Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 4th, 2012, 02:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: caps' customs - 6/1/12 - New customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
What do you think of the Customs themselves?
They look fun to play. However, they don't seem like Heroscape figures to me. I don't know why, but for some reason they seem like they're for a different game. A little too, I don't know, maybe fantasy-video-gamey?

Also, I don't like them being called "Champions." They don't seem like Champions, more like Elites or something of that nature.

I don't think Counter Sniper needs "always."

I have no idea about the point costs.
What makes them feel video-gamey? Is it the elf/dwarf/human combo or something in their abilities? Do you have a suggestion for a new name for Counter Sniper I don't really think it fits.

Elites is a great idea! I'll try it. Champions didn't seem quite right to me either, although I think it works.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 4th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I agree in that they shouldn't be called champions. If their class is going to be fighter, then their name should reflect that. I'm not sure about an alternative.

As for the League Captain, he's overpowered. The easiest way to fix it would be to alter League Command to read, "After revealing an order marker on this League Captain and instead of taking a turn with this League Captain, you may take a turn with up to three fighter common heroes you control. " as opposed to the current version which allows you to take a turn with the Captain and 3 fighter heroes.
Old June 4th, 2012, 02:49 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
I agree in that they shouldn't be called champions. If their class is going to be fighter, then their name should reflect that. I'm not sure about an alternative.

As for the League Captain, he's overpowered. The easiest way to fix it would be to alter League Command to read, "After revealing an order marker on this League Captain and instead of taking a turn with this League Captain, you may take a turn with up to three fighter common heroes you control. " as opposed to the current version which allows you to take a turn with the Captain and 3 fighter heroes.
I don't understand why League Command is overpowered. The idea is that the league pseudo-squad bonds with him. In theory, other bonding heroes for this squad could also be created with the League Command ability.

I replaced the League Captain. I guess I should update the OP. Please see these posts.

If I made it the way you're suggesting, then the only benefit of putting a marker on Fingulf (the new captain), would be the flexibility of taking a turn with him OR with them, since the three of them can already take a turn together as a pseudo-squad via League of Heroes.

--
--
--

--
Old June 4th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

I don't understand why League Command is overpowered. The idea is that the league pseudo-squad bonds with him. In theory, other bonding heroes for this squad could also be created with the League Command ability.

I replaced the League Captain. I guess I should update the OP. Please see these posts.

If I made it the way you're suggesting, then the only benefit of putting a marker on Fingulf (the new captain), would be the flexibility of taking a turn with him OR with them, since the three of them can already take a turn together as a pseudo-squad via League of Heroes.
Ah, I see. Makes some sense. Still, he may be slightly overpowered (if I'm interpreting this right) in that he can take a turn, destroy a figure, then bond, then take a turn, destroy a figure, bond, so on and so forth. Point bump at 20 points, maximum. Though I haven't playtested him and the champions, so I could certainly be overestimating their abilities.
Old June 4th, 2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah, I see. Makes some sense. Still, he may be slightly overpowered (if I'm interpreting this right) in that he can take a turn, destroy a figure, then bond, then take a turn, destroy a figure, bond, so on and so forth. Point bump at 20 points, maximum. Though I haven't playtested him and the champions, so I could certainly be overestimating their abilities.
I'm not sure I see where you're getting that from. Fingulf is a Unique Warlord hero. After revealing an order marker on him, you can take a turn with three common Fighter heroes.

The Fighter heroes, meanwhile, have the option after revealing on order marker of either lesser-bonding with a Unique Fighter hero, or their pseudo-sqaud bonding with each other.

So there should be three scenarios:

1. OM on Fingulf - take a turn with Fingulf, then 3 common Fighter heroes
total activations: Fingulf once + 3 common Fighter heroes, once each

2. OM on common Fighter Hero w/League bonding - take a turn w/OM-figure, then one unique Fighter hero (not Fingulf)
total activations: common Fighter hero once, Unique Fighter hero once

3. OM on common Fighter Hero w/League bonding - take a turn w/OM-figure, then two other common Fighter heroes
total activations: three common Fighter Heroes, once each

Did I miss something in the way I worded the powers?

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; June 4th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:42 PM

Second batch of playtests
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Fingulf
Spoiler Alert!

Human Elite
Spoiler Alert!

Dwarf Elite
Spoiler Alert!

Elf Elite
Spoiler Alert!

The change list is mostly things I've mentioned before. I'm bumping Fingulf's normal attack up to 4 so he has a little more kick. Also I'm dropping all of the elites points back to 30. There just aren't enough of them otherwise. Finally, I changed League of Heroes to allow a turn with a Unique Ranger hero--a little shout-out to Brandis Skyhunter, who needs all the help he can get. I may have to develop a cheerleader for these guys. The Human Elite in particular seems to lack any punch--I don't want him to become like the earth elemental or the white wyrmling.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; June 7th, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old June 8th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: caps' customs - 6/6/12

Looking great, caps. However, unless I'm sure I'm going to be facing a low-defense swarm army, why would I want any Humans over Dwarves?

Old June 9th, 2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Looking great, caps. However, unless I'm sure I'm going to be facing a low-defense swarm army, why would I want any Humans over Dwarves?
That is the question I keep asking myself. Any suggestions?

--
--
--

--
Old June 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:

That'd be pretty easy. Either make him cheaper than the Dwarf (you-can-have-more incentive) or change Following Strike into some kind of SA that is useful against Rats & Goblins (which the other two are weak against). Maybe this?

*SOMETHING* (Whirlwind, maybe?) STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
A Human Elite may attack any or all figures adjacent to him when attacking with *Something* Strike Special Attack. Roll each attack separately.

That, combined with Heroic Resolve, would make him awesome against Rat & Goblin swarms in particular. Would also be decent against other swarms. Probably worth more than 30 though...

Old June 9th, 2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That'd be pretty easy. Either make him cheaper than the Dwarf (you-can-have-more incentive) or change Following Strike into some kind of SA that is useful against Rats & Goblins (which the other two are weak against). Maybe this?

*SOMETHING* (Whirlwind, maybe?) STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
A Human Elite may attack any or all figures adjacent to him when attacking with *Something* Strike Special Attack. Roll each attack separately.

That, combined with Heroic Resolve, would make him awesome against Rat & Goblin swarms in particular. Would also be decent against other swarms. Probably worth more than 30 though...
That's a very good idea. Maybe I'll roll Following Strike into a special attack.

EDIT: How does this look?

FOLLOWING STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3. When attacking with Following Strike Special Attack, you may choose a figure that is also adjacent to the attacking Human Elite. If the defending figure receives any wounds from Following Strike Special attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

or maybe this (odds aren't as good, but its a little simpler)

Range 1. Attack 3. When attacking with Following Strike Special Attack, you may choose a figure that is also adjacent to the attacking Human Elite. If the defending figure receives any wounds from Following Strike Special attack, roll an attack die. If a skull is rolled, the chosen figure receives one wound.

--
--
--

--

Last edited by caps; June 9th, 2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to awesomeunleashed again.
Old June 9th, 2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Range 1. Attack 3. When attacking with Following Strike Special Attack, you may choose a figure that is also adjacent to the attacking Human Elite. If the defending figure receives any wounds from Following Strike Special attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.
Fixed. That might work. Unfortunately, it's not as good as Following Strike when attacking non-Rat/Goblin/Counter Strike figures because you can't use height advantage. Still, it's probably worth a shot.

Edit: Second version works too.

Old June 9th, 2012, 10:43 AM

I implemented your changes.

Quote:
Unfortunately, it's not as good as Following Strike when attacking non-Rat/Goblin/Counter Strike figures because you can't use height advantage. Still, it's probably worth a shot.
I dropped the d20 roll to 9, to make up for the height thing. Tandros gets it every time, so I think its okay if this guy gets it 60% of the time, especially since the attack roll is lower than Tandros' and can't be boosted by anything. As an upside, my SA does allow non-squad figures to be affected, as Tandros' Cleave really should have.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards