Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 17th, 2011, 03:55 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!
Elf Wizards Redone

!!UPDATE & EDIT!! (10/22/2012)

I did this awesome Chardris repaint, but never use it because, well, the Elf wizards suck. So I started a project of getting extras of the rest and repainting them to all look the same. And then remaking cards. They're supposed to be about 600 pts for all, and good for a dungeon crawl.

Chardris: Range special.
Johrdawn: Summons portals (yep, portals)
Emirroon: Melee wizard
Arkmer: Mind Link, maybe a weak lightning attack like Sharwin.
Kyntela Gwyn: Support; def and heals
Ulginesh: Summoning

Chardris
Spoiler Alert!

Chardris' card need to be fixed..
Spoiler Alert!

Johrdawn and Ulginesh are in the mail now. Still need to get my hands on Armker, Emirroon, and Kyntela.

10/22/2012: After a super long, college induced hiatus, I'm finally finding some free time to get some [minor] work done on HS! I finished my Johrdawn and Ulginesh repaints. Sometime this week I'd like to finish up their cards too (but just got Borderlands 2 today, so we'll see how that actually goes...). Sorry for the poor quality pics. I'll have to get better ones for the card anyway.

Johrdawn
Spoiler Alert!

Ulginesh
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by aquamaniac27; October 22nd, 2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Update
Old June 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart
Re: Elf Wizards Redone

Interesting, I actually have just recently ordered the Wave 8 elves (there still on the way). I'm looking forward to trying them out. Two things I've noticed about them though is that they seem to lack offensive punch and seem to be very dependent on Ulginesh staying alive.
Old June 17th, 2011, 08:48 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by master of disaster View Post
Interesting, I actually have just recently ordered the Wave 8 elves (there still on the way). I'm looking forward to trying them out. Two things I've noticed about them though is that they seem to lack offensive punch and seem to be very dependent on Ulginesh staying alive.
Hm. More like lack any type of defense. Johrdawn can put full squads in their place, and Chardris can hold off a hero for a little. Pretty much they need a solid starting position, and need to defend.
Old June 17th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaniac27 View Post
Quote:
Hm. More like lack any type of defense. Johrdawn can put full squads in their place, and Chardris can hold off a hero for a little. Pretty much they need a solid starting position, and need to defend.
I'm in the process of creating a custom with the power to protect the wizards. It's not a wizard though... All they really need is a powerhouse to absorb the attacks of their enemies.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 17th, 2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Their defense is pretty low, but they all have 5-6 life which helps their survivability. But, still it seems like you have to make sure Ulginesh doesn't die, if he does, your down to taking a turn with only one hero per turn.
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:44 PM

ladidadi.davis Woo who?

I really like where this is going. May I add my two cents?

In order to avoid redundancy, maybe have Jorhdawn's fire work like a scatter shot maybe similar to Nilf's Ice Breath?

An elf cleric would be wonderful! Interested, Kyntela?

I honestly like the other elves how they are so I'm curious as to see how you'll do them. Good luck.
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think the elf wizard army is pretty cool as is and have found them to be able to hold their own.

I see your Chardris card has honored the official one with the typos.

(No space between 'byCelestial' and bonuses is spelled 'bonses')

I'd like to see the complete faction though, you don't have to wait to repaint the figures if you've got the cards finished.

Last edited by TheSparkleInYourWater; June 17th, 2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: I have something in my eye.
Old June 17th, 2011, 11:49 PM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker

What you're doing looks rather cool, I must say. I like the idea of taking a faction like that and turning them into a different, and possibly more interesting, group.

I would caution you though. You don't need to make them any better. The elves are an extremely dangerous group to fight. I'll go ahead and say that I have never found them lacking in offensive power and it isn't too hard to keep them alive either. Arkmer standing at the front, with kyntela behind him, rolls 4 defense, plus any other elves.

These guys are a real powerhouse and are in no need of increased effectiveness. That being said though, I think that what you're doing will be very interesting and probably really cool (Can't really say till you get some more done I guess). After all, figures don't have to play poorly for someone to make a cool custom idea for them. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

BoneSnap's Customs
Helm's Deep
Old June 18th, 2011, 10:19 AM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I like the idea of repainting them to make them a little more like a group.
I don't mind them being redone so much either. Against certain things they're good, but generally their max 2 attacks per turn doesn't cut it against squads. Plus squads are also the bane of low defense heros like the elves.
Old June 18th, 2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladidadi.davis View Post

In order to avoid redundancy, maybe have Jorhdawn's fire work like a scatter shot maybe similar to Nilf's Ice Breath?

I honestly like the other elves how they are so I'm curious as to see how you'll do them. Good luck.
Yeah, I think I'm going to make a different custom and have him/her use portals. With the Elven Summoning Spell, portals are not that useful, but it would make her useful NOT in the army, which is what I want for some of them. Obviously Summoning/Mind Link is Elves-only, but I dislike how their abilities need other elf wizard to have any type of potency.

And thats why they lack the offensive punch. You can't move them as a group, you have to slowly move them, and in dungeon maps (that are usually small-ish) its easy for your opponent to attack and wreck any elves not getting an bonuses. And defense wise, they all stand next to each other, so any AoE can do some serious damage.

And thanks for pointing out the typos!
Old June 18th, 2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I think I'm going to make a different custom and have him/her use portals. With the Elven Summoning Spell, portals are not that useful, but it would make her useful NOT in the army, which is what I want for some of them. Obviously Summoning/Mind Link is Elves-only, but I dislike how their abilities need other elf wizard to have any type of potency.

And thats why they lack the offensive punch. You can't move them as a group, you have to slowly move them, and in dungeon maps (that are usually small-ish) its easy for your opponent to attack and wreck any elves not getting an bonuses. And defense wise, they all stand next to each other, so any AoE can do some serious damage.

The Marro Hive actually has the Hive Mind power, similar I guess but not the same.

Last edited by Master of Disaster; June 18th, 2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: forgot to capitalize
Old June 18th, 2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The Marro Hive actually has the Hive Mind power, similar I guess but not the same.
Sorry I wasnt very clear. Summoning/Link are worthless unless you have elves, (and all the elves' abilities are dependent on there being other elves,) and you're not gonna draft the Hive and no common marro squads. Its a waste, and the hive is useless by itself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards