yet? It has been three or four days now, and I have yet to receive any confirmation that my efforts were received. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old March 7th, 2024, 04:21 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
for anyone that tries to 3D print the figures in the BB or Master Set and sell them on ebay for instance...
I don't think Kolakoski was suggesting that; just pointing out that when a product overall doesn't grab people's interest as a must-buy, then some of them will naturally homebrew just the individual elements they care about...
Nor I, it more just came up in the same train of thought. I'm sure some will try and we'll see how quickly Renegade reacts (assuming they do).

-insert signature here-
Old March 7th, 2024, 04:33 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99 View Post
Hey all. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
Be patient.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old March 7th, 2024, 04:35 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm surprised this news with all the pictures isn't on the front page of the site yet. All these details should probably get covered there like back in the day.
Old March 7th, 2024, 04:36 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
I did notice that on the back of the new boxes it now reads Ages 14+. That's a pretty big jump from 8+. I wonder why that changed... price maybe?
You see a lot of games now say 14+. That’s because there are new stricter global guidelines that make distribution of children’s games far more difficult and costly.
I just realized the 14+ might also have something to do with them going all-in on Organized Play and their plans for a Heroscape Battle Network where I'm assuming people create accounts/profiles, that might have a 14+ clause in the online terms and agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Have any distributors or online retailers (other than direct through Renegade) been announced? And where else have you seen it available to pre-order? Thanks.
I'm looking at the information my friend receives for his store from his distributor (not sure if I can give out that specific information), for RETAILERS.

From that distributor right now, retailers can only order the unpainted sets. They can't get any of the painted ones.

As it stands right now, you can only get the painted editions directly from Renegade or Hasbro.
A small detail I noticed where the Premium Edition Box and Standard Edition Box differs...

The word "Limited" could mean all sorts of things I suspect. Not trying to create any FOMO anxiety here, of course. I re-watched the launch video and the word "Limited" was never spoken.
EDIT: Trying to be patient, really, I am.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; March 7th, 2024 at 05:01 PM.
Old March 7th, 2024, 04:41 PM

Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
I did notice that on the back of the new boxes it now reads Ages 14+. That's a pretty big jump from 8+. I wonder why that changed... price maybe?
You see a lot of games now say 14+. That’s because there are new stricter global guidelines that make distribution of children’s games far more difficult and costly.
I just realized the 14+ might also have something to do with them going all-in on Organized Play and their plans for a Heroscape Battle Network where I'm assuming people create accounts/profiles, that might have a 14+ clause in the online terms and agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Have any distributors or online retailers (other than direct through Renegade) been announced? And where else have you seen it available to pre-order? Thanks.
I'm looking at the information my friend receives for his store from his distributor (not sure if I can give out that specific information), for RETAILERS.

From that distributor right now, retailers can only order the unpainted sets. They can't get any of the painted ones.

As it stands right now, you can only get the painted editions directly from Renegade or Hasbro.
A small detail I noticed where the Premium Edition Box and Standard Edition Box differs...

The word "Limited" could mean all sorts of things I suspect. Not trying to create any FOMO anxiety here, of course. I re-watched the launch video and the word "Limited" was never spoken.
From what I understand after talking to a store here in the UK and seeing some of the GAMA material, it basically means you (and/or stores) can only order it directly from Renegade I believe, i.e no distributor access. The unpainted sets and the trees set are available from regular Renegade distributors as normal.
Old March 7th, 2024, 04:54 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
I have a feeling these aren't the final production boxes. They still have time to make packaging adjustments assuming the plan is to release in August.

Based on what they are showing at GAMA I think this is final box art

GAME OVER Moon Pie!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News