Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 14th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
South Florida Game Days: NHSD 2011--who's in?!

The Dice Tower Con is coming - Join us in Orlando, July 5-8 - Best 4 days of Gaming in Florida!

Last edited by 1Mmirg; May 21st, 2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: updates
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:18 PM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart
Re: June South Florida Game Day

1Mmirg, the tournament sounds great. I'm okay with either an entry fee or bringing prizes. I would love to do it when I have my boys, if it's possible, which is on the weekends of June 6, 7, 8 and 20, 21, 22.

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |
Old May 14th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I kind of like the weekend after. It gives us a little leeway if Wave 8 delivery is slowed for any reason and some time to think of ways to maybe use those figures in the game as well.

Also, my summer teaching ends on the 19, so that is an extra bonus for me and my schedule. How does the 21 look to people?

If it is a tournament it will need to be a most-of-the-day kind of thing (assuming we have at least 12 people, which is where we've been at recently). At least 4-5 hours, I'd say, maybe more.

Previous Tourney Plans (old message):

UPDATED INFO

The June South Florida Tournament will be on June 21 beginning at 11am (I will start setting up earlier, at least 10am, and hope that a few people can join me) at War n Pieces. Starting at 11am means just that. I encourage everyone to be there at 10:30. If you are not present and ready to play at 11, we'll have to give you a forfeit to another player. I know this sounds harsh, but for this to work, we have to keep it organized and moving.

Bring your own armies (or work something out ahead of time with Blue Dane, so that you are ready to play at the tourney's beginning). I'm saying only 400 points, to help move things along (let me know if that is unacceptable for anyone), and for this time, let's stick to Classic Heroscape.

50 min. games, with partial point totals for unfinished matches (i.e. at 50 min. the games will be called, units will be tabulated using the "Fractional Scoring" Rules in G-Bob's Tourney Rules. (Hopefully 400 points will keep us mostly all done within 50 min., but there are bound to be some exceptions.)

Schedule (rough for now, as it depends on how many show):
10:00-11:00 - Arrive at
War n Pieces, instructions
11:00-4:00 - Begin Round 1 (each round 50 minutes, plus 10 in between for next round prep)
4:00-5:00 - PRIZES!!! Clean up

We will use only BoV maps. These maps have been chosen in this thread (just follow the BoV link):

Mole Hills
Fire Isles
Embattled Fen
Road Rampage

I am thinking of doing a double-elimination tournament. I need to do a bit more research (or someone else can take the lead on this), but I think GrungeBob's Tourney Rules (also in my Index) are a good basic start.

Entry fee: $5 (Pool of money goes toward prizes for top three players; also HouseMouse has committed a $25 gift certificate and War Gamers Headquarters has sent $50 in gift certificates ($30/$20).)

We will use the famous "non-lethal" glyphs. Most BoV maps have places for two of these to be placed randomly.

GLYPHS:
Common Attack +1
Unique Attack +1
Defense +1
Move +2
Initiative +8
d20 +1

EXCEPTION: Embattled Fen uses a single Wound Glyph as part of the challenge and strategy of the map. Unless you all have a problem with this, I believe that the Wound Glyph in this case makes sense to use for this map.

Win/Loss, then Strength of Schedule, then Point Differential will determine rankings.**
**Rankings:
Win/Loss is the highest level of rank. A better Win/Loss (W/L) ratio will always beat better Strength of Schedule (SoS).
SoS breaks W/L ties. A better SoS will always beat better Point Differential.
Point Differential breaks SoS ties. Point Differentials are the amount of damage done to opponents' armies and include partial points (i.e. Agent Carr with 2 wounds at the end of the round is worth 50 points). (Shamelessly stolen from Necro's Florida Frenzy)

A+ units (see spider_poison's list, in my Index) will count against you if you are tied with someone for points (more on this forthcoming); they are discouraged, but allowed.

A+
4th Mass. Line (70*)
Deathreavers (40*)
Major Q9 (180)
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior-ROTV (80)

Coming, so far (16--who-hoo! We hit our goal! More are still welcome though...):
1Mmirg +1
Blue Dane +2
justncaseur1-2 +1
goodlatte
himsati
Sisyphus
Mike +3
rudyvalentine +1

Anyone else? Anyone bringing anyone else with them?

<More to come>

Original Post:

Sorry this has been slow in coming, but I have been having issues getting in contact with Joey (apparently my university email doesn't cooperate well with some of the big email providers--yahoo, hotmail, etc.--very frustrating). EDIT: We will be at War n Pieces again.

Anyhow, Joey is still interested in doing a Wave 8/8.5 Release Day game tournament--if we want to.

So weigh in now. Tell me what you think.

Questions to consider:

When do we meet? Fridays War n Pieces has other events and there are conflicts with parts of the weekend as well--however, he has a whole another section (a couple of doors down) that he can reserve for tournaments (!). So we are somewhat open. I can't do Sundays, but that doesn't mean that we can't plan something on a Sunday.

Please list a top 1-3 options, since we are unlikely to be able to have everyone's first choice work out.
Do we want a tournament? This means about a $5 entry fee (or a bring-a-prize related to HS entry fee) and a much more structured set-up. Likely a double-elimination is possible, since we are a small group, but we'll have to have 50-min. games with scoring to make a tournament work.

Tell me what you all think...

OLD POST:

It's time for another full tourney. Got to celebrate D1 coming out and get the competitive juices flowing.

What: Swiss style Heroscape Tournament with Final Four

Why: New Heroscape!

When: Saturday, April 10, 11am-6pm (full schedule forthcoming)

Where: CoolStuff in South Florida

5655 S. University Dr.
Davie, FL 33328

954-680-3929

$5 entry fee (goes to winnings pot--in store credit)

445 point armies (what do you think?) Bring whatever you like (no SOS mods)

24 space start zones

Likely Maps (tell me what you think):
Elswin Plateau by Mooseman

Fossil by R˙chean

Striking Distance by Dignan

Hot Heights

Invasion

Question: Since there are no current D&D BOV maps, what are your thoughts about including Underground Iceways?

More details:

50 min. Swiss rounds; 4-people final (with partial point totals for unfinished matches (i.e. at 50 min. the games will be called, units will be tabulated using the "Fractional Scoring" Rules in GrungeBob's Tourney Rules.)

Rough Schedule:
(9:00-10:30 - Set-up)
11:00-11:30 - Arrive, register, receive first map assignment (please be on time)
11:30-12:20 - First Round
12:30-1:20 - Second Round
1:30-2:20 - Third Round
2:30-3:20 - Fourth Round
3:30-4:00 - Score tabulations (4 semi-finalists determined), general prizes awarded, break for snacks/food
4:00-4:50 - Semi-Finals (Fifth Round for those interested)
5:00-5:50 - Finals (free play for everyone else)
6:00-6:30+ - Prizes, takedown, etc.

Glyphs:
Common Attack +1
Unique Attack +1
Defense +1
Move +2
Initiative +8
d20 +1
Healing
Wound

Prizes:
Miniature Market - 2 cases of Wave 11 boosters
Wargamers Headquarters - 3 gift certificates ($15, $10, and $10), as well as 4 Wargamers HQ T-shirts
Troll and Toad - a case of the Wave 11 boosters
HouseMouse - $25 gift certificate
and, maybe, just maybe, a custom dice tower from rudyvalentine--sweet!
(These guys are all awesome--be sure to support those that support our events and this site!)

RSVPs so far:
Winter +1
Mmirg's Princess
Mmirg
rottiepaws
Mr. Jumpy
Brian ?
Boondocksaint (+2?)
rudyvalentine
Roderick2012
justncaseur1-2
Grail
Blue Dane clan (3) ?

Last edited by 1Mmirg; June 1st, 2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old May 14th, 2008, 07:25 PM

justncaseur1-2 has disabled reputation

21 looks good to me and i vote for 5$ fee

Your Turn!!!
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:18 PM

WinterIsComing is surprisingly tart

The 21st is bad for me. The 19th through the 30th I will be out of town for work. .

Valar Morghulis
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:34 PM

himsati knows what's in an order marker himsati knows what's in an order marker

I'm out of town the 3rd - 13th, so the later in June better chance I can make this one.
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Adrian Monk

And we are back to the impossibility of matching all schedules...

Well, keep posting your options and we'll see when the majority can come. Also, I still need to confirm with Joey on location availability, so that could skew things as well.

Since we are looking for a majority, let me know how many people you represent.

Also, don't forget to mention your thoughts on doing a tourney or not.

OLD MESSAGE (saved here):

August 1 Wave 9 Tourney in the planning stages.

Plans for now:

What: Wave 9 Release Tourney (this is also the Why)
Who: You
Where: War and Pieces
When: August 1
10:00am - 6:00pm (roughly)

$5.00 entry fee (goes to prize pool)

All units welcome (no SOS modifications; play any units you want)

485 points

50 min. Swiss rounds; 4-people final (with partial point totals for unfinished matches (i.e. at 50 min. the games will be called, units will be tabulated using the "Fractional Scoring" Rules in GrungeBob's Tourney Rules.)

Rough Schedule:
(9:00-10:00 - Set-up)
10:00-10:30 - Arrive, register, receive first map assignment (please be on time)
10:30-11:20 - First Round
11:30-12:20 - Second Round
12:20-1:00 - Lunch Break (plan on being quick; it's only about 30 min.)
1:00-1:50 - Third Round
2:00-2:50 - Fourth Round
3:00-3:30 - Score tabulations (4 semi-finalists determined), general prizes awarded
3:30-4:20 - Semi-Finals (Fifth Round for those interested)
4:30-5:20 - Finals (free play for everyone else)
5:30-6:00+ - Prizes, takedown, etc.

Glyphs:
Common Attack +1
Unique Attack +1
Defense +1
Move +2
Initiative +8
d20 +1
Healing
Wound

Attending so far (15+):
1Mmirg (+1)
Blue Dane (+2)
himsati
goodlatte
rudyvalentine (+1)
Boondocksaint (+1)
justncaseur1-2 (+1?)
rottie paws (+2)
Syvaris?

Prizes: Store credit at War and Pieces (including on Scape, at a discount)
$25 gift certificate from HouseMouse
VixenTor Dice Tower (these are amazing!)
4 $25 gift certificates from WarGamersHQ
rudyvalentine and Boondocksaint have also offered up some bonus squads as prizes

Maps:
Common Ground

Can't See the Jungle

Fire Isles

Badru Valley

Invasion

Other suggestions??

Old Message:
Looking to plan a new tournament in November 2008 (a belated National Heroscape Day)--check out the info here. (Tourney was a success--follow the link for results.)

Last edited by 1Mmirg; February 24th, 2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:12 PM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Since we are looking for a majority, let me know how many people you represent.

Well, most of you that I've played with know that I represent three; although my little one talks for two.

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:53 AM

WinterIsComing is surprisingly tart

I can bring 1 or 2 people besides myself. Would love to do a tourrney. Either $5 or something for the table would be fine with me.

On a side note do you know how much wave 8 war and peices is getting in? Is there some way to reserve what we want to buy?

Valar Morghulis
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Adrian Monk

I am working right now on the deal they can give us. If we buy as a group and get cases, we get a good discount. I'll post here as soon as I know the details.

EDIT:

Old Post (saved here):

March 6 Event: Special "1x" Treasure Glyph Tourney

You may bring any units you wish, but not more than one (1) of any unit (incl. commons).

Each map will have a single Treasure Glyph added to the center of the map. Control of that glyph determines the winner of the map when either all enemies are destroyed or time runs out. You then take that glyph with you to the next map, where you face someone who also won their map and has a glyph as well. Each map will have yet another glyph on it. The winner of the day controls the most (or all) glyphs when the Swiss rounds are done.

Be sure to being at least a couple uniques/uncommons to be able to pick up the T-Glyphs.

455 point armies

20 out of the 24 available start zones

Likely Maps (tell me what you think):
Elswin Plateau by Mooseman
Feylund Fountain by Velenne
Fossil by R˙chean
Striking Distance by Dignan
The Frozen Cavern by tom

No fees, prizes, etc. Just fun.

It's our new usual place: CoolStuff in South Florida on Saturday, March 6, at 1pm (set-up at noon).

Here is their Facebook page as well. And their contact info:

5655 S. University Dr.
Davie, FL 33328

954-680-3929

RSVPs so far (6+):
rudyvalentine ?
Mmirg's Princess
Mmirg (+3?)
Mike
Brian
Winter +1

OLD POST:

Epic Event

Modified D&D Rules (there will be portable glyphs, other things will be a surprise--check out CVN's Epic rules for some possibilities)

360 pts. (some Heroes recommended)

18 starting spaces

There will be standard 1v1 maps available for game play as well.

No fees, prizes, etc. Just fun.

It's our new usual place: CoolStuff in South Florida on Saturday, January 9, at 1pm.

Here is their Facebook page as well. And their contact info:

5655 S. University Dr.
Davie, FL 33328

954-680-3929

RSVPs for the Epic so far (12):
rudyvalentine +1
Mmirg's Princess
Mmirg's Crew (2+)
Mike +1
Brian
rottiepaws?
Winter +1
Little Dane?
justncaseur1-2

We've got a full table for sure--looking forward to this!

Last edited by 1Mmirg; March 27th, 2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old May 16th, 2008, 05:42 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!

Where exactly are you planning to have this? I am probably closer to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale than I am to Orlando(in distance anyway) right now.
Old May 17th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Adrian Monk

Sorry, good call. I forgot to add that we will be at War n Pieces in Davie, FL again (just outside of Fort Lauderdale): http://www.warandpiecesgames.com/index.html. (Near the 595 and Turnpike.)

[Added it to the first post as well; thanks Sisyphus.]

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events