Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old January 24th, 2016, 02:30 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: X-Wing

Whoa... don't take me so seriously guys. TRUE, I am not at all familiar with Warhammer stuff. I never wanted gaming models that I had to build and paint myself. I'm in this new Star Wars thing for the long haul too. I was just joking about the fact that this whole genre of gaming with collectible miniatures (and CCG's, etc.) is draining each of our wallets. And I was hinting at the fact that there are still two more Disney SW movies due out, 1st in Dec this year and then again in 2017. We could be seeing ten or twelve more Waves of four space ships in each one. And I tend to buy eight of each small ship and a couple of each large one. That's a lot of money to be spending on toys for entertainment purposes, but I keep telling my wife that it's cheaper than a boat or golfing, because she'd have no clue of what I meant if I said, "Yes honey it is expensive, but at least it's cheaper than "Emm-Tee-Gee or Forty-Kay."

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; February 2nd, 2016 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Kormecked trypogiraffical errores
Old January 24th, 2016, 11:58 AM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker

My only regret is that I didn't get into it when it first came out. But I will catch up with you all. ..... unfortunately for my back account.
Old January 25th, 2016, 01:17 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, my biggest problem with is the realization that I am particularly addicted to games that aren't complete-in-box. What I mean is, I went whole hog in with Heroscape - a game with multiple waves and expansions. Then there was Dice Masters - with their multiple starter sets and tons of blind-purchase expansions.

And, of course, X-Wing. I'm in whole hog on this one too. I have multiples of all the small ships and at least one of each of the ginormous ships. It's an addiction, and a great one to have, I think - as I'm not out at bars or doing stupid things like that - but man, I wish I could have this same fall-in-love-passion for a game that is complete, as is, in the box.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; January 25th, 2016 at 01:18 AM. Reason: But it just wouldn't be the same
Old January 31st, 2016, 05:01 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Wow, I love this game.

Finally beat my brother last night, going 2-1 in 4+ hours of gaming.

First game was me with
Poe Dameron + Proton Torpedoes
Wedge Antilles + PT
Luke Skywalker + PT
Vs.
My brother with
Super-souped-up Slave I (top souped-up, actually, I forgot for this game that you can only have one modification, normally)
Turr Phenir

I got awesome rolls with my initial PT volley and the game was over in 4 rounds or less. I love X-Wings. I want even more of them.

Second game was me with
Corran Horn, Outmaneuver, Proton Torpedoes, Fire Control, and the astromech that let's you target lock and Boost when you're in someone else's firing arc
Poe Dameron, BB-8, PT, Weapons Guidance, and Expose
Vs.
Slave I (souped up again)
9-skill Kirhaxz Fighter pilot w/glitterstim and stuff

I lost this one. There were a couple little things I should have done differently, but they probably wouldn't have been enough to win me the game.

Last game was a 150 point game of me with
Han Solo, Nien Nunb, Luke Skywalker, Cluster Missiles, Millennium Falcon title, Outmaneuver, and maybe another card I forgot
Biggs Darklighter, PT, Shield Upgrade modification, Astromech that let's him spend a target lock to make the attacker reroll
Rookie Pilot, PT
Blue Sq. Novice, PT

Vs. My brother with
Slave I,
Darth Vader,
Turr Phenir,
Kirhaxz fighter

I don't remember what his upgrades were but I do remember that he conceded with only Turr left and Biggs as my only casualty. I opened the game by getting too close to Slave I for the PTs but that let me hammer it with 3 attacks of 4 from the X-Wings at point blank range. I think the Falcon took the Kirhaxz down with the cluster Missiles and then maybe one round of normal attack.

Really fun game, especially once you have enough ships to start fielding fun stuff.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; February 1st, 2016 at 12:10 AM.
Old January 31st, 2016, 07:25 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Do you have the Rebel Transport? Comes with a nice alt X-Wing (Luke's ship) and nice pilots and astromechs!

Also, you'll want to snag the T-70 Expansion, as it comes with some more nice pilots (one of which, Red Ace, likes the Comm Relay from the Tie/Fo expansion) and the Integrated Astromech Mod for X-Wings! (You'll probably want to proxy the IA since it only comes with one.)
Old February 1st, 2016, 12:15 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Do you have the Rebel Transport? Comes with a nice alt X-Wing (Luke's ship) and nice pilots and astromechs!

Also, you'll want to snag the T-70 Expansion, as it comes with some more nice pilots (one of which, Red Ace, likes the Comm Relay from the Tie/Fo expansion) and the Integrated Astromech Mod for X-Wings! (You'll probably want to proxy the IA since it only comes with one.)
I definitely want all of those things. The Rebel Transport looks to be a little more $$ than I plan to spend at once in the near future, but I did notice that it had an X-Wing and a bunch more pilots for it. Thanks for telling me about the alternate paint job though; that's pretty cool.

My next purchase will probably be the Most Wanted set, as it will do the most to open up squad-building for my brother and I. After that I'm considering some more individual ships and maybe another Core Set or two for more X-Wings and TIEs.

--

Have any of you ever tried a really big match? Like 500 points per side on a bigger-than-3'x3' map?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 1st, 2016, 12:44 AM

The Silver King is surprisingly tart

I just want to say how much I love Soontir Fel. I played a 3-man, 4-hour game yesterday and Fel with Push the Limit and a Hull Upgrade managed to kill 5 ships almost single-handlely for me, including 3 kills while he had a single hull left. His maneuverability with Push the Limit installed is unreal. I cannot wait to eventually get some Autothursters, so I can make him even more unkillable.
Old February 1st, 2016, 01:09 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver King View Post
I just want to say how much I love Soontir Fel. I played a 3-man, 4-hour game yesterday and Fel with Push the Limit and a Hull Upgrade managed to kill 5 ships almost single-handlely for me, including 3 kills while he had a single hull left. His maneuverability with Push the Limit installed is unreal. I cannot wait to eventually get some Autothursters, so I can make him even more unkillable.
Once you get the Imperial Aces set, imagine flying 3 Interceptors with 2 mods apiece!

Fel loves PTL, Autothrusters, and Stealth Device. Very hard to hit.

Of course, Crackshot is a nice counter to him. As well as additional stress.
Old February 1st, 2016, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Have any of you ever tried a really big match? Like 500 points per side on a bigger-than-3'x3' map?
Oh gosh no.

Epic games (which uses ships such as the Rebel Transport and other various Epic ships) are set at 300 points, and take 2+ hours (probaly closer to 3).

500 points would be an all-day event.
Old February 1st, 2016, 01:30 AM

The Silver King is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Once you get the Imperial Aces set, imagine flying 3 Interceptors with 2 mods apiece!

Fel loves PTL, Autothrusters, and Stealth Device. Very hard to hit.

Of course, Crackshot is a nice counter to him. As well as additional stress.
Oh, I got the Imperial Aces set, and I love flying three interceptors. Unfortunately, one of my opponents took two of our three available Interceptors after I got Fel.

We don't mind mixing and matching Rebels and Imperials, since we only have 12 ships to choose from at the moment, so the lists were as follows.

Me
-Fel with PTL, HU (the MVP of the match, 5 ship kills (Jax, Poe, Salm, Vader, and A'baht, in that order))

-Wedge (Didn't do much except damage a couple ships and draw attention away from Fel when Fel went down to just one hull left)

-Whisper with ACD (Died first out of all the ships, I was rather disappointed since it was my first time using the Phantom and I had been looking forward to flying it for weeks)

My Friend Anthony
-Darth Vader (Was focused down by all 3 of my ships at the beginning of the match, leaving him with one hull. Unfortunately our third opponent then attacked me, and Vader was able to get away, and came back later with a vengeance after running away most of the fight, downing my Wedge and my other opponent's Turr)

-Salm with SU and BB-8 (the worst ship of the game, was killed in just two turns by my Fel at range 1, without managing to do any damage to anyone.)

-Etahn A'baht with SU (Didn't do much for the first three quarters of the game except avoid people's attacks. He came alive towards the end, helping Vader kill Turr and Wedge. However, he did somehow manage to lose to a one-hull Fel, despite having 1 shield and all of his hulls during the start of their 1 on 1 dogfight......)

My Friend Isaac (Can't remember all of his upgrades unfortunately)
-Jax (killed my Whisper after her shields were gone, didn't do much other than that)

-Turr with PTL and HU (single-handlely brought down my Fel from 4 hulls to one, in one attack. Also brought down 3 of A'Baht's shields.)

-Poe (Didn't do anything besides taking down all of Wedge's shields)
Old February 1st, 2016, 07:28 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
The Rebel Transport looks to be a little more $$ than I plan to spend at once in the near future
I'm in the same boat with the Epic ships. Luckily I split one with MegaSilver and got the X-Wing stuff while he got an extra Transport. Having trouble finding people to split the others with, though, so I'll probably pick them up sooner or later for the 'regular' stuff and to eBay with the rest of it.

Quote:
I love flying Soontir Fel. I'm pretty handy with an Interceptor. Pro tip: figure out where your opponent wants you to go and simply don't go there.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 2nd, 2016, 01:09 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Vs.
My brother with
Super-souped-up Slave I (top souped-up, actually, I forgot for this game that you can only have one modification, normally)
Turr Phenir
~~lol~~
When I first got the Imperial Aces (x4) I wanted to put the Royal Guard Title on ALL of my Tie Fighters and Advanced Ties, etc. since I had not paid attention to the small print that state "This is for Tie Interceptors ONLY." We all make dumb mistakes occasionally and luckily someone at the FLGS will usually call you on it before you get to the Regional Tournament.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures