Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 24th, 2010, 11:15 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Lego Animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
I'm gonna try and start making some stop motion videos soon. any advice, ABOM?
Make sure that when filming, your shadow isn't in the way, or else the footage will look very awkward. Also, you have to move everything very, very slowly. Don't try and hurry up the process.

I think the most fun I've had animating was a car chase between robbers and Indiana Jones. The finally is where Jones sets a mine, blows up their car, they get out and walk three feet away before firing a round of bullets. Then, Jones, pulls out two machine guns and blast them to Lego bits.

Good times, good times.
Thanks.

Oh, and that sounds freakin hilarious.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old July 26th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey, WA, I looked up Mediafire, and I have a question. I have no doubt that it works, but Lego Animation requires that each pic show for .175 of a second, so that eventually it looks like a movie. I'm sure you knew that already, but does Mediafire have such an option? I was looking, and couldn't find anything.

Maybe you could walk me through it via PM.
Old July 26th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Mediafire isn't for making the movie itself - for that you are going to want to use Windows Movie Maker, or some other such software. I don't have experience doing that, so in this case I would recommend just going to youtube and looking up some tutorials.

Once you have your movie made, I can help you put it on the internet.
Old July 26th, 2010, 06:57 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What did you use to make the bullet effects? Or did you just have the figure point the gun and the target fall apart. I think it would be very neat to have a Matrix/Wanted style follow the bullet scene, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Also WMM has an option to narrate a scene. If your computer has a mic you might want to look into that. It should be much simpler than making and importing a separate MP3 file. The only problem I could see is quality. You'd want a decent mic.

Something else you may be interested in if you want to go the extra mile with sound effects is Audacity. Audacity is a freeware audio editting program. It has a great deal of features, is fairly simple to use, and has a recording feature. This would definately be doing things the hard way, but if you can take thousands of pictures of legos than I think you can handle going a little farther with your audio.

Last edited by Chardar; July 26th, 2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old July 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh, I have Windows Movie Maker, and have made numerous ones already. Unfortunately, they were wiped out in a computer blackout (again making me want to put it on Youtube to save it forever) so I'll have to make a new one.

So, I'll PM you and tell you when it's finished, and then you'll help me put it on?

Quote:
What did you use to make the bullet effects? Or did you just have the figure point the gun and the target fall apart. I think it would be very neat to have a Matrix/Wanted style follow the bullet scene, but I'm not sure how to do it.
I used a clear/yellow brick to make it appear as if a burst of flame was coming out of the barrel. Works well with machine guns if you do it every other pic.
Old July 26th, 2010, 07:27 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION
I used a clear/yellow brick to make it appear as if a burst of flame was coming out of the barrel. Works well with machine guns if you do it every other pic.
Just a suggestion. I'm sure you know a lot more about it than me, but how do you think it would look if you alternated a yellow/clear with an orange/clear? I can't imagine that you haven't already tried this but I figure it can't hurt.

Old July 26th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
So, I'll PM you and tell you when it's finished, and then you'll help me put it on?
Yes. Finish a movie and I'll help you get it on the internet.
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Yes. Finish a movie and I'll help you get it on the internet.
Thanks.

Quote:
Just a suggestion. I'm sure you know a lot more about it than me, but how do you think it would look if you alternated a yellow/clear with an orange/clear? I can't imagine that you haven't already tried this but I figure it can't hurt.
Sorry, it would only look like he's shooting two types of bullets. If you watch my animation, you'll see how I do it.

Any suggestions for a short story? I usually like to do silent movies and just let the craziness make you laugh.
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Chilly Fangirl

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mpm7qjpuulvnm5b

(Indiana Jones Machine Gun)

Here's a remake of one of my older videos, and it's a silent film. Just download it and watch (it doesn't take up that much room, either).

Enjoy!

Major kudos to Warlord Alpha as well! I couldn't have done the uploading and such without him, so if you like it be sure to thank him.

Last edited by ABOMINATION; July 30th, 2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not quite. Check the link.
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Now try.
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow, nice work! I think this piece might make a better effect

I was a little confused by the bomb at first as well, but that machine gun scene was just so legit!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General