Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:25 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
700 Pt. Competitive Armies.....or Not

I played a 700 pt. game against my son the other night and it didn't take any longer than a 500 pt. game. So I have decided to do 700 pt, 24 space armies for awhile. I like them opens up for higher point heros/squads.

Here are a few I am playing right now, like Matthias, I prefer melee, so most of these are melee with ranged specials in support.

Nilf
GSW x2
Gilbert
KoW x3
White Wyrm x2

Warforged x3
MGD
Romans x3
Heirloom
Raelin SotM

WL x2
Goblins x3
WoB x2
Rhogar

Macdirks x3
Allister
Jotun
Raelin SotM

What are your ideas?

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:27 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 700 Pt. Competitive Armies.....or Not

Shades x5
Cyprien
Sonya
Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:35 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

220 Tor-Kul-Na
160 Su-Bak-Na
135 Wo-Sa-Ga
180 Nagrubs x6

I think that adds up right...
Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:36 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

I think Steamroller could be really powerful at higher point values. 700 isn't perfect, but there are some options:

Standard 500 pt Steamroller +

Capuans x2 + Marro Warriors for cleanup
Capuans x1 + Rhetarius +?

710 and 730 are completely sick for Steamroller.

Atlaga
Sentinels x4
Raelin
Concan
Isamu?
Old September 3rd, 2010, 10:39 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

When 700 point pops up in our playing group this army usualy pops up
Taelord-180
Cap-400
2xSnipers-600
Zeta-660
Repulsor-700

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old September 3rd, 2010, 10:41 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
I think Steamroller could be really powerful at higher point values. 700 isn't perfect, but there are some options:

Standard 500 pt Steamroller +

Capuans x2 + Marro Warriors for cleanup
Capuans x1 + Rhetarius +?

710 and 730 are completely sick for Steamroller.
At 700, the Steamroller can add the biggest, baddest rat tapper of them all:

Cleveland Steamroller
Spartacus 200
Braxas 410
Greenscales x1 470
Crixus 560
Capuans x2 700
13 spaces

Or
Spartacus 200
Braxas 410
Greenscales x1 470
Capuans x3 680
Marcu 700, 16 spaces

~I know, one squad of anything usually sucks...But the 3 Greenscales can provide just enough of a screen for Braxas to fly in, blast anything that can slow down the roller, and use every bit of those eight lives (and all initial OMs so as not to impede on Inspiration). What's left has to deal with the gladiators.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:35 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Marroking's suggestion reminds me of one I won a mini-tourney with some friends a while back.

180 Taelord
300 Omnicrons x3
220 Minions x2

Order markers can be tricky in the mid-game, but outside of that, it's pretty flexible. I, for one, rather like the Minions "nonding". It allows me to reply to my opponent's moves by either moving Taelord in, if the Minions are not in any danger, or the Minions, if they have something to kill, especially if already inside Taelord's aura. If Taelord is too heavily wounded, pull him back to behind the Snipers. The Minions kill as much as possible, when they die, Taelord and the Snipers just have to wait for the enemy to come to them. This strategy won a small tourney (six armies).
Old September 4th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Running off Dok's championship army, here is my 700 pt. version. I plan to use this one to run my melee armies against.

Q9
Raelin RotV
Rats x3
Krav
Braxas
Otonashi

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:19 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Einar Imperium x3 - 420
Raelin - 500
Kiova - 590
Atlaga - 680
Marcu - 700

Krav might be a better choice than Atlaga/Marcu

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 4th, 2010, 08:30 AM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

Kind of adding to the steamroller theme. Kaemon adds range and special attack.

4X Capuans
Spartacus
Crixus
Kaemon Awa
Isamu

Old September 4th, 2010, 12:18 PM

Now Killercactus got me thinkin...

700 EI x5

Boo-Yah...

These guys can really get around, with 5-move Stealth Flying. This also gives a base to add Bacon, Kiova, or Atlaga, for huge point games...

*Goes off to play-test this*
Old September 4th, 2010, 12:40 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Is marvel allowed? If so...

RED SKULL-190
BRUNAK-300
KELDA THE KYRIE WARRIOR-380
MAJOR Q9-560
ISAMU-570
OTONASHI-580
FEN HY7DRAx1-700

I love Red Skull armies!

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion