Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 29th, 2022, 10:50 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map 01/29/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear View Post
I had no interest in trying to make any more maps when I returned to this site (for other reasons) a few months back. But at some point as I was catching up on all I had missed, I found myself wondering whether a particular map could be redone with different sets. Next thing I knew, VirtualScape was open. Ugh.
Yay, GameBear! Welcome back.

So true. VirtualScape is like crack. And thusly does the madness seize one.

Looking foward to seeing what you concoct.
Old January 29th, 2022, 11:00 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Looks great! Might be the next map to hit my table.
Old January 29th, 2022, 11:09 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

I like what you've done here a lot, @GameBear . The decision to put the shadow on the inside of one of the original waterways, but on the outside of the other — so the shadow bridges the gap between the mesa and the grass 3-hex tile and makes ranged think twice about camping out there — is one of many really nice touches.

And aesthetically it looks great too. Very nice formal composition.
Old January 29th, 2022, 11:41 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Wait, A new Gamebear map??!! I know what I’m doing today. Great to have you stop by Gamebear!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old January 29th, 2022, 01:23 PM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks, all of you, for the warm welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I was annoyed...
Does this mean you're not mad at me anymore?
Old January 29th, 2022, 03:23 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I wasn’t mad! I was annoyed because I missed you.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 29th, 2022, 06:14 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow, looks great!! It's awesome that you're making maps again!
Old February 2nd, 2022, 04:36 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New 3-Map Set: Exposure. 1 SM + 1 DD + 2 MH + 1 FA + 1 FF + 1 TT

I am very excited to share this set! The fun of mapmaking for me has always been in trying new ideas - structural, strategic, or visual. The map set approach allows mapmakers to pursue ideas that aren’t practical in individual maps (each of these maps requires pieces from at least 5 different terrain sets). It opens up so many new possibilities! Of course, no guarantees that the end product is any good (and critiques are always welcome), but I enjoyed putting these together.

Unfortunately, this map set uses 2x Marvel, which limits its utility. I am sorry for that. Ideally a map set wouldn’t use 2x of anything, and especially not Marvel, but that’s what I needed for these maps.

Old February 2nd, 2022, 04:37 AM
The Silent Cartographer

New map: Judgment. (Exposure map #1)
Glyphs: Wannok, Gerda, Erland

This is the map that got me started. With uncapped columns now widely accepted, I wanted to revisit some of the concepts I had tried in Marpesia’s Glory. Once I realized standard terrain constraints were going to get in the way, I decided it was time to make a map set.

Notes on the glyphs: I view Wannok as critical to the design. I like Erland’s fit here, too, but I marked it optional for those who have reservations.
Old February 2nd, 2022, 04:38 AM
The Silent Cartographer

New map: Barrentop. (Exposure map #2)
Glyphs: Stealth Leap (from Shaolin Monks), Ulaniva

This is the wildcard - the map most likely to break the set. Asymmetry is tough to pull off successfully; it has tripped me up more often than not. The allure is strong, though; I had to try. (Plus, of all the sets, Thaelenk Tundra is the one that most screams for asymmetry.) And on top of that, I threw in a custom glyph, too. What could go wrong?

This map presents a number of challenges to movement - small footprint, ample obstacles, heavy snow, elevation changes, and tight paths. Stealth Leap offers some much-needed relief.
Old February 2nd, 2022, 04:39 AM
The Silent Cartographer

New map: Viridis. (Exposure map #3a)
Glyphs: 2 random

I actually designed this map second. I knew which terrain I wanted to use for Barrentop, but I worried that I wouldn’t be able to create an interesting map from the leftovers. I was relieved when this design came together, and I’m pleased with the result.

EDIT 02-22-22: The PDF file has been updated - the right edge has been tweaked.

Last edited by GameBear; February 22nd, 2022 at 04:48 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2022, 10:24 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map Set 02/02/22

All 3 look great and I love the idea of combining a bunch of sets to make multiple maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios