Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 3rd, 2019, 01:29 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
The Book of Static

The Book of Static

C3G DC WAVE 32
YEAR OF THE HERO

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Teen Titans set.
Its model number and name are #045 / Static.

Character Bio - Affected by a mutagenic gas in his hometown of Dakota, Virgil Hawkins found himself with powers over electromagnetism. He chose to use these powers for good and took the super name of Static and joined the Titans. Static continues to protect his hometown while serving with his fellow Titans.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arkham; February 13th, 2022 at 01:25 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 01:32 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Static (Design Phase)

NAME = STATIC

SECRET IDENTITY = VIRGIL HAWKINS

SPECIES = BANG BABY
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = INGENIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180

STATIC CHARGE
Start the game with a black Charge Marker on this card. While there is a Charge Marker on this card, whenever a special power on an Army Card or glyph refers to the Electrically Charged special power, it refers to this special power as well. Instead of taking a turn with Static, you may place a previously removed Charge Marker on this card.

STATIC-CLING
Instead of attacking, you may remove a Charge Marker from this card and place it on the card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Static. Move the chosen figure up to 3 spaces and as close as possible to the nearest figure, Fortress Wall, or obstacle. For the entire game, before a figure other than Static moves, if it has a Charge Marker on its card, you must roll the 20-sided die. If 5 or lower is rolled, remove the Charge Marker from that figure's card. If 6 or higher is rolled, that figure may not move this turn. A figure moved with Static-Cling will not take any leaving engagement attacks but will take any falling damage that may apply.

TASER STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 5.
If an opponent's figure would receive one or more wounds from this special attack, you may choose not to inflict those wounds and remove an Order Marker at random from that figure's card. Figures with the Electrically Charged special power are not affected by this special attack.

FLYING

Last edited by Karat; June 17th, 2021 at 05:09 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 07:43 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like it! Weren't you going to swap Mental Shield out for Electrically Charged?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 3rd, 2019, 02:04 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like it! Weren't you going to swap Mental Shield out for Electrically Charged?
My thoughts exactly.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old June 3rd, 2019, 02:30 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Last edited by Karat; August 13th, 2019 at 12:48 AM.
Old June 5th, 2019, 12:14 AM
Now moves with Flying.

The part that is throwing me off is the water weakness bit of Electrically Charged which is something he doesn't seem to have in the comics but does in the show. What if we just added it in a clause that makes it like he has EC but doesn't actually have the power? So something like:

Quote:
STATIC CHARGE
Start the game with a white Charge marker on this card. While there is a Charge marker on this card, Static is considered to have the Electically Charged special power. Instead of taking a turn with Static, you may place a previously removed Static marker on this card.
Makes it a hair more interesting too IMO. I also dropped the water space bit as it doesn't really seem thematic from my research.
Old June 5th, 2019, 07:32 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

How are we looking on card space if we cut Mental Shield and include Electrically Charged language? It already feels pretty complex.

I think Electrically Charged characters should be affected by Static Cling at least. In general that power seems pretty complex... is there a way to work it without the d20 stuff? Like this? It's not 100% lockdown but I'm not sure we need it to be.

STATIC CLING
Instead of attacking, you may remove a Charge Marker from this card and place it on the card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Static. Move the chosen figure up to 3 spaces and adjacent to the nearest figure or terrain piece. A figure other than Static with his Charge Marker on it's card subtracts 3 from its Move number. After that figure takes a turn, or at the end of the round, remove the Charge Marker from its card.

I've always been a little disappointed that he's running with the Titans rather than being a Crime Fighter but I imagine there's room for an original flavor version.

How do we feel about Bang Baby for species? They're a subset of Metahumans but it would be easier in the future to tie the Milestone characters together that way in the future - I'm thinking Blood Syndicate stuff, as remote a possibility as that may be.
Old June 5th, 2019, 08:45 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think the D20 should be on there for competitive reasons, but I'm open to the rest of what you're saying, johnny.

I dig your change to Static Charge, Karat.

Old June 5th, 2019, 09:07 AM
Now moves with Flying.

I don't really want to lose the D-20 bit. I'd also prefer to keep the mental resistance bit. Maybe we can get a text mock up on a card to test space. I don't mind dropping the electrically charged part of Static-Cling though.
Quote:
NAME = STATIC

SECRET IDENTITY = VIRGIL HAWKINS

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = INGENIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ?

STATIC CHARGE
Start the game with a white Charge marker on this card. While there is a Charge marker on this card, Static is considered to have the Electically Charged special power. Instead of taking a turn with Static, you may place a previously removed Static marker on this card.

STATIC-CLING
Instead of attacking, you may remove a Charge marker from this card and place it on the card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Static. Move the chosen figure up to 3 spaces and adjacent to the nearest figure or terrain piece. Before a figure other than Static moves, if it has a Charge marker on its card, you must roll the 20-sided die. If 15 or lower is rolled, that figure may not move this turn. If 16 or higher is rolled, remove the Charge marker from that figure's card.

TASER STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 5.
If an opponent's figure would receive one or more wounds from this Special Attack, you may choose not to inflict one of those wounds to remove an Order Marker at random from that figure's card. Figures with the Electrically Charged special power are not affected by this Special Attack.

MENTAL RESILIENCE 2
If any player rolls the 20-sided die to take temporary or permanent control of Static, you may subtract 2 from the roll.

FLYING
I think it will be close. I count 26 lines of text (Mental Shield version would be 25 lines) in this version and 25 lines of text on Drac. That is not including Power Titles, symbols, or stats.

Though if we drop something, it would likely be the mental resistance bit.
Old June 5th, 2019, 09:18 AM

Yeah, I'd like to see an art test when we have the chance and go from there, cutting the mental part if it's looking too rough.

If you just wanted to go all in on the Static Cling part of the card, you could also drop the Taser power and really slim down the text.

Old June 5th, 2019, 10:26 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I'm okay with having Electrically Charged only while the marker is online. I can check text later.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 5th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I'm okay with having Electrically Charged only while the marker is online. I can check text later.
Awesome! Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library