Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 6th, 2015, 10:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'm mostly in agreement with johnny here. Not a huge fan of reusing Sinister's mechanic, but I can't say it doesn't make sense on the character. Dropping the take-control clause would be a good change.

I'd kinda like to see something besides Insane for the personality. Not that he isn't insane, but I'd play up cruel or something first.
I agree with both of you. I don't think he needs the insane synergies.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 6th, 2015, 10:11 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

It would make sense to remove taking control. I do like the idea of choosing them at random, but don't know how that would work exactly with the markers.

For the personality, what about Sadistic?

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old December 6th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Sadistic would work.

As for a rewrite... something like this?

Quote:
GENETIC TORTURE 14
Start the game with 5 numbered black DNA Markers on this card. If Dark Beast inflicts one or more wounds with his normal attack on a Unique Hero that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 2 to the roll for each wound inflicted on the defending Hero this turn. If you roll 14 or higher, choose an unaltered Move, Range, Attack, or Defense number on the defending Hero's Army Card, then remove a DNA Marker from this card at random and place it on the defending Hero's card. For the rest of the game, replace the chosen number on that card with the number on that DNA Marker.
One logistical issue with reusing Sinister's mechanic is that it could cause confusion about which black DNA Markers to use. I'd advise switching to a different color so it's clearer to players which markers go with which character.
Old December 6th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Sadistic would work.

Quote:
GENETIC TORTURE 14
Start the game with 5 numbered black DNA Markers on this card. If Dark Beast inflicts one or more wounds with his normal attack on a Unique Hero that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 2 to the roll for each wound inflicted on the defending Hero this turn. If you roll 14 or higher, choose an unaltered Move, Range, Attack, or Defense number on the defending Hero's Army Card, then remove a DNA Marker from this card at random and place it on the defending Hero's card. For the rest of the game, replace the chosen number on that card with the number on that DNA Marker.
One logistical issue with reusing Sinister's mechanic is that it could cause confusion about which black DNA Markers to use. I'd advise switching to a different color so it's clearer to players which markers go with which character.
Just from a gameplay standpoint, wouldn't it be better to go from numerically highest to lowest? That way you would be able to maybe experiment on your own units early on, even if it does wound them, and then save those lower numbers for later. However, that does make playing him with the Healing Factor units, especially Deadpool and Wolverine.

Thematically, I feel it also makes sense for him to torture his own teammates if it means more power.
Old December 6th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

What about blue?

NAME = BEAST
SECRET IDENTITY = HENRY MCCOY

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = SADISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

GENETIC TORTURE 14
Start the game with 5 numbered blue DNA Markers on this card. If Dark Beast inflicts one or more wounds with his normal attack on a Unique Hero that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 2 to the roll for each wound inflicted on the defending Hero this turn. If you roll 14 or higher, choose an unaltered Move, Range, Attack, or Defense number on the defending Hero's Army Card, then remove a DNA Marker from this card at random and place it on the defending Hero's card. For the rest of the game, replace the chosen number on that card with the number on that DNA Marker.

STEALTH LEAP 12
Instead of his normal move, Dark Beast may use Stealth Leap. Stealth Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Stealth Leap, ignore elevations. Dark Beast may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Dark Beast may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. When Dark Beast starts his Stealth Leap, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old December 6th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Just from a gameplay standpoint, wouldn't it be better to go from numerically highest to lowest? That way you would be able to maybe experiment on your own units early on, even if it does wound them, and then save those lower numbers for later. However, that does make playing him with the Healing Factor units, especially Deadpool and Wolverine.

Thematically, I feel it also makes sense for him to torture his own teammates if it means more power.
Yeah, there's a pretty strong argument for doing it that way. That would probably be a little simpler too. I went with random in that write-up because that's what LM said he liked.
Old December 6th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Never Forgets

Quote:
Quote:
Sadistic would work.

Quote:
GENETIC TORTURE 14

But he's not really experimenting to improve the character, he's doing it because "what would happen if I injected essence of deadpool into cyclops with a little poison mixed in to see which takes effect first?"

Old December 7th, 2015, 12:08 AM
Never Forgets

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, there's a pretty strong argument for doing it that way. That would probably be a little simpler too. I went with random in that write-up because that's what LM said he liked.
I did like random. Honestly I really love swingy figures, and this guy could prove to be really cool! I do worry though that someone out there might just say "I guess I randomly choose the 5 for Wolverine's range!", but I'll trust the opponent to call bull crap on that one.

Old December 7th, 2015, 01:06 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Random is kind of a cool idea. I guess it's easy enough to flip the markers over, shuffle them around, and pick one. Not much different than a random Order Marker.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 7th, 2015, 09:47 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Random is kind of a cool idea. I guess it's easy enough to flip the markers over, shuffle them around, and pick one. Not much different than a random Order Marker.
Except Order Markers then to be very nondescript from the back where these could have minor imperfections that could distinguish them from one another.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 7th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

You could also roll the d20 (setting groups of 4 for each number), of even a d6 (with 6 being a re-roll), or something else along those lines. Randomization is a bit odd, but I think it's something we can trust players to figure out.
Old December 7th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Except Order Markers then to be very nondescript from the back where these could have minor imperfections that could distinguish them from one another.
They already do. Did you mean Order Markers or the other markers? Glyphs have to be nondescript from the back too. This doesn't seem particularly revolutionary.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy