Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 4th, 2008, 01:54 PM

HeroscaperHuh has disabled reputation
Enemies are Friends?

Why are the new 10th Reg Soldiers on the same side of the field as the 4th Mass? The 4th Mass or obviously American Revolution Soldiers fighting for their freedom, and the 10th Reg are obviously British. So, when they see a Dragon, do they just forget their differences and fight along side each other? I'm hoping this is resolved in their Bio. Opinions?

Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Enemies are Friends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscaperHuh View Post
Why are the new 10th Reg Soldiers on the same side of the field as the 4th Mass? The 4th Mass or obviously American Revolution Soldiers fighting for their freedom, and the 10th Reg are obviously British. So, when they see a Dragon, do they just forget their differences and fight along side each other? I'm hoping this is resolved in their Bio. Opinions?
1) this should have gone in the discussion on the 10th.
2) the Historical 10th did not fight in the American Revolution.
3) THe American's and British have allied themselves many times throughout history
4) when faced with the option of shooting at each other or at those fleshy dudes, the big dragon, the orcs and Taelord what do you think they are going to choose?
Old June 4th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Heh. 4th Mass says: "I really want to shoot those damned redcoats but that big, scary, demon looking guy kind of draws my attention."

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old June 4th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

They're on Valhalla now. They don't care about taxation without representation any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 4th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Unless Jandar trys to pull the same stunt...

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:05 PM

Armydillo978 is surprisingly tart

Actually, I'd disagree about sticking this in one of the current 10th Foot threads. Specially when they're over 200 some odd messages, and currently seem to be talking about who's better, and how to tactically, or strategically use the 10th.

I could be wrong. But it gets awful cumbersome to put everything about a topic into one or two threads, and then go back and look for what you want in particular.

Besides, I think this topic really is different. It's about how the soldiers would react to each other and the threats around them.

From my experiences, many of the soldiers in the armies I trained with, or against, were really not that different than ours. They have a lot in common. As such, most of the ones I've worked with would easily overlook a political or personal issue and take on a greater threat.

You can't kill the enemy if your both killed by a big o'mean nasty beastie.

Bill
----------------
What would Zim do?

What would Rasczak say?
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:06 PM

HeroscaperHuh has disabled reputation

A couple of those^ posts were funny...others weren't. Who are the 10th Reg then? They look like redcoats from the Rvo War to me...but seeing as I'm always wrong...

P.S. Do I get an award for using ... three times in a post?

Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
A couple of those^ posts were funny...others weren't. Who are the 10th Reg then? They look like redcoats from the Rvo War to me...but seeing as I'm always wrong...

They are British Soldiers, just not from the American Revolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamski View Post
Ahh, let's see. The real 10th Regiment of Foot, raised in 1685 as Greville's Regt, became 10th Foot in 1751 and then the Linconshire Regt in 1881. As Red Coats, they fought in the Peninsular War 1808-1814. They wouldn't of fought in the Revolutionary War, unfortunately.

Great unit, though!! Awesome stats....

-Ski
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
No... It's been done before... And it isn't really hard to do, either...

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." ~Anon.

"Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows.” ~Bill Shakespeare

Newb.
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

A followup post in that thread corrected that. The 10th Regiment of Foot did, indeed, see action in the American Revolutionary War:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10th_Regiment_of_Foot

Quote:
The regiment next saw action during the American Revolutionary War at the Battle of Lexington and Concord, Battle of Bunker Hill, New York Campaign, Battle of Germantown, Battle of Monmouth and the Battle of Rhode Island.
The Battle of Lexington and Concord was the outbreak of the war, and when the American soldiers first fired on the British, Ralph Waldo Emerson later called it the "shot heard round the world."
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:20 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No...I do it all the time...No one really knows why though...I sure don't...do you? HA! 4.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion