Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 22nd, 2014, 01:35 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Day of the Dead IS coming soon Dad_Scaper!

I'm throwing in with Ajani being the white walker.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old October 22nd, 2014, 03:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Uh oh.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 22nd, 2014, 03:13 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

I'm actually really excited for this game. And I'm not sure why I didn't know this was announced until this morning

And I don't care if its called Magic The Gathering The Strategy Board Game I'm going to be calling it Magic The Gathering Heroscape. And yeah I know that it isn't really Heroscape, but more of the son of Heroscape. And who'd have thought Heroscape and Magic would settle down together? Even if it isn't Scape it has scape blood in it and that's good enough for me.

As for the white Planeswalker as much as I want it to be Elspeth, my personal favorite planeswalker, I already know its going to be Ajani. He's well established as the face of white mana in the same way that Chandra is red, and Jace is blue.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 22nd, 2014, 04:12 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@tomvasel played the demo at Essen and talks a bit about it for a few minutes the latest Boardgame Breakfast, starting at 5:30:

He's very excited about it, which is to be expected given how much of a Heroscape fan he is.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old October 22nd, 2014, 04:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

For sure. This game is right in his wheelhouse; he also went gaga over Dungeons & Dragons Attack Wing. Thanks, Xorlof!

edit: Now I've watched the video. Unbelievable. "Heroscape 2.0," he calls it. Terrain perfectly compatible, rules very very similar.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 22nd, 2014, 04:32 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

hm... An alternative to trying to create ways to make this game work with Heroscape, what if we tried to make a HS adaptation for this game?

Instead of Planes-walkers, you would have Valkyrie, who would summon their forces in the midst of battle. In addition, you would spells/actions that could support your troops.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 05:13 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
edit: Now I've watched the video. Unbelievable. "Heroscape 2.0," he calls it. Terrain perfectly compatible, rules very very similar.
Yeah, I hope his terrain comment is true (that he asked) and not an assumption he was making after seeing the non-base layer hexes shown.

I wonder if this will be a Hasbro project or WoTC project. The former, I assume, would be more likely to hit more big box stores, but also more likely to need to be a home run to get continued support.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old October 22nd, 2014, 06:22 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's another interesting video review...

Old October 22nd, 2014, 06:46 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am intrigued.

Old October 22nd, 2014, 07:13 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Why can't WOTC pull their heads from their rears and realize there are other games besides D&D and Magic? Heroscape is a fantastic game. I mean they must think so too since this game is Heroscape basically. Why not branch out, make other games, keep producing Heroscape. Not everything has to be D&D and Magic. I rebelled hard against the D&D Heroscape, in part because of this very thing. It's like WOTC can't make a game that's not D&D or Magic. I just don't get it. Whatever. I have enough terrain that I don't need more, and I don't really play with customs. So I won't be picking this up. Oh and look, they brought the beveled bases back. What happened to the line of bull about more compatible with other minis games when they changed the Heroscape bases? Oh that's right, I already answered the question, it was a line of bull.

Honestly though, I hope it's a fun game, and those that wish to play it have fun with it and enjoy it.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 08:39 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Clan, I think they know how good Heroscape was...that's why we had D&D'scape. That's why we may be venturing into Magicscape.

I, like you, hope this is a fun game for those who are pumped for it.

And I am partially pumped (in hopes this really is Magicscape).

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 22nd, 2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: GI Joe'scape coming soon...okay, maybe not.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 09:47 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm going to guess this won't be magicscape. I would suggest not getting your hopes up, but maybe it will happen. Who knows? Everyone keeps saying it could change for bad with no hexes, changed mechanics, etc. but it could change into Magicscape in that time. Who really knows? Even if it doesn't (in all probability) become Magicscape it will still provide new minis and possibly new terrain features ripe for custimization.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion