Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 3rd, 2019, 10:14 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla--Draft Chosen!

I wanted to give this thread a bump and see if anyone was still interested in pushing this design along.

The wolf-rider figure looks super cool! And is cheap and plentiful! Great!

Looking at the draft you've got in the second post, it also looks cool. I love Elven Battle Call. I also think it's got some neat interactions with Ullar's Battle Dance, which is neato as well. But...

The amount of synergy this design has right now just feels a bit overworked. I remember working on the Kobolds of Idona Keep back in the day and we ended up going crazy with the bonding and synergy and stuff and in the end it was way too much. This is way more restrained, but I think that the two movement based, Ullar/elf leadership type abilities that are activated at the front-line of battle are just too much. I really think a design does more by actively doing less.

Just a thought: maybe we could strip Ullar's Battle Dance and Elven Battle Call back into one movement-based leadership-type ability. I personally am thinking of something like this, right now at least:

After moving the wolf-rider, instead of attacking you may move 3 elf figures up to 6 spaces-ish.

I apologize for the wording but I think you get the idea. I'm not attached to this idea either, but I figured I'd throw it out there. Slap a name on it that mentions howling and you've got leadership, movement, simplicity, AND get the wolf-rider theme across, all in one fell swoop. In any case, I think reigning in the synergy powers of this design and utilizing something simple would go a long ways to tightening this design for a finished product as well as something for the SoV. (less butter, more bread)

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old August 3rd, 2019, 10:46 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla--Draft Chosen!

I drifted away from the project because it ultimately felt like it wasn't going in a direction I was super excited by, but I'd be totally willing to give it another shot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards