Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old July 5th, 2017, 10:28 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Gencon 2017 Event Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Do we know what the dice are going to look like this year? All I gotta say is they should be pretty epic for the GenCon 50th Anniversary
The dice are have been cut and are now in the process of being painted. We will save the reveal until Gencon, but I can tell you that the Kyrie are involved.
Old July 5th, 2017, 01:47 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I'm guessing (hoping) it is for the Valkrill Flagbearer
Old July 6th, 2017, 01:37 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Is there such a thing as being a polite pain in the behind? 'Cuz I and several others I know that are going to Gencon would like to know about the Treasure Glyphs in play. And whether, say Wyrmwalk's, special Treasure Glyph trap will be in effect? I know we got clarity on the standard Power Glyphs.

I can only imagine the ton of work that goes into setting up these events. So I don't ever want to sound ungrateful. Thanks, Gencon Events team for all that you do!

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old July 6th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubianWolf88 View Post
Is there such a thing as being a polite pain in the behind? 'Cuz I and several others I know that are going to Gencon would like to know about the Treasure Glyphs in play. And whether, say Wyrmwalk's, special Treasure Glyph trap will be in effect? I know we got clarity on the standard Power Glyphs.

I can only imagine the ton of work that goes into setting up these events. So I don't ever want to sound ungrateful. Thanks, Gencon Events team for all that you do!

AW88
I'm 99% sure there will be no t glyphs.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 7th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Gen Con officials announced Thursday they have sold out of four-day badges—for the first time in the annual event's 50-year history.

https://www.ibj.com/articles/64468-gen-con-closing-in-on-its-first-sellout-in-50-years
Old July 7th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Wow, I guess I never considered that Gencon itself could sell out. My dad and I just got our badges a couple days ago actually. Hopefully there are people who bought badges and haven't gotten tickets for their Heroscape events yet, since there are still lots of tickets left for those.
Old July 7th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I know we'll be adding some Heroscape events. We just haven't decided which ones, other than the main event.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 7th, 2017, 10:52 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah, it's pretty remarkable, particularly this far in advance.

I wonder what the convention organizers will be doing to expand availability for next year. We've been using the entire convention floor space for a couple years now and last year they started using the stadium for some stuff. They are contracted to stay in Indy through 2021.

I expect we'll see them jack up pass prices, while at the same time pushing more gaming activities out of the convention center to surrounding areas of downtown Indy to make room for more dealer hall. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Gencon move to Chicago in 2022, since it has a much larger convention center.
Old July 7th, 2017, 02:14 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Dang - well I guess I will just get a Saturday badge.
Old July 7th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Or you can get two single-day badges. It's not cheap, but it's what I would do. Also, GM badges may still be available, if there is an opportunity for you to GM for something. ()

= =
Old July 7th, 2017, 03:01 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Just posting because I am unreasonably excited about this. I know we are long past the 'Scape heyday... but that just means I get the meet the diehards like me!

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old July 7th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I had 21 people at my local tournament this past Saturday. Eleven of the 21 had never been to one of my events before; more of them have been at fewer than five tournaments ever.

I believe that there are more players out there right now than there are seats at tournament tables waiting for them. Past the heyday, sure. But diehards only? Not yet. Not yet.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con