Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Your Own Personal Strategies

There's quite a few instances that Morsbane can be effective if played right - he can completely cripple an opponent's strategy provided you have the dice on your side.

Imagine negating Raelin, or Q9, or taking out Sir Gilbert's bonding - it renders an entire strategem completely ineffective in many instances. Granted, you need to roll a 16 to do it, but even the fact that he is on the playfield (especially when Ulginesh is around) makes him a prime target and a good decoy if that's what your strategy calls for.

There's a lot of good units that can be used as decoys. Take Raelin, for instance. 9 of 10 times people will use multiple OMs early in the game to defeat her. If your goal is to draw shooters from a protective aura or away from some high value targets (cheerleaders, heroes, or vulnerable units) she is great to move off to one side of the map with people like the KMA to create a perceived threat to the opponent. Time your order markers right and you can draw your opponent's ranged units away from an advantageous position, allowing you to move your heavy hitters up and conquer the opponent's divided forces.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullar/utgar own View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by temp.nerd View Post
Could you imagine how angry someone would be with a negated Kato?
that would actually be hilarious . anyways i think a good strategy if your opponent has a fast/good range army is to use leggionaires with mbs,ngs,marcus,other romans and mw for early game domination. start setting up the leggionaires to defend the archers while you get marcus in position or unleash your other warlords. this can probably (i have not tried this yet) work well because on a single om you can set up and send out a defender or go with a ranged, mounted unit. this would also work well with your valguard idea and is costomizable as long as you keep the leggionaires and mbs.
Do you know what's missing from that strategy?

Spoiler Alert!
no. what is missing.
Click the little button that says SHOW
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:51 AM

Antifascist is surprisingly tart

I have no clue as to whether this strategy has been tried or would work again, but when my friend played a pre-made Kato Katsuro army, I played a Valiant plus AE army against him. I made The Drop as soon as I could, dropped into Kato's range, and started peppering away at him. My pal had to start using his order markers to deal with the AE (who I of course dropped onto height), and with a few lucky rolls, I was able to dispatch Kato and send his squad army into turmoil.

Of course, I only attempted it that one time, (I need more play partners. DO YOU HEAR ME ATLANTA? LOL) so I am clueless as to how well this would work in a tournament/less casual setting.
Old April 24th, 2009, 04:13 PM

Ullar/utgar own is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
that would actually be hilarious . anyways i think a good strategy if your opponent has a fast/good range army is to use leggionaires with mbs,ngs,marcus,other romans and mw for early game domination. start setting up the leggionaires to defend the archers while you get marcus in position or unleash your other warlords. this can probably (i have not tried this yet) work well because on a single om you can set up and send out a defender or go with a ranged, mounted unit. this would also work well with your valguard idea and is costomizable as long as you keep the leggionaires and mbs.

Spoiler Alert!
no. what is missing.
never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 24th, 2009, 04:16 PM

Ullar/utgar own is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!
no. what is missing.
never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
notice how "never" is not capitalized.
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:32 PM

Goofytroup is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
1. Draft Major Q9.
2. Put all your order markers on him.
3. ???
4. Win!
That just about does it, unnfortunatly.
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
There's quite a few instances that Morsbane can be effective if played right - he can completely cripple an opponent's strategy provided you have the dice on your side.

Imagine negating Raelin, or Q9, or taking out Sir Gilbert's bonding - it renders an entire strategem completely ineffective in many instances. Granted, you need to roll a 16 to do it, but even the fact that he is on the playfield (especially when Ulginesh is around) makes him a prime target and a good decoy if that's what your strategy calls for.

There's a lot of good units that can be used as decoys. Take Raelin, for instance. 9 of 10 times people will use multiple OMs early in the game to defeat her. If your goal is to draw shooters from a protective aura or away from some high value targets (cheerleaders, heroes, or vulnerable units) she is great to move off to one side of the map with people like the KMA to create a perceived threat to the opponent. Time your order markers right and you can draw your opponent's ranged units away from an advantageous position, allowing you to move your heavy hitters up and conquer the opponent's divided forces.
Other good figures to use are those that most players underestimate, and plan to take out early. Take for example the Gorillanators. Most players think they are very weak. But if you know how to use them correctly, they can be dangerous (As my upcoming strategy article will show).

If you know that your opponent likes to take out these figures early, use them as bait while the rest of your team circles round. Then, use the 'weak" figures to pierce them up, along with the other figures doing the same. You have a good chance of winning then.

MegaSilver
Old May 27th, 2009, 10:13 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post

Hehe. I remember when my opponent drafted Braxas right on the heels of me drafting massed common squads, so I drafted Morsbane. I tried to negate Braxas, hoping to remove the Acid Breath threat. I rolled the die. I got a 20. I thought, "That works for me!"

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 27th, 2009, 10:47 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

A personal favorite. Not an extremely complex army, but this TAKES. DOWN. ANYTHING.

Kaemon & Raelin's 10th Regiment of Foot:

Raelin
Kaemon
10th Regiment x2
500 points

Raelin stays in the center of the army, boosting more or less everyone's defense. Keep Kaemon back for dealing with stronger heroes and squads. The 10th steadily move on to vantage points, keeping formation.
An extremely simple, and solid army.
Blasted Q9 in 2 turns and lost only 1 member of the 10th with this setup.
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Me and my friend played a massive game, and there were two negation glyphs. He negated my hive, so Kato got screwed. So now his non-bonding samurai army was order marker screwed.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old June 2nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofytroup View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
1. Draft Major Q9.
2. Put all your order markers on him.
3. ???
4. Win!
That just about does it, unnfortunatly.
Actually, that's not the case anymore, and never really was, if you ask me. The Repulsers should make the Major think twice before attacking. Also, there's alot of units that can be used against him, such as the Marro Stingers, and various agents.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 06:39 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Those Repulsers are my favorite unit out of wave nine. Just the range of 7 and defense of 3 makes them worth the 40 points.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles