Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 3rd, 2021, 11:01 PM

Maytrix is surprisingly tart
Re: Competitive 4x400 armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I disagree with Chris on the first army; Raelin is much more essential than the third squad of Greenscales. Raelin makes Nilfheim so much more consistent. It's true that sometimes you can run out of Greenscales, so you need some reps with the army to get a sense of when to switch OMs to Nilfheim so you don't lose turns, but I'm a big fan of Greenscales x2. Worse than running out of Greenscales is running out of dragon. This is your best build.

The Romans build is hard to rate. Evantage did do well with a Romans and Q10 build at Gencon Main Event 2019, but that was in Reverse the Whip, which encourages you to play suboptimal things. He only had 2x Romans and Q10 (along with 2x 4th) which is a tricky army to play. Romans and Q10 don't have a lot of natural synergy, but they're both good. The build you have is probably a little week for 4x400; Romans are almost still too cheap for this format because of the figure limit.

As Chris says, your third army is good but would be way better if you cut the 1x 10th for a third squad of Heavies and upgraded Otonashi to Marcu.

Your Vark build is okay but your weakest. Bahdaur's Spirit can't go on the Greyspears or the Marros which is sad. 400 is a little low for the Varks unfortunately. Their best builds are all 4 Vark squads, but all 4 squads is 410 points.

Thank you for the great insight! I totally agree with you guys on switching the 10th with one more heavy, I figured some range would compliment it. I decided to replace the Vark build as I kind of realized their designed much more for 500 point games. The Nilfheim army is my most confident pick no doubt, I'm thinking the Roman's army may get switched out for Q9/3x Rats/KMA as I'm realizing I need to utilize them in atleast one build. though I do wish I could incorporate more C3V figures, they're just very hard to find and I'm not familiar with their army builds as much. One I considered in place of the varks army I had is, Arktos/Greyspears/B-11/x2 Rats but decided against it eventually as I fear they have too many bad matchups

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion