Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 28th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: PreNovember PreRelease D&D Wave 3 Speculation & Informat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
They said he has only one power and it is a new mechanic.
Huh. Guess I missed that somewhere in the last 3,300 posts!
So did I. I'm a little sad at the idea of a Warforged unit without WARFORGED RESOLVE. I know its uncreative of me, but I love that ability as a thematic toughness.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to be content with new awesome.
There are knight heroes without Coward's Reward and Samurai heroes without counterstrike...

Don't be sad.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:35 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
...so as long as the new Warforged isn't DW7K, everything should be fine.
What? No love for the 7000? I'm actually considering taking him to a 550pt, heroes only tourney the week before NHSD. So what if he's never actually worked out for me!

On topic, if Siege doesn't have Warforged Resolve, we can probably expect him to be pretty thick. Maybe 6+ life, with 5 defense? Or maybe it's a defensive power combined with a high normal attack. Conversely, if he's only got the one power, I'm inclined to think that it's an offensive power (maybe special attack) that incorporates a new mechanic.

I remember a custom Wolverine that one of my friends made a few years back.
Quote:
When Wolverine destroys an opponent's sm/med figure with Berserker Rage Special Attack, you may immediately move Wolverine to any adjacent empty space and attack with Berserker Rage Special Attack again.
I'm not saying that there aren't all kinds of gray areas involved in a power like this one, but when I think of a 'juggernaut', the first thing that comes to mind is a big, menacing guy whose way you don't want to be in.

Yes, I know that last sentence ended in a prepositional phrase...I'm feeling lazy today...so sue me!
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

I like that Wolverine custom, but I doubt that's Siege's mechanic. Hopefully tomorrow will fly by so I can read the preview ASAP.
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:00 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
...so as long as the new Warforged isn't DW7K, everything should be fine.
What? No love for the 7000? I'm actually considering taking him to a 550pt, heroes only tourney the week before NHSD. So what if he's never actually worked out for me!

On topic, if Siege doesn't have Warforged Resolve, we can probably expect him to be pretty thick. Maybe 6+ life, with 5 defense? Or maybe it's a defensive power combined with a high normal attack. Conversely, if he's only got the one power, I'm inclined to think that it's an offensive power (maybe special attack) that incorporates a new mechanic.

I remember a custom Wolverine that one of my friends made a few years back.
Quote:
When Wolverine destroys an opponent's sm/med figure with Berserker Rage Special Attack, you may immediately move Wolverine to any adjacent empty space and attack with Berserker Rage Special Attack again.
I'm not saying that there aren't all kinds of gray areas involved in a power like this one, but when I think of a 'juggernaut', the first thing that comes to mind is a big, menacing guy whose way you don't want to be in.

Yes, I know that last sentence ended in a prepositional phrase...I'm feeling lazy today...so sue me!
Interesting....... (now to build a counter dw7000 army.....)
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:13 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
Interesting....... (now to build a counter dw7000 army.....)
Deadeye Dan, Black Wyrmlings, Splash Damage, the list goes on and on.

There's several ways to nullify Defense or use DW7K's skills against him.

As to the Wolverine Custom...That isn't a new mechanic in the slightest. Just some different ones put together into a cool power.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; September 28th, 2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason: forgot a dot.
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:30 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I don't like how sometimes they change a class of a figure so it doesn't work with certain other group of figures.

Like Death Knights are not Knights, they are Death Knights. This kind of thing irks me.

But overall ive been happy with the design team overall.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:45 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I don't like how sometimes they change a class of a figure so it doesn't work with certain other group of figures.

Like Death Knights are not Knights, they are Death Knights. This kind of thing irks me.

But overall ive been happy with the design team overall.
Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but I think it's a necessary evil to avoid power creep (that or the units would have to be much more expensive to draft).

-insert signature here-
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:50 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
I like that Wolverine custom, but I doubt that's Siege's mechanic. Hopefully tomorrow will fly by so I can read the preview ASAP.
Yeah, I'm in no way saying that I think Siege will have that sort of power; I was just giving an example of the kind of offensive special power that would make me get my figures out of the way.

@killergoat72
- Maybe I'm just giving a bit of intentional misinformation....or maybe not! We'll just have to wait and see...

Mwahahahahahaha!
Old September 28th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Well the main reaosn is because Death Knights and Knights are not the same. That is why they are Death Knights.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old September 28th, 2010, 11:38 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I once made a custom with a juggernaut charge attack. The custom had a move of 6, range of 1 and an attack of 3. When the character attacked another figure, it would add the number of spaces between the start of its move and the the figure it attacked to its base attack.

Another possibility is that it can charge through existing figures, either destroying them or pushing them back.
Old September 28th, 2010, 11:50 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
Well the main reaosn is because Death Knights and Knights are not the same. That is why they are Death Knights.
But Phantom Knights and Knights ARE the same???

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old September 29th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
But Phantom Knights and Knights ARE the same???
A knight was a member of the warrior class of the Middle Ages in Europe who followed a code of law called "chivalry".

A death knight is a mighty warrior animated as an undead creature by the gods of death, evil deities, demon lords, or other malevolent forces.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News