Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old August 20th, 2007, 05:27 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
Yep they are indeed $49.95 at Canadian TRU stores. I couldn't believe it when it rang up that high on the register! There was no tag on the shelf for it yet, and I wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't stood in the cashier line for almost 20 minutes at that point. There's NO reason (not even licensing) that TRU should be charging that much for the set. There's nowhere near enough stuff in that box to justify the cost.
Well your Canadian sales tax ridiculously high.

Long live Heroscape.
Old August 20th, 2007, 09:23 PM

Obsidian3d has disabled reputation
Um...the sales tax is 6% where I live, and the fact that CDN and US cash is almost at par right now makes the prices difference really hurt the wallet. I could have bought it online, paid the exchange and shipping and still saved money. :S

Obsidian
Old August 20th, 2007, 09:56 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
I bought mine at Target for $30. I wanted to buy it from WalMart but they kept insisting on not putting it on the shelf. I wrote them to express my displeasure. Their silence speaks volumes of contrition and remorse.
Another brilliantly funny post.

My Walmart must have seen your letter, for I was able to purchase one for the everyday low price of $24.99
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:56 AM

Fracture Woo who?
TRU has it at 30$ here as does target.
Mjier has it at 26$
Wal-Mart has it at 25$
Local gaming store has it for 40$
Old August 24th, 2007, 03:51 PM

Polymer is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by champrjk
I got mine for 14.99 at k b toys.

Naw I really got it for $29.99 at TRU.
Man, you got me champrjk! I haven't been to a kb in years and I was thinking I better check 'em out.

Got mine at TRU $24 with the coupon.
Old August 24th, 2007, 04:31 PM

Madd_Mugsy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by champrjk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
Yep they are indeed $49.95 at Canadian TRU stores. I couldn't believe it when it rang up that high on the register! There was no tag on the shelf for it yet, and I wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't stood in the cashier line for almost 20 minutes at that point. There's NO reason (not even licensing) that TRU should be charging that much for the set. There's nowhere near enough stuff in that box to justify the cost.
Well your Canadian sales tax ridiculously high.

Woohoo for me! I got wave 7 + Marvel from Housemouse weeks ago, and if Marvel's actually selling for $50 here, then that means it was CHEAPER for me to order online from the states and pay the shipping than it would have been for me to just walk into TRU and buy off the shelf and pay GST + PST. Plus Housemouse gets everything months before Canadian TRUs

(Of course I only ended up saving $3-4, but still...)
Old August 24th, 2007, 04:57 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Like $24 at Walmart in the East.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion