Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 2nd, 2009, 09:08 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Last night, my family and I played the torturous, but nicely drawn, Key to the Kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
On the bright side - the tickets were free, My daughter loved it, and I garnered some sympathy rep from Minivan!
It's the least I could do for your having to sit through that abomination. High School Musical is bad enough. Anything "on Ice" (and not in the mob way) is bad enough as well. Putting them together is the kind of pure evil that only Disney could come up. What happened to Disney?
Anything on ice and with an intermission. You take the family out of the arena for a change of pace and scenery and are bombarded by $15 Sno-Cones, overpriced gimcracks, and junky t-shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Just picked up a copy of Tenjo for $20! Can't wait to try it! I've had my eye on it for quite a while from my FLGS.
Cool looking game, insane play time!
Old March 2nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Just picked up a copy of Tenjo for $20! Can't wait to try it! I've had my eye on it for quite a while from my FLGS.
Cool looking game, insane play time!
Hmm... Didn't notice that.

But really, the rules say you can basically end the game at any time, if everyone agrees. The game's all about forming alliances and deception. Everyone else could just submit to your superior army and be done.

...Of course, if there's one stubborn guy, you'll have to use force to make him submit. But then you might have two more allies on your side.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 09:38 PM

KRUG! knows what's in an order marker KRUG! knows what's in an order marker

Currently been playing Munchkin Quest and it is a blast! Got a "great deal"(said in that funky gazillionaire voice ) on it and the first expansion at coolstuffinc.com. If you are a fan of any of the Munchkin card games, you will totally dig the boardgame.

Withhold no sacrifice,
grudge no toil,
seek no sordid gain,
fear no foe.
All will be well.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Anything on ice and with an intermission. You take the family out of the arena for a change of pace and scenery and are bombarded by $15 Sno-Cones, overpriced gimcracks, and junky t-shirts.

Had a fairly large Game Day at my house yesterday. Mr. & Mrs. theGuru showed up, and about 10 or 11 others. Played throughout the day were: Settlers of Catan - 6 players, Talisman 4E, Jamaica, HeroScape, and Elk Fest. Much fun was had by all!

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:11 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played Carcassonne with four of my other friends that can't focus.

That didn't turn out to well....
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:22 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUG! View Post
Currently been playing Munchkin Quest and it is a blast! Got a "great deal"(said in that funky gazillionaire voice ) on it and the first expansion at coolstuffinc.com. If you are a fan of any of the Munchkin card games, you will totally dig the boardgame.
I think I'm going to pass on that one. The card game is great, but I'm trying to collect all of them and I don't really want to add to that price tag if I can help it.

DeceitfulBeauty and I just got Arkham Horror. I love it. Can't wait for more of that as well. There's so much to do, though, it just doesn't feel like there's enough time to do even half of it before those ancient jerks awaken! I did win one game on turn 2, though, playing by myself. Started with the "Find Gate" spell and went through the initial gate on turn 1. During the Mythos phase a gate tried to appear at the same location. Turn 2 I cast my spell and closed the gate. Win!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 2nd, 2009, 11:35 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

I would LOVE to try Arkham Horror, but I already have one game that takes up a ton of time and requires a lot of people (Descent). But, I would love to try it.

My Recent Plays:
Old March 2nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:

Jim
You know - a gewgaw!

Quote:

Had a fairly large Game Day at my house yesterday. Mr. & Mrs. theGuru showed up, and about 10 or 11 others. Played throughout the day were: Settlers of Catan - 6 players, Talisman 4E, Jamaica, HeroScape, and Elk Fest. Much fun was had by all!

Jim
Dang, sounds like fun!

Mr. Migraine, that signature of yours!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:26 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
My son and I played our first game of Robo Rally tonight.
I can't imagine a more chaotic way to have a great time with a board game!
Whatta winnner!
In my experience Roborally is best with:
1) Lots of players.
2) Only one or two board sections.
3) No more than four flags.

With fewer players you don't get enough chaos, and with more flags/boards the game just drags on too long.

Quote:
Oh, man! Too bad Bunjee and I don't live in your area! We would have loved to join you.

We've been playing board games on Saturdays at Amazing Tales in Raleigh. This week I played Settlers, Battlestar Galactica, and Wreckage. Others there played Dominion, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Puerto Rico.

BSG got played three times. At one point we had 12 people playing two games at separate tables. This one is currently the clear house favorite. If you haven't heard about it, it uses a hidden card mechanic to secretly determine who's a cylon and who's a human. Half the fun of the game is making rampant accusations about who's a cylon and trying to convince others that you're not a cylon. For a couple hours the whole room rang with cries like "Thanks for the help, cylon," and "For the last time! I'm not a cylon!"
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:12 AM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Quote:
My son and I played our first game of Robo Rally tonight.
I can't imagine a more chaotic way to have a great time with a board game!
Whatta winnner!
In my experience Roborally is best with:
1) Lots of players.
2) Only one or two board sections.
3) No more than four flags.

With fewer players you don't get enough chaos, and with more flags/boards the game just drags on too long.
We've been playing with 3 and I agree the chaos could be upped!
Until we get more players, I won't even consider two boards or more flags.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 06:34 PM

KRUG! knows what's in an order marker KRUG! knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I think I'm going to pass on that one. The card game is great, but I'm trying to collect all of them and I don't really want to add to that price tag if I can help it.
The card games are pretty sweet, and tons of fun to play with a big group. The board game is a little pricey but if you are trying to collect the card games, that is not inexpensive either! We have 'em all with expansions except for the Cthulu set and they get played quite a bit. If you change your mind on the board game, get it from coolstuffinc.com. I bought it with the first expansion and with their discounts pretty much got the expansion for free.

Withhold no sacrifice,
grudge no toil,
seek no sordid gain,
fear no foe.
All will be well.
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:15 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

This past weekend I went skiing with my youth group and played some games for the first time in forever. Got in several games of Lost Cities with another leader and then played two games of Carcassonne with some of the kids. After the initial chiding from the kids about me being a nerd, several of the kids really liked Carcassonne.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games