Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old April 20th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Magic:The Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Any thoughts?
You should get him to play Heroscape.
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:29 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Any thoughts?
You should get him to play Heroscape.
Oh, believe me, I've pitched the game to lots of kids I work around...but to really get 'Scape, you've got to play 'Scape.

Unfortunately (?), my collection is actually that of mine and six friends that have bought-in together since 2004. So, given that my work involves modeling for youth of disparate levels of functioning (and a wide range of appropriate and inappropriate behaviors), I couldn't in good conscience take that group's investment with me to work, where it could be harmed.

I have, however, donated my extra copy of LotR Risk:Trilogy Edition; they love it!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:19 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

To answer your question nate, yes, you can control Nichol the Legend and Nichol the Planeswalker at the same time. Different rules apply to the different types of permanent.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 21st, 2012, 04:48 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
To answer your question nate, yes, you can control Nichol the Legend and Nichol the Planeswalker at the same time. Different rules apply to the different types of permanent.
Thanks! I had thought this was the case, given that planeswalkers aren't creatures, but having been away from the game for so long, I wasn't sure.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old April 30th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Taking a man check - Gangnam spider style!

Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby!

AVR. Thoughts?

Chilling Touch is Kee-Kee storytelling the PARALLEL CAVE...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old April 30th, 2012, 09:51 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilling Touch View Post
AVR. Thoughts?
I think I'll hold off any thoughts until I get my hands on some of the cards to actually play them. I missed the prerelease because I had a soccer tournament to go to...
Old April 30th, 2012, 10:02 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Soulbond is an awesome mechanic. Miracle was fun but not spectacular. Some of the miracle cards are much better when you can time them just right but also end up being too expensive to hard cast. I had a pretty sick human deck that was cable of pumping out 18+ points of damage in 1 turn but would also loose horribly if I didnt kill them by turn 6 or so. Remvoval seemed pretty hard to come by and very conditional. Id say its more of a Timmy set than anything else.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old May 1st, 2012, 06:53 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

As far as AVR is concerned, I love the set. Soulbond works fabulously, and miracle is really a unique mechanic. I think standard will completely transform next week, and I am very excited after profiting a total of $106 in cards this past weekend.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:50 PM

Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby!

I agree with all of you, I think that soulbond is awesome, miracle is cool but pricey, and that there are some really powerful but expensive hard-casting cards.

I think this might be a better set for commander, and other things. I bought a lot of Innistrad, but besides a few commons, the only things I really want out of this are a few caverns of souls for my goblin deck and a moon sage for commander.

Old May 6th, 2012, 06:14 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Pretty happy how this set turned out. Mostly, the Pillar of Flames and Dual Casting for my red deck, and cavern of souls for my Goblins, as well as some nice tools, and again, cavern of souls for R/W humans, if I ever get around to making it.

Anyway, on an unrelated note, my MTG group has decided to do a mini-event where we all have to build a deck that costs under $10, and it might end up being a recurring thing. I think I'm on the right track with a mono-black infect deck.

Here's the tentative decklist:

Creatures:
2x Hand of the Praetors
4x Ichor Rats
4x Plague Stinger
4x Flesh-Eater Imp
4x Septic Rats
3x Flensermite
3x Reaper of Sheoldred

Enchantments:
2x Crumbling Ashes
4x Fear

Spells:
4x Vampire's Bite
4x Virulent Wound

Land:
18x Swamp
4x Barren Moor

Any comments/suggestions? I almost got a few dark rituals into the cost limit, but I figured that in the end it was better to keep the Hand of the Praetors in.

As far as competition goes, I'm sure that one player's building a deck around Quest for Ula's Temple, and someone else is doing something involving wild pair and a bunch of big green 7/7 worms.
Old May 13th, 2012, 01:20 PM

Ive done this, except with R/W myr. Myrsmith, Embersmith, and raid bombardment were the keys to the deck.

Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:58 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Avacyn has some great stand-alone cards & the variety of soulbonding creatures make your old guys interesting again. Some pretty good payouts so far on the maybe 12 packs I've bought so far: 1 Cavern of Souls, 4 Vexing Devils & 1 Avacyn are the highlights so far. We put Avacyn in CarnivalBoy's all-white deck, but how often are you going to even be able to use her at 8 mana?

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Last edited by Carnival Man; June 4th, 2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: diction typo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games