Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards
Official Units and Spell Cards Discussion of official AotP units and spell cards

Old July 25th, 2015, 04:00 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Project Self SPELL

The Book of Project Self: Sorcery
Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers master set

Quote:
Sorcery
Move a blue Planeswalker you control to an empty space that's adjacent to another figure you control.
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - TBA

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA
Old November 2nd, 2015, 07:20 PM

HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Project Self SPELL

Does the planeswalker suffer disengage by being moved? I think so, but this spell raised this question on my last game
Old November 2nd, 2015, 07:38 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTempest View Post
Does the planeswalker suffer disengage by being moved? I think so, but this spell raised this question on my last game
That's weird that it doesn't say whether or not. One would assume since you are using a card to do the move that you would not take a LEA, but it clearly doesn't say. Which would make me say you would take one. Ideas anybody? I'm curious now.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:48 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTempest View Post
That's weird that it doesn't say whether or not. One would assume since you are using a card to do the move that you would not take a LEA, but it clearly doesn't say. Which would make me say you would take one. Ideas anybody? I'm curious now.
Flavor-wise, I'd say no. Your Planeswalker is creating an illusion of himself, and was never in the specified location. So technically, your guy was never there, and a fake version of himself was the one there. Therefore, no leaving engagement attack because he didn't exist.

Rule Lawyer-wise, you would. If your person moves at all ---> Leaving engagement attack. This would trigger a leaving engagement attack if the need arose. Since your figure would be moved, (and not even "placed"), he would definitely provoke a leaving engagement attack.

Alternate Interpretation: In the beginning, they never mentioned the "When Taelord starts to fly he will take any leaving engagement attacks," on Taelord. The same could be true here, which means that: He won't take leaving engagement attacks from moving this way.

I could see this playing out in any way.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 10:15 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post

Rule Lawyer-wise, you would. If your person moves at all ---> Leaving engagement attack. This would trigger a leaving engagement attack if the need arose. Since your figure would be moved, (and not even "placed"), he would definitely provoke a leaving engagement attack.
By this logic, since you're 'Moving' wouldn't you also have to find a path and take any leaving engagement attacks along the way? I believe the -intended- use of this card would not generate any leaving engagement attacks, but they didn't do a good job on it. It's really frustrating they were so loose with the wording on these cards since MTG they're so consistent about the templating.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 10:29 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post

By this logic, since you're 'Moving' wouldn't you also have to find a path and take any leaving engagement attacks along the way? I believe the -intended- use of this card would not generate any leaving engagement attacks, but they didn't do a good job on it. It's really frustrating they were so loose with the wording on these cards since MTG they're so consistent about the templating.
No. There are many ways of being moved (teleport, carry, etc.) that could have a leaving engagement attack associated but that would not require you to indicate the path traveled.
Old November 4th, 2015, 09:35 AM

HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker

Probably we gonna play without taking disengage damage.
I guess it's a bit OP be able to move anywhere without being attacked for a 5 points card.
However, taking disengage on the path you are moving the pw or even create a path to move doesn't make much sense at all.
I think it should be like the flying ability: you take disengage when leaving and then go straight where you want to. But the spell text doesn't mention anything about that.
Old November 4th, 2015, 10:28 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

I have considered the 'move' for this card to be like a teleport (or flying). Since it says nothing about engagement, I would expect normal engagement rules to apply - the Blue Planeswalker would be exposed to take leaving engagement attack from any enemy figures adjacent to the original position.
Old July 24th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is it a move or a teleport. If it is a move, is it based on the Move # of the casting PW?

This is an important ruling that would also apply to Pass Through Stone.

It reads like a Teleport but I wish it said place instead of move if it is a Teleport or said 'move up to....spaces' if it is a move.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 24th, 2016, 08:56 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I had the same question in a game today. I went with a teleport so ignores move, but I was wondering if the planeswalker is engaged and you use Project Self, does an opponent roll for disengament? I do not think the wording of AotP cards were put through enough scrutiny when compared to Heroscape, when it should be the opposite because they benefit from years of questing wording of both Heroscape and Magic the Gathering cards should mean the designers have more help in wording.
Old July 24th, 2016, 11:10 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

I look at it this way:

It doesn't specifically state that the Planeswalker is exempt from the general rule of leaving engagement attacks (specific overides the general), so it would take a leaving engagement attack if it was adjacent to an enemy figure before being transported/moved/teleported/whatever.

Its also a 5 point spell. One shouldn't expect too much for that price.
Personally, I vote for balance reasons alone associated with the cost that it take LEA.

Its already incredibly powerful, able to move the PW to the otherside of the board potentially. There has to be a drawback to that power, especially for that price.

Its worth the risk of the 50% chance of a wound.
Old July 25th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I do not want a LEA ruling. I know you take LEAs because it does not say that you do not.

I want a 'move X # of spaces' or is it a 'teleport/place power that has no limits in distance'?

Also the 5 point basis is pointless as there are powerful low point spells and spells not worth their cost(IMO). The card that destroys 2 of your opponent's Spell cards is a 5 pointer and it is worth way more than that.

There is a spell like it that moves a creature you control and that one specifically states that you do not take LEAs so you do not, that is clear.

What is not clear is if this is a 'move' or 'place' power?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards