Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 8th, 2011, 12:45 AM

Dadnarg434 is surprisingly tart
Funny Stories (bet they've happened to you)

Hey everyone. I have the idea of making a thread for random, crazy events that you've had happen on the Heroscape board. Bet some of the ones below have happened to you. Feel free to share your own experiences

1) To start, overkill on the last attack. Example:
Your Joton's fighting it out with the enemy's Tor-Kul-Na. Their trading blows back and forth, both racking up the wounds. It lasts a round and a bit, and you get the Tor-Kul-Na down to one life left. Your Joton's almost dead too. Then, on a final attack, you suddenly roll eight skulls for your Joton's attack, and the opposing player rolls no shields. LOL, Overkill for one life left. Why couldn't that have happened at the beginning?

2) Your deathwalker 9000 falls to an attack from a Marro Warrior, whose two levels down. You roll no shields.

3) Your Kee-Mo-Shi gets mind shackeled by the enemy Ne-Gok-Sa.

4) In the excitement of a 4-player game, you forgot to add in Raelin's defense aura when defending against a critical attack. You realize it two turns later, after your defending character is dead.

5) You forget to roll for your airborn elite drop in for the first half of the game. Oops.

6) You accidently place your order marker on the wrong card. They were both ullar, your were in a hurry...

Anyway, please share your own experiences. (I know many of the ones above are noob mistakes, but Im sure they've still happened)

Check out my new gigantic customs and my
custom thread,
As well as my fan fic:
"The Rise of Hel"
Old February 8th, 2011, 01:11 AM

Biggie is surprisingly tart
Re: Funny Stories (bet they've happened to you)

I was having a game with a friend. We both had Venoc Vipers in our army. So in the heat of battle I moved my DW 9000 away from what I thought was my VV. No... passing swipe killed my DW 9000!

It's just a "game"?
Old February 8th, 2011, 01:37 AM

Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker

So my brother kills all my army except Morgrimm Forgehammer, while he maintains the core of his army including Moltenclaw, Sujoah, and X17. Forgehammer proceeds to cut a path of victory through all of his figures (with increasingly loud shouts of "dwarven fury") until he is brutally murdered by Isamu. A tragic end for a mighty hero indeed.
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larmo View Post
So my brother kills all my army except Morgrimm Forgehammer, while he maintains the core of his army including Moltenclaw, Sujoah, and X17. Forgehammer proceeds to cut a path of victory through all of his figures (with increasingly loud shouts of "dwarven fury") until he is brutally murdered by Isamu. A tragic end for a mighty hero indeed.
Never bet against a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:19 AM

LazySoul4 Woo who?

Playing my soldier army:

Marcus
Me-Burq-Sa
Crixus
Isamu
Romans x2
10th x2

Map was Quasatch PLayground. Romans got the high point in the center and held for 2 rounds until I thought i had less than a full squad (thought I had 2 left) and began pullin back. Paused the game for a pizza run and upon walking around the board realized I in fact had a full squad of Romans, the jungle brush line of sight blockers had blocked my line of sight!
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:42 AM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larmo View Post
Never bet against a ninja.
In a tournament game against wriggz, it came down to my Isamu vs Nilfhiem with a few lives left, a few Greenscales and another Isamu. The Utgar Ninja gets an attack bonus when attacking a Jandar figure, so Nilfhiem went down quickly, then slowly started going through the Greenscales while Vanishing and defending. A few turns later it was Isamu vs Isamu, he attacked first but my d20 was hot, next turn I win the game. Wriggz actually out played me that game, if he really wanted to he could have drew back his Nilfhiem and called time (since it was around 50mins of play), but he's not that kind of player. Plus, he probably had no clue my Isamu had Martial Arts training from the Legend, Bruce Lee. If it wasn't for that win, I wouldn't have won the tournament two games later. Thank you, little Ninja.

Tournament wise, that was probably the craziest/closest game I have ever had. Another cool tournament moment was when a neutral Monster (Sujoah) did his Poison Sting on a full life opponents Silver Surfer and rolled a 20!

More crazy stuff happens at home though...
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:58 AM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker

I recently played a game with 2 other friends. Overall, it was a nasty little free-for-all, but my army, for some reason, took the brunt of the hits. I was left with Isamu on 2 kinda half-dead armies. I thought I was dead. 10 minutes later, my Isamu was starting down a 1 life left Laglor for the win. I thought I had it then, but a lucky initiative roll gave Laglor the go. He rolled his autoload 12 times against my poor little ninja, and never got a single skull. My little Isamu moved up, but fell a space short. Laglor then rolled an attack of 1, which blasted through my evade, defense (I had height, yay!) and dropped poor little Isamu like a rock. It was one of those finishes that left all 3 of us staring at the board like "what just happened?"

BoneSnap's Customs
Helm's Deep
Old February 8th, 2011, 08:33 AM

Ryuu Woo who?

Yea, me and my boys play Realin some time, and for many round we forgot to use is Defending Aura. I don't like this kind of power for this reason, beside that defending aura is great, but you need to keep it in mind every time.

I realiy like Migrimm forgehammer !!!, In one of my game, he guard the castle agains many foe without diying because of is automatic shield agains normal attack

Signé par : Ryuu
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:38 PM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

I was playing a teamed game a few years back and I was using James Murphy. One of the opponent players had a nice cluster of Venoc Vipers. I announce that I'm going to use my Shotgun Blast Special, since all I needed was one skull to do away with all of them.

0 skulls!

The only thing that would have made this better was if I followed up by saying, "snakes... Why did it have to be snakes?" (Indiana Jones quote.)
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:38 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lastgame we played, my son attacked my Major Q10 with a Dzu-Teh. I know! Crazy, huh? He rolled all skulls (4) for attack. I rolled all skulls for defense.

Major Q10 taken out with a single swipe from the yeti's club.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:55 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

The first time I played with Kaemon I lost him to the first attack of the game. I didn't play with him again for a long time.
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:41 PM

InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker InfraredFog knows what's in an order marker

Had a really close game the other day where I forgot a Chilling Touch on an opponent's Marcu that would have assured me the victory.

That same game I accidentally put a non-X order marker on Sonya instead of Cyprien because the two cards looked so similar at a glance to me. Luckily my opponent let me redo it as it was obvious my Sonya back in the start zone wasn't what I intended.

How many times in a row have you and your opponent rolled the same initiative? Happened three times in a row the other day, it was hilarious.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion