Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 10th, 2011, 10:32 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Well if it makes you feel any better Matt, I'll be envious of you having Dominion Cornicopia, as it will be a while before I'll pick that up. I'm getting Thunderstone Dragonspire with my LOTR games and that will be my first Thunderstone set. I've been wanting to try it since I got into Dominion and heard that Thunderstone was also really good, and I got it at a really good price, so that helped convince me.

I guess that means we'll both have something to look forward to in the near future, my friend.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I always like to remind all buyers of Thunderstone to remember to pick up free promo packs from BGG and AEG!

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Well if it makes you feel any better Matt, I'll be envious of you having Dominion Cornicopia, as it will be a while before I'll pick that up. I'm getting Thunderstone Dragonspire with my LOTR games and that will be my first Thunderstone set. I've been wanting to try it since I got into Dominion and heard that Thunderstone was also really good, and I got it at a really good price, so that helped convince me.

I guess that means we'll both have something to look forward to in the near future, my friend.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I always like to remind all buyers of Thunderstone to remember to pick up free promo packs from BGG and AEG!
Thanks for the heads up Matt. I filled out the info on AEG's site for their promo pack. I'll check the BGG one later.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:36 AM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
For the 1st time in a few years I played Poker (over the weekend). Very small stakes game at a family party, which is probably why I won.
Congrats!!!
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:41 AM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker

We have been playtesting "The Earth Shook" lately and had a six player (two team) session last night. The game is coming along nicely and we are getting ready to design the next set of add-in modules. The game is basically a Battle Tech lite game with customizable Mechs and a simultaneous Move/Maneuver mechanic to eliminate the I Go / U Go element of Battle Tech. I am a huge fan of simultaneous action games. I find that initiative rolls can be such a significant imbalance to some games.
Old May 11th, 2011, 02:25 PM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
I am a huge fan of simultaneous action games. I find that initiative rolls can be such a significant imbalance to some games.
Ain't it the truth! I've won games that I shouldn't have because of a sustained run of luck gaining initiative. By the same token, I've lost when I was trapped into a cycle of always reacting.

Not one step backwards!
Old May 11th, 2011, 02:28 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
We have been playtesting "The Earth Shook" lately and had a six player (two team) session last night. The game is coming along nicely and we are getting ready to design the next set of add-in modules. The game is basically a Battle Tech lite game with customizable Mechs and a simultaneous Move/Maneuver mechanic to eliminate the I Go / U Go element of Battle Tech. I am a huge fan of simultaneous action games. I find that initiative rolls can be such a significant imbalance to some games.
So, Wings of War with customized 'mechs?

!!!!

Old May 11th, 2011, 03:34 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I ain't played nutin' all week.

Starting to get the shakes........

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old May 11th, 2011, 05:04 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

2 games of Monopoly. We've been playing so much Monopoly recently it is just nuts. But it's a fun time, I enjoy it.

Also been getting in like 2 games of Summoner Wars a night recently. Good times.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Any of you guys play Earth Reborn or Battlelore? I've been looking at them on BGG & considering making the investment. Or maybe I should just wait for Battleship Galaxies, if I want to get an unpainted mini game?

I'm not interested in a GW-like simulation-fest, where you spend the game hunting through books looking for charts and measuring things with a ruler. I'm looking for something Scape-like, I suppose, though maybe a bit deeper, and something that can be taken out & put away a little easier.

Thoughts?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

I've played Battlelore. The basic version is a little too simple for my tastes, and it still takes long enough that 8-10s probably wouldn't like it much either. I haven't tried the advanced version yet, but it seemed pretty interesting. I think the expansions make it significantly more interesting. It's a pretty good game, similar to 'scape in complexity.

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks.

A quick "GeekAnalyze" tells me happyjosiah, jim, and HEH have all played it, and jim and HEH both own it and happyjosiah rated it an 8. HEH, however, indicates he does not play it, which is a bad sign considering one of his gaming partners is, like mine, an urchin.

Oh, Jim?

Battlelore, Earth Reborn, wait for Battleship Galaxies, something else, or don't bother with unpainted minis when I have Heroscape?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 12th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you're looking for a similar experience to Heroscape, I'll take this opportunity (once again) to suggest "A Song of Blades and Heroes". The rules are sold online for $8 I believe. From there, you can use any miniatures you like. You could use Heroscape, if you desire, but myself I opted not to, as I already associate Heroscape figures with a certain power and ability. I purchases scores of DnD minis from Auggies to play this game.

The game is simple, there are a set list of abilities that can be applied to each figure, along with a Quality and Combat value, so its very simple. Distances are measures, but it is only one of three distances (short, medium or long) so its not complex. Take a look at the Song of Blades and Heroes thread where you can find some battle reports and other reviews.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games