Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 7th, 2019, 03:25 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

See, I LOVE Star Wars and feel Jedis are in universe SuperHeroes. If we went down this particular rabbit hole, I'd prefer that we set a max number of characters per trilogy and then vote to fill those slots. When they are filled and designed, we are done. I also have suggestions, but then I stopped and asked myself, "Where they ever in a hand-to-hand battle in the movie?" Characters like Admiral Ackbar would be less appropriate on an actual battlefield. (For the record, though I'm not a fan of Dr. Who, I could and would support this "limited universe" version of adding them to C3G.) I think we should consider this for other tangential properties as well. Of importance is realizing that our original tangent, Street Fighter, had a self limiting property - minis. They only had about 20 or so characters available to design. Mortal Kombat has had a similar feel, whereas Slashers was an actual discussion to determine their membership and number. But in all of these, I think that question should be at the forefront. Not could they be on a battlefield, but "have they been on a (Heroscape-style) battlefield."

Also, I ignore politics of Hollywood, none of them have any idea what life is like for 90% of Americans because they are of the 1%. I just try to enjoy the movies I want to watch. As a result I may be the only person in America who liked both Episode 7 and 8. Perfect? No. But I enjoyed them none the less. I'm seeing Captain Marvel tonight, critics be damned.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 7th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I guess I didn't really notice all the internet trolls and their opinions on a movie they haven't seen yet. Why people listen to or care about the loudest 3% of America mystifies me. I've been excited about seeing Capt. Marvel and it wasn't a let down in anyway. Capt. Marvel and Fury had good chemistry on screen and the Fantasy/Sci-Fi fanboys and girls grew up on strong female characters (Red Sonya, Ripley from Aliens, etc.). It's Hollywood proper that is just now catching up to the 'geeks' they looked down on for decades and realized every woman in their movies doesn't need to be the secretary or a helpless love interests prop for male leads.
I think a lot of Americans think we should ignore that 3%, we just all have trouble disagreeing who that 3% consists of.
Old March 7th, 2019, 03:38 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
See, I LOVE Star Wars and feel Jedis are in universe SuperHeroes. If we went down this particular rabbit hole, I'd prefer that we set a max number of characters per trilogy and then vote to fill those slots. When they are filled and designed, we are done.
I don't really like the idea of setting a hard cap on characters we could design.

If we wanted to tackle something like Star Wars, but keep it under control, I would rather take the approach of limiting the rate of Star Wars designs and not the eventual number we arrived at. I think that would enforce a relatively small footprint while still allowing for a more fleshed-out universe in the long run.

I don't feel an explicit limit was necessary for Doctor Who or Mortal Kombat or anything else that we've done because those properties have all effectively been limited by the number of people designing for them. Star Wars seems to have a lot more interest from the in-Sanctum crowd, though.
Old March 7th, 2019, 03:50 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
See, I LOVE Star Wars and feel Jedis are in universe SuperHeroes. If we went down this particular rabbit hole, I'd prefer that we set a max number of characters per trilogy and then vote to fill those slots. When they are filled and designed, we are done. I also have suggestions, but then I stopped and asked myself, "Where they ever in a hand-to-hand battle in the movie?" Characters like Admiral Ackbar would be less appropriate on an actual battlefield. (For the record, though I'm not a fan of Dr. Who, I could and would support this "limited universe" version of adding them to C3G.) I think we should consider this for other tangential properties as well. Of importance is realizing that our original tangent, Street Fighter, had a self limiting property - minis. They only had about 20 or so characters available to design. Mortal Kombat has had a similar feel, whereas Slashers was an actual discussion to determine their membership and number. But in all of these, I think that question should be at the forefront. Not could they be on a battlefield, but "have they been on a (Heroscape-style) battlefield."

I think putting an arbitrary restriction on the number that can be designed is unnecessarily restrictive in the extreme. It's not as though they'd ever be outnumbering anything anyway. If we wanted to talk pacing ourselves with a property like that which could have people going down a rabbit hole... I don't think it's necessary, but I could support it.

Also, when it comes to characters being on an actual battlefield or not... how often does Amanda Waller fight on the front lines? Cecil Steadman? Characters like that do exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
See, I LOVE Star Wars and feel Jedis are in universe SuperHeroes. If we went down this particular rabbit hole, I'd prefer that we set a max number of characters per trilogy and then vote to fill those slots. When they are filled and designed, we are done.
I don't really like the idea of setting a hard cap on characters we could design.

If we wanted to tackle something like Star Wars, but keep it under control, I would rather take the approach of limiting the rate of Star Wars designs and not the eventual number we arrived at. I think that would enforce a relatively small footprint while still allowing for a more fleshed-out universe in the long run.

I don't feel an explicit limit was necessary for Doctor Who or Mortal Kombat or anything else that we've done because those properties have all effectively been limited by the number of people designing for them. Star Wars seems to have a lot more interest from the in-Sanctum crowd, though.
Well that's basically what I was saying...

As for Captain Marvel, I can't speak for the critics, but I do think the fan backlash I've been seeing to this film existing before anyone's even seen it has been pretty sickening. As a woman myself, I'd love to see a greater degree of representation... but I'm sceptical. If it tries to just pass on the good PR of having a female main character, I'd be sorely disappointed. I'd want a main character with the same degree of presence, complexity and humour as most of the male leads. From what I've seen in the trailers, I'm not certain of that yet, and the fact that Gamora is the least entertaining Guardian by a long shot makes me... less than confident. I really, really want it to be good, but part of me doubts it will be.

As for concerns about her taking over Endgame, can't see it happening. Can I see her having a significant role? Sure, but with the way they've set it up I'd be kind of shocked if anyone but Stark took centre stage here (which is as it should be, honestly, he's probably the closest the MCU as a whole has to a single main character).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:01 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, the guys at Marvel put Tony at the center of everything, including Spider-Man movies. Doubt Captain Marvel or anyone else is powerful enough to steal the spotlight away from him in a movie where he's been set up as the emotional center.

I've been teetering on the edge of burnout with the MCU, but I'm still curious about Endgame and might catch Captain Marvel in theaters if only to stay fully caught up.

I really hope Ragnarok becomes more the template for MCU movies going forward - I want more weird team-up movies and crossovers that aren't mega-crossovers.

With the prospect of the Fox-licensed characters coming home to the MCU, I want an adaptation of Triumph & Torment more than anything. That's one of my favorite Marvel stories of all time.
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:04 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Yeah, the guys at Marvel put Tony at the center of everything, including Spider-Man movies. Doubt Captain Marvel or anyone else is powerful enough to steal the spotlight away from him in a movie where he's been set up as the emotional center.

I've been teetering on the edge of burnout with the MCU, but I'm still curious about Endgame and might catch Captain Marvel in theaters if only to stay fully caught up.

I really hope Ragnarok becomes more the template for MCU movies going forward - I want more weird team-up movies and crossovers that aren't mega-crossovers.

With the prospect of the Fox-licensed characters coming home to the MCU, I want an adaptation of Triumph & Torment more than anything. That's one of my favorite Marvel stories of all time.
No idea what that is, but if a good version of Doctor Doom doesn't come in in Stage Four, I'll be disappointed.
I'm not even close to burnout, personally - I could go forever with these!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:11 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah Ragnarok really hit the right ratio of action/comedy/bonkers concepts that I want to see out of this franchise. I’d love to see something like a She-Hulk movie done in that style.
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

No idea what that is, but if a good version of Doctor Doom doesn't come in in Stage Four, I'll be disappointed.
Triumph and Torment is a story where Doctor Strange ends up, for weird arcane reasons, owing a favor to Doctor Doom. Naturally he's a little concerned about that, but Doom doesn't end up wanting anything sinister from him. Doom's request to Strange is that Strange help him rescue the soul of Cynthia von Doom (aka his mom) from Mephisto.

Classic odd couple thing where the odd couple is two wizards that go to Hell to fight the devil.

It's a self-contained OGN that's a great introduction to both characters' comic versions. If you ever make the leap into comics, I really recommend it.
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Hard as ice

One last thing, but I may be the only person in the world who was perturbed by the statement that Captain Marvel would be the strongest character in the universe... not because of the idea of a woman holding that position, but because I play this game too much and can't help but think 'wait a minute, Carol's quite a few points less than Thor'.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

Triumph and Torment is a story where Doctor Strange ends up, for weird arcane reasons, owing a favor to Doctor Doom. Naturally he's a little concerned about that, but Doom doesn't end up wanting anything sinister from him. Doom's request to Strange is that Strange help him rescue the soul of Cynthia von Doom (aka his mom) from Mephisto.

Classic odd couple thing where the odd couple is two wizards that go to Hell to fight the devil.

It's a self-contained OGN that's a great introduction to both characters' comic versions. If you ever make the leap into comics, I really recommend it.
Okay, I want to see that now....

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Triumph & Torment is great. A bit on the short side, but nice Mignola art and it hits the spirit of the characters perfectly. Strange is wary and distant, but ultimately open-minded, while Doom is an egomaniac unwilling to open himself up, who ultimately is his own worst enemy.

I'm a bit worried about MCU Doom. He's not quite like anything else superheroes movies have ever done. I think Magneto is as close as they've gotten, but even he's more on the heroic side in the movies.
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:21 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Triumph & Torment is great. A bit on the short side, but nice Mignola art and it hits the spirit of the characters perfectly. Strange is wary and distant, but ultimately open-minded, while Doom is an egomaniac unwilling to open himself up, who ultimately is his own worst enemy.

I'm a bit worried about MCU Doom. He's not quite like anything else superheroes movies have ever done. I think Magneto is as close as they've gotten, but even he's more on the heroic side in the movies.
Honestly, after Fox screwed him up twice, I kind of trust Marvel not to, especially after the stellar job they've done on Thanos and Loki.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:21 PM
Just A Head

We can just explain to Kevin Feige and crew that their stories aren’t matching up with C3G canon, I’m sure they’ll understand and make the needed changes.

I think to a certain degree that’s just hyperbole to build excitement. I remember a lot of talk around when Black Panther came out about how Shuri is smarter than Stark, but even if that is technically true, she’ll never outdo Stark within the narrative of the movies. He’s basically the main character, and she’s the side character of a side character. I imagine the same will be true for Carol, at least for the time being.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape