Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 15th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by geddy lifeson
Thanks again for the HS game, wish we had more time. Sorry the Cubs game went sour for ya. I went to Thursday's night game and it was excellent. Man, I love Wrigley!
It was nice meeting you geddy. You picked an exciting game to be at. Mine was more like batting practice for the Astros for the first 6 innings. At least the Cubbies are still keeping it interesting...

I've moved from XSLT/XPath 1.0 to 2.0 for generating HTML pages on my site. With 2.0 comes the <xsl:for-each-group/> element which means -- Group Totals !
https://heroscape.glasq.com/tables/c...ers_006.html#T

I'm still messing with this but it's mostly done. These changes are not yet in the Download.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; April 4th, 2022 at 09:47 PM.
Old September 18th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
I'm aware the site is down. There's a crack team of technicians working on it now.
Old September 18th, 2007, 09:52 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
I'm aware the site is down. There's a crack team of technicians working on it now.
Gary, I miss your avatar.

I look forward to the site going back up.
Old September 18th, 2007, 08:51 PM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
Hi Gary!

Quote:
I can't sleep:
there's any chance that linking some of your pictures in a forum causes this damage?

<A scaried parduz>

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old September 18th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Spin Master

Parduz! Sleep is over-rated.

I doubt linking pics from my site to here is hurting the hard drive on the web server. I'm still waiting to hear from my brother on what the exact problem is.

The good thing is I build the site locally on my laptop and I keep incremental backups at home as well. So even if the server's hard-drive is a total loss I can easily rebuild my HS site.

BTW, I never did get that UI built for "HexScape".

-------------------

EDIT: The site is alive again.
Old September 19th, 2007, 02:58 AM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
I doubt linking pics from my site to here is hurting the hard drive on the web server.
Well, it was not THIS forum. I've linked a dozen of your rotating figures in a HeroQuest forum 'cause a member was considering buying expansions to have some new monster to put on the board.

Quote:
BTW, I never did get that UI built for "HexScape".
I know.
When i have see the last Logrey post about LandScape, i took a decision:
i give to him a "last chance" (i mean: i will wait a bit more) then i will eventually start to think at building my own editor, which obviously will take care of solidscape, hexscape and vistualscape file format.
Meanwhile im working on the "graphic engine" of HCC.
HexScape is a great thing. It just need a friendly face

Old September 19th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz
.... i will eventually start to think at building my own editor, which obviously will take care of solidscape, hexscape and vistualscape file format ....
If you get an editor built for SS, please make sure it stores the data for identifying and positioning terrain pieces in an XML formatted text file. Then anyone can transform this XML into another format for another application. The HSC files for VirtualScape are unreadable. (At least the SOL files of LandScape were readable XML, as you very well know).

I'd love to be able to "feed" SolidScape or VirtualScape with a transformation of the XML info I've already built for all the Hasbro maps (and a few of my own maps).

I'm still messing with optimizing the SVG I create for HS battlefields. I also want to incorporate Modular Map (MOP) rules into an XML format that can validate terrain-edge rules and calculate the total point value for a MOP based on my current formula.
Old September 19th, 2007, 05:05 PM

While we're talking about SVG:

1) just today i learn (while googling for something totally different) that exist a "thing" called XUL wich, if i've right understood) is a way to build XML UI for web-based/cross-OS...
There's others also, with any sort of strange name (most containing a "X") for the (almost) same purpose.
Do you know these things?

2) If i give you a CorelDraw / Vector picture of a HS card (built with several layers), can you convert it in a SVG?
Making a web-based Card editor can be evntually a simpler exercise about UIs and SVG than a terrain editor

Old September 19th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz
While we're talking about SVG:

1) just today i learn (while googling for something totally different) that exist a "thing" called XUL wich, if i've right understood) is a way to build XML UI for web-based/cross-OS...
There's others also, with any sort of strange name (most containing a "X") for the (almost) same purpose.
Do you know these things?
Don't know anything yet about XUL (or XBL). Mozilla has a project dedicated to it.
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xul/

Quote:
2) If i give you a CorelDraw / Vector picture of a HS card (built with several layers), can you convert it in a SVG?
Making a web-based Card editor can be evntually a simpler exercise about UIs and SVG than a terrain editor
There are several apps that convert SVG into something else (or the other way around). Never tried this SVG Factory utility myself but it looks interesting.
http://www.svgfactory.com/documentation.html
Old September 20th, 2007, 10:59 PM

Gen Hex Woo who?
Quote:
thanks for the compliments guys! i like to hear those words "easy to navigate".

if anyone has or knows of other HS websites, post it here and i will add it to the Links page on my site. i'll do my best to keep it current.
I also give it an "Easy to Navigate"endorsement.

Have you considered posting a link to House Mouse Games? Sandra seems to be a great asset to the community.
Old September 25th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Hex
Have you considered posting a link to House Mouse Games? Sandra seems to be a great asset to the community.
Yes she is! Link to HouseMouse is now on the Links page.

I've also updated the Download, so online and offline are back in sync.
Old September 28th, 2007, 08:21 PM

Gen Hex Woo who?
Just another way your site rocks!!

My Maps.
My Map Photos.
Good Traders = Pwally a.k.a. uniqueheroscaper & Dochaun
**Always looking for HS games in the Tampa and outlying area**

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion