Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old August 14th, 2012, 11:53 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Gencon 2012 Fantasy Contest

It can be tough to judge after day 1. Last year's winner (tom) would have appeared dead in the water, with only 1 pick still alive. It turned out that all four of his other picks went 3-2, and his one day 2 pick won it all.
Old August 15th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
So does everyone's teams get posted here before the action starts or do we find out after-the-fact?

If it happens before, it'll be fun to see how everyone's fantasy team stands after day one.
Everyone's teams should already be posted here that submitted them to me before the deadline.
I didn't know if you received entries that weren't posted here. It looks at least Bengi hasn't posted his here, but we probably can guess what it was based on his description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
It can be tough to judge after day 1. Last year's winner (tom) would have appeared dead in the water, with only 1 pick still alive. It turned out that all four of his other picks went 3-2, and his one day 2 pick won it all.
I think I'll try and gather all the teams together into a post anyway, especially if tom's only pick to make day 2 from last year makes it to day 2 this year, since there are a fair number of folks who picked that guy this year.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old August 15th, 2012, 05:06 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I ended up going for this combo
Lonewolf 30 (30)
Jim 10 (40)
Tornado 10 (50)
Scaper_Dude 25 (75)
Hendals Brother 5 (80)
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:51 PM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlax View Post
Haven't waded through it all, but in case anyone picked me, I am not in the main event this year.

I wished you had told us earlier; because the deadline for entries was yesterday.

For those that chose you, we may have to allow them to change their picks past the deadline. I'm not sure.
Apologies, but it has been a rough couple of months. Diagnosed with a stage 3 melanoma, two surgeries, and an infection that just keeps coming back.

Things are looking up and I will be at GenCon. Am at GenCon now in fact.

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:55 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here are my picks this year. I got them in early so I got a discount on three of them!

Dok 35
tom 20
Filthy the Clown 15
Omahavice 5
Juniour 5
Old August 16th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Here is (possibly) the complete list of fantasy teams:
Spoiler Alert!

and here is the list of most popularly picked players:
Spoiler Alert!

I'm not the official source for any of this info, so if anything above conflicts with what dok or MegaSilver say, trust them, not me.

I'll try and calculate everyone's day 1 scores before day 2 rolls around, assuming the results get posted to heroscapers quickly.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old August 16th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haven't waded through it all, but in case anyone picked me, I am not in the main event this year.

I wished you had told us earlier; because the deadline for entries was yesterday.

For those that chose you, we may have to allow them to change their picks past the deadline. I'm not sure.
Apologies, but it has been a rough couple of months. Diagnosed with a stage 3 melanoma, two surgeries, and an infection that just keeps coming back.

Things are looking up and I will be at GenCon. Am at GenCon now in fact.
Sorry, I didn't realize you had such difficulties. I certainly hope you get better and that all of that stuff goes away.
Old August 18th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Super Smurfy

Well, looks like the results aren't available yet tonight, so I won't be able to update everyone's teams with the current scores. I guess we might as wait until after day 2 is over.

It would be cool to at least know who is advancing, but I'm guessing those currently in the know are busy with other things.

Old August 18th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

I just posted a list of te real names, but I couldn't tell you what their heroscapers tag is.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

People with 3 Day 2ers:
Onacara (Hendal, lonewolf, Orcelfarmyone's dad, Sir Dendrik, sixthflagbearer)
sixthflagbearer (dok, Filthy the Clown, Orcelfarmyone, Orcelfarmyone's dad, sixthflagbearer)

People with 2 Day 2ers:
arp12 (Cleon, Cleon's dad/Bob, dok, Orcelfarmyone, Orcelfarmyone's dad)
clancampbell (Akden, Arcus, EternalThanos86, Filthy the Clown, tom)
killergoat72 (Matthias Maccabeus, NecroBlade, No, David, No, sixthflagbearer, Tornado)
orcelfarmyone (Clarissimus, lonewolf, Orcelfarmyone, Orcelfarmyone's dad, vegietarian18)
The Bearded One (Infectedsloth, Infectedsloth's brother, lonewolf, MegaSilver, NecroBlade)

What makes it interesting is NO ONE chose either of the finalists, Mattser or cornpuff. At third place, nicktheant is the greatest points-getter. Deroche (Hendal's brother, Mr Migraine, Nicktheant, Scaper Dude, SW Ninja) was the only one who chose nicktheant, but I don't think his other picks are good enough to overcome teams with more Day 2ers.
Old August 20th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Onacara probably won, seeing as of the two that picked three day-2ers, Hendal was the only one who made top 8.
Old August 20th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

the funny thing is that my 20 points of people beat my 60 points of people handily. I was really hoping to face Filthy day 1 though. Q9 would have been fun vs Cutters

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games