Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 19th, 2014, 02:10 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Louisville Monthly Tourney -- RR Army Draft -- Feb 1st 2

Everyone: Given that I've played this format before, I might be unfairly swayed by my only experience, but I really don't think of this as a kind of Reverse-the-Whip variation. It just never panned out that way.

I'm not really sure how to explain it, but you'll see. It will all sort of balance out. This format mostly emphasizes your ability to play something different each match (kind of like the 4x4 events at GenCon) rather than trying to come up with an army that "games" the system. Odds are you've got maybe a 50/50 chance of going up against what you brought, and probably only once. It's not worth worrying about. If you've brought something strong, then you've merely given the lower record players a better chance at getting a win if they get a chance to choose it and it'll get passed around by those at the bottom. If it's too weak, then you're starting off with a loss (never a good thing with only five matches to play) and you've introduced something the best records will be stuck with at some point....but again, only once.

So, to my mind, this works best when everyone brings something B+ (maybe A-) and players have some kind of idea how to play it.

A great example would be the Arrow Gruts: AGx3/Swogx4/IceTroll/Krug/Raelin. A very strong army in the right hands that can be beaten. I'm terrible with them, but Jacob or Marcus would do very well with them.

Old January 19th, 2014, 10:00 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Dang it, Gordon, I was trying to weaken the opposition!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 20th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sign me up!
Old January 22nd, 2014, 06:14 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Huh, the Round Robin format sounds really neat. I like the idea of everyone gathering around at the beginning of every round to go down the list and watch everybody else choose armies. I bet it'll generate lots of fun group discussion as people opine about what armies they like and how they rank them against each other. Love that kind of stuff.
Old January 25th, 2014, 10:29 AM

Naesalla is surprisingly tart

I'm a no, just found out I have to be in Florida this weekend. If anybody needs my stuff rag can take it (provided he's going.)

Great Transactions with - Lefton4ya, xMindfreak, Ztimster, SuperflyTNT, mdapperc, MarioFanaticXV, JsChild, Twigleg2, ThePhoenix112, Vydar. Great Trades with - Akden, Just_a_Bill
Old January 25th, 2014, 12:51 PM

RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker

Unless I have to work unexpectedly, I'm going.
Old January 29th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just got a copy of the new version of DungeonQuest, by Fantasy Flight. I ran a solo game, and it is seriously awesome. Would anyone be intrested in coming a bit early (10:00?) to play a game with me? I believe there is a 5 player limit.

As a note... Don't expect to win the game. Go into it expecting your character to die a horrible (AKA hilarious, depending on how twisted your sense of humor is...) and unfair death, and you'll be that much more happy if you do happen to make it out!
Old January 29th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Speaking of which, I will have 1775: Rebellion to play after the tourney.
Old January 29th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Speaking of which, I will have 1775: Rebellion to play after the tourney.
Wish I could stay. Perhaps once I get my license, I'll be able to stay later. Just a few more months!
Old January 30th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Wholesome in a Weird Way

Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker

Sorry, can't come to this one. I realized the Born of the Gods pre-release is the same day, so I'm going to that.
Old January 31st, 2014, 02:59 PM

RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker

I can't make it guys. Just got my new work schedule and I'm on for tomorrow.
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:31 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Phantom is going to be there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events