Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old August 1st, 2015, 09:35 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

"Why don't you put her in charge?"

Newt rules.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 1st, 2015, 09:51 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
"Why don't you put her in charge?"

Newt rules.
"They mostly come out at night. Mostly."

Newt
Old August 1st, 2015, 11:36 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Happened across Aliens on Starz last night while channel surfing. Sucked me right in and I watched the whole thing. Now I've seen the movie so many times I can quote large portions of it. Still, that movie just holds up. Even with the grainy film stock they used and the miniatures and poor rear screen effects. It's all about story and pacing. You'd be hard pressed to find a better action movie. One of the bests.
I agree. It holds up incredibly well and is better then most of the stuff coming out of Hollywood now with all the modern special effects. The story is just done well.
Old August 2nd, 2015, 06:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I watched Captain America: Winter Soldier again, for 3rd or 4th time. I just love this movie!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 2nd, 2015, 10:11 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Talking Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I watched Captain America: Winter Soldier again, for 3rd or 4th time. I just love this movie!
I watched that again just the other day. Best Marvel movie, IMO

~TAF, on your left

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 2nd, 2015, 11:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:

~TAF, on your left
Yeah, it's pretty much my favorite Marvel movie. Lots of intensity and mostly normal human type characters, with Cap and Bucky being as super-powered as it gets.

The fight scenes were just fantastic. I always love Black Widow's style when she fights in movies. Bucky was really cool how he was so versatile with gun, then smaller guns in tight and then knives going from hand to hand and every angle. Then of course there's Cap and it starts off awesome when he gets on the ship at beginning and sprints around it taking out bad guys as he goes and then taking on Batroc. Then everywhere else throughout the movie, he is so darn great at fighting and does it all and improvises depending on the circumstances.

Love, love , love this movie.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 3rd, 2015, 03:14 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Cool Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty much my favorite Marvel movie. Lots of intensity and mostly normal human type characters, with Cap and Bucky The Mysterious Winter Soldier being as super-powered as it gets.

The fight scenes were just fantastic. I always love Black Widow's style when she fights in movies. Bucky The Mysterious Winter Soldier was really cool how he was so versatile with gun, then smaller guns in tight and then knives going from hand to hand and every angle. Then of course there's Cap and it starts off awesome when he gets on the ship at beginning and sprints around it taking out bad guys as he goes and then taking on Batroc. Then everywhere else throughout the movie, he is so darn great at fighting and does it all and improvises depending on the circumstances.

Love, love , love this movie.
Shh, think of the children. (Of course, if you ain't seen the movie yet, then you deserve to have the twist spoiled for you).

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 3rd, 2015, 09:05 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Finally saw Ant-Man on Saturday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Really enjoyed it as well. The third act is so comic book and fun. Actually found that I enjoyed it more than the Age of Ultron.
Yeah, me too. Tempted to still rank ULTRON higher if I'm grading on a curve, but here's how it breaks down: ULTRON was a lot more ambitious with its premise, but didn't really accomplish all it set out to, IMO, while Ant-Man was much less ambitious in its premise, but succeeded and then some.

Ant-Man was also quite possibly the funniest Marvel movie I've seen. Michael Pena alone had me rolling with those scenes where he described how he came upon certain information.

And the train .... heh.

Quote:
Can't wait to get this one on DVD.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 3rd, 2015, 11:25 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:

~TAF, on your left
I prefer Guardians of the Galaxy to Winter Soldier (but it's close). The fight scenes in WS are epic, and I really appreciate quality action, but characters in GotG are so fun.

Rankings:
Guardians
Winter Soldier
Iron Man
Avengers
Age of Ultron
The First Avenger
Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Incredible Hulk
Thor
Iron Man 2

No ant-man yet

And if I were rating all Marvel productions, Daredevil would hold the top spot. That show is something else, the way they make the fight scenes is beyond epic, and the format allows for some character development depth that just can't happen in a movie. Also, Kingpin is my #1 live action comic villain of all time, he is just phenomenal. But not too much about that or I will hijack this thread.

Last edited by Smithy Winfred; August 3rd, 2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2015, 12:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

No AoU yet either Smithy?
Old August 3rd, 2015, 12:20 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is anyone else excited for the NWA movie coming out this month?

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old August 3rd, 2015, 12:22 PM
C3G Landlord

I'm interested in seeing it but it is not the type of movie I go to the theaters for so it will be a DVD viewing for me. I am excited about the Dr. Dre sound track I just read about though and will pick that up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies