Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 1st, 2015, 11:40 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

5 attack + quadruple attack = overpowered - drop it by one and it's awesome!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 2nd, 2015, 12:18 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I'm feeling this right now, but I really want to get rid of something so he doesn't have all of peter's abilities. Web-Slinger maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 2nd, 2015, 04:46 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Honestly, I'd love to see both Web-Swing and Web Skinger dropped. I see this version of Spider-Man as kore of the scaling tall buildings type. Admittedly, I haven't read anything with him in it, but that is the impression I get

Also, I would combine Spider-Bot Monitoring and Spider-Bot Networking and/or drop Secret Attack Plan. 4 powers Is too Much for a Common Hero IMO.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 09:39 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Honestly, I'd love to see both Web-Swing and Web Skinger dropped. I see this version of Spider-Man as kore of the scaling tall buildings type. Admittedly, I haven't read anything with him in it, but that is the impression I get
actually he swings around quite a bit. He uses the spider arms mostly to slash and impale enemies and lift up things like cars and debris more than he does to scale up buildings.

Quote:
Also, I would combine Spider-Bot Monitoring and Spider-Bot Networking and/or drop Secret Attack Plan. 4 powers Is too Much for a Common Hero IMO.
I don't really mind it, but I'm definitely ok with combining the two. Secret Attack Plan IMO has to stay though, basically all these guys do in the comics is watch EVERYONE in new york, and set things up for doc ock/spidey to take down whoever he's fighting. I.E. Spider Bots, execute plan Omega 6, or whatever.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:13 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
He's a Superior Spider-Man
SECRET IDENTITY = OTTO OCTAVIUS
If this represents the Superior Spider-Man, then wouldn't he need to count as both Octavius and Peter Parker (since it wouldn't make sense to allow a Parker in the army at the same time)? On my homebrew version (WIP), I'm just doing it with a slash:

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; November 22nd, 2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: fixing obsolete image link
Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:23 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Oooh, Spider-Ock. Great choice. I think @Lord Pyre had him drafted before he went on leave. I'd be curious about what he had to say.

Interesting thought on the Charlatan class. I wouldn't have thought of it, but thematically he does have a bit in common with the early T-Bolts. I'm not sure about actually giving him the synergy either, though. Mostly just because I wasn't thinking the Charlatan synergy would expand beyond the original T-Bolts; if people want to go that route, though, then I think Ock would be a great candidate. Otherwise, I'd give him something unique/synergy-less. I don't think he'd really fit in with the Vigilante crowd.

Does it really make sense for him to essentially have the same arm-power that he does as Doc Ock? I don't really buy that the waldoes have 2 range; that picture has to be the biggest I've ever seen them drawn, and 2 range is still questionable. And they're not really his primary means of attack either, they're more of a supplemental thing. (Dropping opponents' defense by 2 with Web Slinger and then hitting them 4 times could also be pretty devastating, especially since Otto has no trouble getting height advantage)

Right now he's mostly just Peter with the arm-power thrown in; I think it'd be cool to mix up his powers a bit to try to get him to really feel like a more aggressive Spidey. Maybe combine Web Swing and Web Slinger?

On the Secret Identity thing, I could go either way. Thematically, he should be both Otto and Peter. That said, they've also teamed up in Spider-Verse, thanks to time travel, and I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel eventually found a way to keep Spider-Otto around in some capacity. I'd be fine either way.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:43 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Thematically, he should be both Otto and Peter. That said, they've also teamed up in Spider-Verse, thanks to time travel
I would recommend not using time travel as a license to violate identity theme. Otherwise why even have the identity rule, or limit Unique units to one per army? Time travel would let you field a dozen Spider-Men.

If there is a particular need to have a team-up for story reasons, you could always create a specific time-traveling version of a character, or even create some kind of temporal vortex glyph or scenario rules or something that let you break identity rules on a limited basis.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:56 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Thematically, he should be both Otto and Peter. That said, they've also teamed up in Spider-Verse, thanks to time travel
I would recommend not using time travel as a license to violate identity theme. Otherwise why even have the identity rule, or limit Unique units to one per army? Time travel would let you field a dozen Spider-Men.
Technically, C3G's already done that in the form of the Uncommon Kang. Though admittedly, that's a much more iconic case of time-jumping, and the Peter/Otto team-up doesn't merit the same treatment. (Even though I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken letting them team up)

As for getting him to count as both, I think the easiest/most straight-forward way would be for one of his special powers to include a "Spider-Man has a Secret Identity of Peter Parker in addition to what is listed on this card" clause. No room for confusion with labeling (or need to introduce additional secret identity rules) that way.

Alternatively, it occurred to me that you could keep him as just Otto, but have a mandatory Ghost Peter (probably a 10-20 pt figure with minimal influence on Ock?) co-draft, so the Peter Parker slot in your army is effectively always used. I think I prefer the first idea though.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 11:28 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:

If there is a particular need to have a team-up for story reasons, you could always create a specific time-traveling version of a character, or even create some kind of temporal vortex glyph or scenario rules or something that let you break identity rules on a limited basis.
This ship has sailed. It's a game not a simulation. It has already been done in the past and I would vote against a dual identity for a figure.

Uf you want an example of an identity theme break, see Captain Marvel or Robin.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 02:43 PM
Never Forgets

@Ronin if you're cool with thunderbolt synergy, then its cool with me.

Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:09 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'm always up for new synergy, and it doesn't seem unthematic, so it sounds awesome!

He wouldn't be the first case of weirdness surrounding secret identities - I don't know what Karat's talking about, but the fact that somewhere down the line two guys with a Venom symmbiote (i.e. Eddie Brock and Black Suited Peter) could be together in the same army is already a bit of a theme break, as far as I know anyway, so I wouldn't be too concerned here.

I'd definitely cut web shooters to make him different from Peter. If the apendages are as short as Ronin says, then 2 range is probably not a good idea. I'm just wondering if something like upping his Range to 4 (for the Web Shooters) and doing something like this would be a good idea, to make him more aggressive?

Arachnid Apendages

Spider-Man may attack at any time before, during or after moving. When attacking with Spider-Man, you may attack three additional times. Spider-Man may not attack a non-adjacent figure more than once per turn.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:37 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think that - beyond Spidey Sense and Web Swing, which are obvious necessities - Superior Spider-Man needs some sort of "ruthlessness" power. You can tie that in with the multi-attack, but the main difference between Otto and Peter is that Otto is smarter and more ruthless, but when the chips are down, can't keep up.

The power name that keeps coming to mind for me is "SUPERIORITY COMPLEX." I think a power that delivers on that theme is exactly what would make Superior Spider-Man unique. Here's a general idea that I'm just pulling out of my behind - pure spitballing.

SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man may attack one additional time for each opponent's within 4 clear sight spaces, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. Roll 1 additional die when attacking and 1 fewer die when defending with Spider-Man for each figure he is engaged with.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy